View Poll Results: How did you get saved during your moment of salvation?

Voters
398. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was saved alone while reading the Bible

47 11.81%
  • I was saved after reading a Chick tract

5 1.26%
  • I was saved after reading a Living Waters tract

1 0.25%
  • I was saved after reading a church tract

4 1.01%
  • I prayed with a friend or stranger

58 14.57%
  • I prayed with a television message

14 3.52%
  • I prayed with a radio message

3 0.75%
  • I was saved after reading the gospel online

14 3.52%
  • I was saved during a crisis experience

43 10.80%
  • I got saved another way not listed (please explain)

209 52.51%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you get saved?

Default How did you get saved?

Please explain your answer

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Please post again
    The first poll had a glitch

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

ingegneriae Guest

I was saved while reading the bible during a crisis experience. It was over a few days, reading the bible because I felt lonely and bitter and needed to find something in life that was real and not hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by ingegneriae View Post
    I was saved while reading the bible during a crisis experience. It was over a few days, reading the bible because I felt lonely and bitter and needed to find something in life that was real and not hollow.
    What section of scripture jumped out at you and opened your eyes to salvation?
    How did you think you should respond?

ingegneriae Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    What section of scripture jumped out at you and opened your eyes to salvation?
    How did you think you should respond?
    I started by reading proverbs and psalms. Then I continued reading the New Testament, starting with the Gospel of Matthew. I just saw that the words I was reading had power in them, that they were real and not hollow. I think I responded by believing in the power of God to save and heal. And I kept wanting to read more and more and learn more of God and His word.

I voted 'other'. Mine is not your typical 'I had a moment and I remember it specifically' salvation. I asked Jesus into my heart at age 5. Well, naturally I don't remember that time, but during my teenage years (and btw, I did grow up in church in a Christian home as well), I re-dedicated my life several times.
    So I guess I don't have your 'average' experience. But I have struggled with, well am I saved or not since I don't remember the exact time. I fully believe though, that I am a sinner and that Jesus died on the Cross for me. I believe His death and shedding of His blood is what saves us. I have repented of my sins and I also believe that Jesus is the son of God and IS God too (the Trinity still confuses me a bit, but I believe in it). This past year my relationship with Him has grown tremendously. I feel more drawn to Him now and definately less to the world. I want to please Him and do His will. I look forward to being with Him one day and having Him tell me, well done thou good and faithful servant. I am so humbled and amazed at all that He's done for me, especially since none of us deserve His mercy and grace.
    I am a quiet person in real life and in church, but I feel like I love Jesus just as much as the person who shouts AMEN, or raises their hands up. I can't imagine my life with Him. Anyway, that's my story.
    Semper Fi! Always faithful to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Quote Originally Posted by KBKMNN View Post
    I voted 'other'. Mine is not your typical 'I had a moment and I remember it specifically' salvation. I asked Jesus into my heart at age 5. Well, naturally I don't remember that time, but during my teenage years (and btw, I did grow up in church in a Christian home as well), I re-dedicated my life several times.
    So I guess I don't have your 'average' experience. But I have struggled with, well am I saved or not since I don't remember the exact time. I fully believe though, that I am a sinner and that Jesus died on the Cross for me. I believe His death and shedding of His blood is what saves us. I have repented of my sins and I also believe that Jesus is the son of God and IS God too (the Trinity still confuses me a bit, but I believe in it). This past year my relationship with Him has grown tremendously. I feel more drawn to Him now and definately less to the world. I want to please Him and do His will. I look forward to being with Him one day and having Him tell me, well done thou good and faithful servant. I am so humbled and amazed at all that He's done for me, especially since none of us deserve His mercy and grace.
    I am a quiet person in real life and in church, but I feel like I love Jesus just as much as the person who shouts AMEN, or raises their hands up. I can't imagine my life with Him. Anyway, that's my story.
    The converting moment of salvation is hard to pinpoint at such an early age.

heart_changed99 Guest

You know what was really driving me to find the Lord? The book of Revelation. When I was just 7, one of my cousins told me the story of the AC, but it was really twisted compared to what prophecy says. She said that both the Lord and the AC is going to come back in the year 2000 and that no one will be able to tell which one is which. You just pick one and go with them. Yea, it was a strange interpretation of the book of Revelation, but being as young as I was, I really didn't understand. I just know it scared me. The thought of the world ending consumed my mind when I got in my pre-teens. Especially, since they had all those movies depicting the end of the world with a crazy twist. Gotta love Hollywood!

