Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn to Mary for comfort, Pope tells sick

Sing4Him Guest

Exclamation Turn to Mary for comfort, Pope tells sick

Turn to Mary for comfort, Pope tells sick

Pontiff says euthanasia, assisted suicide not an option for the suffering, their families
    Peter O'Neil, Canwest News Service
    Published: Tuesday, September 16, 2008
    LOURDES, France - The dense crowds were parted yesterday to allow a procession of people in wheelchairs and on stretchers into a special mass before Pope Benedict XVI.

It was a day when severely sick and disabled people were treated like film stars on Oscar night.

Police made sure the healthy pilgrims in Lourdes, the "miracle town," were kept farther back and behind fencesPope Benedict, who has placed less emphasis on the Virgin Mary's perceived healing powers than his predecessor, John Paul II, emphasized that the pilgrimage to Lourdes is an experience that leads primarily to spiritual rather than physical healing.

He likened the world's suffering to Jesus Christ being "tortured" before dying in front of Mary's painful gaze.

"Mary loves each of her children, giving particular attention to those who, like her son at the hour of his passion, are prey to suffering," the pontiff said shortly before returning to the Vatican and ending his four-day visit to France.

The Pope used his homily to touch one of the hot-button moral issues in society, saying the desperately sick and disabled, and their families, must not consider euthanasia or assisted suicide.

"To those who suffer and to those who struggle and are tempted to turn their backs on life: turn towards Mary."

He urged the thousand ....

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/...3-1ca452943357

Where is that pulling your hair out smiley??? I can't find it!

Sing4Him Guest

'posted one for ya!

NowAlive Guest

I want to go home now. Come Lord Jesus.

raptureshoes Guest

do they EVER proclaim Jesus Christ? Any time that I hear, it is always Mary. What's Mary got to do with salvation???

Quote Originally Posted by Sing4Him View Post
    Turn to Mary for comfort, Pope tells sick

Pontiff says euthanasia, assisted suicide not an option for the suffering, their families
    Peter O'Neil, Canwest News Service
    Published: Tuesday, September 16, 2008
    LOURDES, France - The dense crowds were parted yesterday to allow a procession of people in wheelchairs and on stretchers into a special mass before Pope Benedict XVI.

It was a day when severely sick and disabled people were treated like film stars on Oscar night.

Police made sure the healthy pilgrims in Lourdes, the "miracle town," were kept farther back and behind fencesPope Benedict, who has placed less emphasis on the Virgin Mary's perceived healing powers than his predecessor, John Paul II, emphasized that the pilgrimage to Lourdes is an experience that leads primarily to spiritual rather than physical healing.

He likened the world's suffering to Jesus Christ being "tortured" before dying in front of Mary's painful gaze.

"Mary loves each of her children, giving particular attention to those who, like her son at the hour of his passion, are prey to suffering," the pontiff said shortly before returning to the Vatican and ending his four-day visit to France.

The Pope used his homily to touch one of the hot-button moral issues in society, saying the desperately sick and disabled, and their families, must not consider euthanasia or assisted suicide.

"To those who suffer and to those who struggle and are tempted to turn their backs on life: turn towards Mary."

He urged the thousand ....

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/...3-1ca452943357

I see the Pope has passed up another opportunity to perform a "miracle" at Lourdes ("miracle town").
    He claims to be the successor of Peter and he could "prove it" by imitating Peter. I recall Peter saying, "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk."

I guess the Pope might be lying if he said that he had no silver and gold.
    He should take note that Peter spoke and performed the healing miracle in the name of Jesus Christ.

It is obvious why the Pope emphasized "spiritual" healing instead of physical healing. His suggestion for the suffering to "turn towards Mary", instead of pointing to Jesus, indicates that the Pope could use a heavy dose of spiritual healing himself.

JY11 Guest

Apostacy through and through.

Praying the great deception over the catholics will be lifted and they will turn to full trust in Jesus alone for their salvation.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Sing4Him Guest

Mary is a dead person. She was as sinful as any other man/woman.

Would you pray to Moses or your gr. gr grandfather?

The Bible tells us there is ONLY ONE mediator between God and Man:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus 1 Tim. 2:5

and how do we pray?

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Heb 4:16

This proves we pray Boldly and directly to Jesus.

No dead human can intervene nor hear us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sing4Him View Post
    Mary is a dead person. She was as sinful as any other man/woman.

