Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revived Roman Empire + Maps

QSCDude Guest

I think that the concept of the revived Roman empire is not geographic in nature.
    At its time the Roman empire was the major political, economic and military power in the world.
    At the moment the world is going through a transfer of such powers from the USA to China. 10 years ago the USA was the major power in the world in 10 years time it will be China.
    So my view of the revived Roman empire is changing as the world changes

What does this group think of the a/c being an Assyrian? There is an article at the beginning of RR site by Rodrigo Silva...."Assyria the Nation of the A/C" Interesting....

Does anyone else think the BLUE in that last map looks like a horse? it sure does to me.
    Last edited by Kays; November 26th, 2008 at 09:38 PM.

mom2four Guest

I think it makes total sense that Satan would parallel the Bible in the Koran.....how better to deceive than to twist God's word just a bit to keep the Muslims in line with his wishes.

As far as the Assyrian bit...I just read a scripture today that stood out and made me wonder if it was referring to the antichrist Micah 5: 5-6

I've never seen anything mentioned on this scripture but it....I found it interesting the use of the words 'we will raise against him seven shepherds, even eight leaders of men. They will rule the land of Assyria with the sword, the land of Nimrod with drawn sword.'.....the use of the seven and the eight...isn't there reference of this in Revelation?

If anyone has insight I would love to hear it :0)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2four View Post
    I think it makes total sense that Satan would parallel the Bible in the Koran.....how better to deceive than to twist God's word just a bit to keep the Muslims in line with his wishes.

As far as the Assyrian bit...I just read a scripture today that stood out and made me wonder if it was referring to the antichrist Micah 5: 5-6

I've never seen anything mentioned on this scripture but it....I found it interesting the use of the words 'we will raise against him seven shepherds, even eight leaders of men. They will rule the land of Assyria with the sword, the land of Nimrod with drawn sword.'.....the use of the seven and the eight...isn't there reference of this in Revelation?

If anyone has insight I would love to hear it :0)
    The land of Nimrod is Iraq

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Default Islam not the A.C.'s empire

I don't believe the final empire will be Islamic, but indeed, out of the old Roman Empire, as nicely shown in these maps. My reason for this is that I believe the Ezekiel 38-39 Gog-Magog war will be the death-knell of Islam, its utter destruction.

"And they shall know that I (Yahweh, not Allah) am the Lord."

For those who are curious, I believe that World War III (of Rev 6's 2nd Seal, the rider on the red horse given a great sword to take peace from the earth) is time-slot when the Gog-Magog war takes place inside the 7-year Tribulation.

Sing4Him Guest

It is Israel who will wake up and KNOW "I am the Lord".

22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

*EDIT*

As to the revived Roman Empire, it will be "part iron and part clay." That is, part old Rome/EU and part Muslim. It will be weak because the 2 cultures/religions never completely "mix" but the EU side will be, and actually now is, "infused" with the Muslim culture such that some countries are beginning to allow them to be governed by their own Sharia law! ("Clay," BTW, represents the descendants of Abraham, some of which were molded to honor and some to dishonor.) This is the pretrib buildup to the midtrib reunification of the Eastern and Western portions of the Empire.

At midtrib, we know that the fp makes an image of the AC and places it in the temple (Rev 13). This is the point at which the empire is reunified under AC and resembles those maps that were posted earlier.

skypair
    Last edited by Sing4Him; December 2nd, 2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Rule 13

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    the young lions could be the US

We also may not be a major player, not because of some calamity, but rather because of a neutered foreign policy. Add to that the potential for a total indifference to Israel and a ME war.

This incoming administration may fit that scenario to a tee. I couldn't have imagined this a year ago, but it is now plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky View Post
    Hey, quick question: What's the basis of the "Revived Roman Empire" theory? Where I've recently come from, they seem to think that the sentence about the people of the prince to come happens immediately after Jesus' previous sentence. So say y'all?
    Daniel's vision, beginning at Daniel 2:40 There are a number of others that support but that begins it.

Check the main site here.
    http://www.raptureready.com/nm/146.html

Daniel 9:26 "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

This isn't one of them is it? I believe this is not one continuous event. Nor is Rome the only place in Bible prophecy that sits on seven hills. I do believe it is a revived empire. But not Roman.
    Look at the Daniel 2 passage again. The empires are:

1 Babylonian
    2 Medo-Persian
    3 Greek
    4 Roman. The 4th is Iron. Then Iron, mixed with clay, implying a reformation.

Did you read the article from the main site I linked?

Of course.

With all due respect, OnceWasLost, the only Empires we are given by God, are the first three. I have to let the Bible to interpret itself.
    Babylon was the contemporary empire to Daniel, it was conquered by the Medo-Persians, which in turn was conquered by the Greeks. Who conquered the Greeks?

impigpen2 Guest

I think Rev 17:9-11 shows the antichrist will come from the Ottoman empire not the Roman empire!

bkp1 Guest

Javier Solana EU Sec. General speaking at some college. Dunno if anyone has ever heard of this guy or not.

http://www.ku.dk/satsning/europa/solana/tale.htm

Sophia Hokmot Guest

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by havencanes View Post
    . . . but I was wondering if anyone thought that we could possibly interpret the revived Roman Empire as the U.S.?
    No, I do not believe that the revived Roman Empire is the US. In Daniel's interpretation of king Nebuchadnezzar's dream all these kingdoms have had something in common. (Daniel 2:37-45) They had control of Israel and they were all located in the middle east area. Why would that change just because we are in the last days?

Cool maps Buzzard, thanks for posting them.

The Watchtower Guest

I hate to be negative but the US will someday, maybe even in 2009, fall. Everybody says that China or India is going to take its place but the matter of fact is that China and India may fall as well when the US fall. They have more money invested in the US dollar and economy then the EU. EU will rise and be the world's next superpower.

The Antichrist has to be a Jew because the Jews will not receive a Gentile as their promised Messiah. Jesus predicted that Israel will someday foolishly receive the Antichrist as their saviour. "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive"(John 5:43).

Plus in Dan 11:37 it says "Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers." Although the verse could mean any deity, the wording strongly matches Jewish heritage of faith in God.

I have always thought the U.S. needed to fall as well, since little if any mention of us is in Scripture. With the incoming administration a pacifist foreign policy and an unwillingness to involve ourselves in Israel's defence could be a possible explanation.

Sophia Hokmot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Watchtower View Post
    Plus in Dan 11:37 it says "Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers." Although the verse could mean any deity, the wording strongly matches Jewish heritage of faith in God.
    Watchtower,

I believe you are looking in the wrong place.

And what did Esau do? Didn't he abandon the God of his fathers (Abraham and Shem).

Why do you think there were twins? (Jacob & Esau)

The Christ came from Jacob.

The "anti-christ" will come from Esau.

Malachi 1:2 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,

Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

The Watchtower Guest

Slovakia became on January 1st 2009, the 16th nation to join the Eurozone and by doing so accepting and putting its trust into the Euro as its official currency.

The EU is becoming by the day stronger, and it won't be long before the Gulf States (The OPEC) drop the dollar to have their own currency or our adopt the Euro.

Some people are even foreseeing the world recession turning into a world depression in 2010.

The Watchtower Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Hokmot View Post
    Watchtower,

I believe you are looking in the wrong place.

And what did Esau do? Didn't he abandon the God of his fathers (Abraham and Shem).

Why do you think there were twins? (Jacob & Esau)

The Christ came from Jacob.

The "anti-christ" will come from Esau.

Malachi 1:2 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,

Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
    Sophia, do you really think that the Jews would allow a man to build, inaugurate and walk thru the most holy places of the Temple while being a gentile?