Annnnyway, all of this was leading up to my Salvation. I even had dreams about the end of the world, the tribulation, and just scary events that had me frozen in my bed when I would wake up at night. Actually, I still remember some dreams prior to getting saved, but I won't discuss that here.

So, it was 1999, and I was ripe and ready. I was searching, and trying to read the Word and could not understand it. Revelation was the first book in the Bible that I ever read to the finish. Needless to say, since I wasn't saved, it scared the living daylights out of me. I started becoming very depressed. There were times when I feared daylight!! I hated the daytime for some reason. I can't pinpoint why, but I am pretty sure those apocalyptic movies had something to do with it. Remember the 'Seven Signs' or something like that? Yea, I loved that movie, yet it really disturbed me. It had me looking for blood red rivers, blood red moons, and whatever other crazy signs there were in that movie. It was just to the point to where all I wanted to do was sleep and never wanted to leave the house for fear of God's wrath. I was only what? Twelve or 13!!

Thankfully, our God is a loving and merciful God and heard the cries of my heart. A dear friend invited me to her youth group and that is where a young man led me in the sinner's prayer. With tears streaming down my cheeks, I said that prayer with all of my heart. I felt so free and loved after that. I can't explain it, I just know that I was forgiven and that feeling was great!!

Praise the Lord! I had a hunger for the Word of God following my Salvation and I read every day for hours at a time. It took years upon years for me to really understand the Word as it is (was attending a WOF church), but God, in His goodness and mercy, guided me to the truth. Thank you Jesus!

I was 8 years old and attending Daily Vacation Bible School at my church. My teacher, Mrs. Martin, after the mornings Bible story and craft time, just before recess, would ask if anyone wanted to ask Jesus into their heart.

Toward the end of the week, for some reason (I now know the reason I stayed, thank you Holy Spirit!!!!!), I stayed and prayed with her. Now, you have to understand, the big concern for me at the time was to get into the Kool-aid and cookie line as soon as possible so that I could get two of the "good cookies" (the chocolate ones), which always went first. But I stayed with her and prayed. I don't remember the prayer, but I knew something had changed.

When I left the classroom and ran toward the cookie line, I felt like I was running on air - as if I was a foot or two off the ground. All the chocolate cookies were gone, but the vanilla cookies tasted even better than the chocolate ones that day (and I don't care for the flavor of vanilla).

I know this may sound like a simplistic and "childish" response to becoming a new creation in Christ, but I still remember to this day - almost 40 years later - how I felt "lighter than air" when my sins were covered by the Blood of Christ!!!!!!
    The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh:

Psalms 2:2-4a

readytogo_2 Guest

I went to a missionary conference when I was 12 years old and accepted Him there. However, for the next 20 years or so, I didn't follow Him or grow. (To call it backsliding would be an understatement!) I kept thinking that once I got my ducks in a row, that I would return to Him. But the more I went, the more out of line my ducks got! Finally, I reached rock bottom and went to a conservative, Bible-believing church. My second or third week there, someone gave me a book called, "The Bible Has The Answers" (Henry Morris). While reading it, it struck me that the Bible was the TRULY the word of God and the enormity of what Jesus had done for me, a sinner. I was never the same ever again!! Some might say that I was "born-again" at that moment (and maybe I WAS). But looking back, I still see that night at the prophecy conference as my moment of salvation. Through the years, I see where even when I wasn't following Him, He was following me!