No dead human can intervene nor hear us.
    Bingo, this should be so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by handson21 View Post
    It's a gathering of sick and dying people, where prayers are asked to heal them.
    Have you no compassion for the sick of this world?
    The Pope is saying to turn towards Mary, to ask her Son to heal them.
    Stop trying to twist everything into the warped picture that suits your narrow perspective.
    The Holy Trinity is the only one with the power to heal.
    But all of us, have the power to pray.
    Compassion for the suffering is not shown by presenting them another gospel such as "turning towards Mary".
    The narrow perspective, that you claim is a warped picture, is the narrow Way that Jesus spoke of. That Way is Jesus alone, not the "Jesus by way of Mary" gospel addition which you seem to hold to.

I'm curious if anyone got "healed" out of that large gathering?
    The whole scene reminds me of the same presentation that is put forth by the false healers on TV.

The unbelieving world would be correct in seeing the Pope's claim as a form of necromancy. Mary or any other saint being alive in heaven does not justify our praying to them in place of praying directly to God. The assumption that saints who have died can be conjured up for any revelation or aid is condemned in the bible. King Saul is an example of this.

Do you think when you die, and go to heaven, you stop praying for others?????
    Or.......you could actually ask the Lord, since you're in heaven and all.....are you sure you thought that one through?

For the 80 millionth time!
    Impressive. Some would be jealous of your post count...
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

zookeeper Guest

It's a gathering of sick and dying people, where prayers are asked to heal them.
    Have you no compassion for the sick of this world?
    The Pope is saying to turn towards Mary, to ask her Son to heal them.
    Stop trying to twist everything into the warped picture that suits your narrow perspective.
    The Holy Trinity is the only one with the power to heal.
    But all of us, have the power to pray.
    Pray to Mary to ask her son to heal them?? Why???

The pope should be saying PRAY TO JESUS....ASK JESUS TO HEAL THEM.

This is one of the MANY reasons why I left the Catholic church. Their man-made rules and rituals sicken me. I can go on and on....but I won't. I just thank and praise the Lord that my eyes and ears were finally opened and I learned the TRUTH.

Stepping off my soapbox now

The prayers go to God/Jesus/Holy Spirit the only ONE who can answer them!!!!!
    Then why use a middle (wo)man?
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

handson21 Guest

Revelations 8:4 the prayers of the saints

Romans 1:9-10 Paul is praying for them

Doesn't anyone in this entire raptureready site, ever pray for anyone else?

zookeeper Guest

revelations 8:4 the prayers of the saints

romans 1:9-10 paul is praying for them

doesn't anyone in this entire raptureready site, ever pray for anyone else?

of course we do.....but we don't pray to mary
    Last edited by zookeeper; September 17th, 2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Both of those examples are of prayers from living people.

Living people...
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

NowAlive Guest

Nope, no go. Praying to Mary is idolatry - plain and simple. The Catholic Church has deified her and states she is a path to salvation. This is just plain wrong.

From a sermon by John MacArthur:
    1. Pope Benedict XV, in 1918 - “Mary suffered with Christ and nearly died with Him when He died, thus she may rightly be said to have redeemed the human race with Christ.”

2. Pope Pius XI, in 1923 - “The virgin of sorrows shared the work of redemption with Jesus Christ.”

3. Pope Leo XIII, in 1891 – “No one can approach Christ except through His mother.”

4. The Catechism, in the Sunday Missal (Catholic Catechism) says, “My salvation depends on Mary’s mediation and union with Christ, because of her exalted position as Mediatrix of all grace.”

5. Vatican II, said, “Mary’s intercession continues to win for us the gift of eternal salvation.”

Let me tell you something about Mary—she is not co-Redemptrix, she doesn’t mediate grace. She’s never heard a prayer from anybody. Mary has never heard anybody pray, and Mary has never done anything for anybody! She can’t hear prayers. Mary is just another one of myriad of saints who are in the presence of God. They don’t hear prayers—they don’t answer prayers. They don’t help people. They have nothing to do with what is going on in this world. They don’t know what you are thinking, what you are praying—they can’t hear you speak. They are not involved. No saints are, and Mary certainly is not.
    For God is one, and there is one Mediator of God and of men, the Man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5)

It can't get any clearer than that!

We pray for live people.
    We do not pray to dead ones, who have no power.

Do you truly not see the difference?