I was 4 and was at my Church\Private school. It was my first time at Church and actually understood that I was not saved(I said prayers every night and before meals, and looked at my Childrens bible with all the pictures but unable to read it at the time,yet never understood the concept of being saved until that night.)My teacher was at the sermon and I managed to ask her afterwards how I could be saved.She took me to my classroom and she led me to the Lord.I think I was crying,I was so happy and still am.

"3Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident."

Psalm 27:3

in my living room in 1976 with the preacher and his wife from my mom's church. Had been visiting the church and invited them over, I at one time remembered the date.
    OCEANS OF LOVE and PRAYERS,
    Rita/manytears

After finding about and studying fulfilled end-times prophecy, right before Rosh Hashanah, during one of the years I was in middle school.
    Praise Warrior
    Psa 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

I'mready Guest

I know the 'day' I was saved it was Jan 15th , 1976 - It was a long time coming - I first heard the Gospel from a good friend of mine who had become a christian when I was a senior in High school in 1969 - I was raise in the catholic church and so was he- so I did listened to him when he shared the Gospel with me - but I 'totally rejected what he had to say' I know now that this was actually a help later in life when I believed.
    In the catholic church I had gone through the rituals - and traditions -sacraments - the 'routine'. I was comfortable there -well not really I couldn't wait to get out of church every Sunday.
    When my friend asked me to Accept Jesus Christ Alone for my salvation - I said 'I am happy with my Religion you can do what ever makes you happy' --
    then he said " More people are going to Hell because of Religion than any reason I know" -- that was the last time I ever saw him - I joined the Navy and he moved to another state.
    There were a few times in the following years that I over heard the Gospel again - read some Tracks - listened to some radio preachers - I know now that a seed was planted and The Father was drawing me to The Son - the Holy Spirit was working in my life bringing conviction.
    Then in Dec of 1975 - there was a gas shortage going on and people were car pooling to work. My mother was riding a 'church bus' to work that was in the neighborhood - the people would drive there cars to church and ride the bus to work. Then some people from that church invited my mother to church and she felt 'uncomfortable' going to some other church that wasn't catholic.
    She asked me to go -I did - Then I heard the Gospel again -simple but powerfull- Then the preacher said 'MORE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HELL BECAUSE OF RELIGION THAN ANY REASON I KNOW' -my knees were shaking and I could not move - I know about 'spiritual warfare' now - but at the time there was a strugle going on inside me - fear - doubt - confusion ---as I said earlier when my friend shared the Gospel with me and I rejected it - that rejection caused me to realize that I was lost and you have to be 'lost' before you can be saved. I left the church that day without making a 'decision for Christ' but there were some very friendly and caring men from that church who came to visit my home and I had lot of questions about catholicism the 'Religion' I was raised in.
    They asked me to come back to the church on Sat - I did and there was a man there who was an Ex- catholic and answered all my questions - then he asked if I wanted to 'become a christian' if I wanted to accept Jesus Christ Alone for my salvation -I said yes and He said just talk to God in your own way in prayer tell Him you want Him to come in to your life-- I fumbled through the little prayer with tears streaming down my face - and then I knew that I had become - a Child of God- I was 'changed' a 'new creation'

He shared some verses with me then but the one I remember most was
    1 John 5:13
    13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God
    Last edited by I'mready; September 20th, 2008 at 03:57 PM.

I was saved, with my sister, when we were 2 and 3 at Vacation Bible School at my Grandpa's church. I grew up in the Word, never doubted my salvation. I got upset with God and Jesus, and I've become more 'mature', but neither Amy nor I ever worried that we weren't Christ's children.

My children are the same. They are 7 and 11 and have been turning to Christ all their lives. To beg for forgiveness, to pray for their friends, to worship Him freely.

My mother, grandmother and great-grandmother were all saved the same way.
    Micah 6:8 (NIV)
    8 He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you?
    To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

As a new years resolution in my early twenty's I wanted to read the Bible. I had no church upbringing and didn't know anything about it. It was a long time ago, but I remember I was frightened that I wasn't on God's side after reading up to Kings in the Old Testament. I started telling God I wanted to be on His side and not His enemy, but I didn't know what to do, so I asked God for answers. I went to a Bible study that was put on by someone that just started working in the restaurant I was working in. I asked Jesus to come into my heart the first night.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiafromBergen View Post
    I was 8 years old and attending Daily Vacation Bible School at my church. My teacher, Mrs. Martin, after the mornings Bible story and craft time, just before recess, would ask if anyone wanted to ask Jesus into their heart.

Toward the end of the week, for some reason (I now know the reason I stayed, thank you Holy Spirit!!!!!), I stayed and prayed with her. Now, you have to understand, the big concern for me at the time was to get into the Kool-aid and cookie line as soon as possible so that I could get two of the "good cookies" (the chocolate ones), which always went first. But I stayed with her and prayed. I don't remember the prayer, but I knew something had changed.

When I left the classroom and ran toward the cookie line, I felt like I was running on air - as if I was a foot or two off the ground. All the chocolate cookies were gone, but the vanilla cookies tasted even better than the chocolate ones that day (and I don't care for the flavor of vanilla).

I know this may sound like a simplistic and "childish" response to becoming a new creation in Christ, but I still remember to this day - almost 40 years later - how I felt "lighter than air" when my sins were covered by the Blood of Christ!!!!!!
    That's a great story!

Quote Originally Posted by Biblecat2 View Post
    As a new years resolution in my early twenty's I wanted to read the Bible. I had no church upbringing and didn't know anything about it. It was a long time ago, but I remember I was frightened that I wasn't on God's side after reading up to Kings in the Old Testament. I started telling God I wanted to be on His side and not His enemy, but I didn't know what to do, so I asked God for answers. I went to a Bible study that was put on by someone that just started working in the restaurant I was working in. I asked Jesus to come into my heart the first night.
    Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by I'mready View Post
    there was a man there who was an Ex- catholic and answered all my questions - then he asked if I wanted to 'become a christian' if I wanted to accept Jesus Christ Alone for my salvation -I said yes and He said just talk to God in your own way in prayer tell Him you want Him to come in to your life-- I fumbled through the little prayer with tears streaming down my face - and then I knew that I had become - a Child of God- I was 'changed' a 'new creation'
    there's the key

His Bride Guest

I had been raised RC but was not living it, having rejected it because I had problems with its doctrines. So I began attending Bible Study Fellowship with my mother-in-law. I was young with a new baby thinking about how we would be raising him. The study was the Life and Letters of Paul and I was in the Book of Romans. The lesson raised the issue of sin and suddenly, for the first time in my whole life, I realized that it was my sin that put Jesus on the cross. MINE! I had believed that He was God from my RC training, but I had never been told that I was a sinner in need of His forgiveness alone. It was an incredible light bulb moment and suddenly all became clear. The Lord immersed me in intense Christian training for many years and brought many people into my life to bring me to maturity. It all began in 1980 and I recall it as clearly as if it happened today!

When I was 7 years old, I got saved at Church.
    betty

I was saved on the morning of Feb. 9, 2005. It was Ash Wed. and my daughter had come home from her cell group meeting the night before telling me that they had decided to participate in lent this year and she was giving up her worldly music. I was absolutely floored by that decision.

I had recently learned, when helping her study for her leadership class at her chuch, that all those things she had been telling me that her church was teaching her were true. Her church was not some sort of cult like I had thought. Everything she was telling me was right there in the bible. Woah!!

I became very envious of my daughter. At the time I thought she was in 7th heaven but later come to find out she was on fire for Christ. I cried out to the Lord in anger asking him, as I was slamming down my quota of beer for the day, "why is it that she is so happy and I am not? I believe too. It's just not fair."

I thought maybe if I gave up drinking for 40 days that I could be happy like her but real quick I told myself no way, that was too hard and I knew I would just fail again. Just then I saw in my mind Jesus hanging on that cross broken and bruised and shame set in.

Of course as usual I was intoxicated at the time so wasn't sure of the thoughts and feelings I was getting so let the thoughts go and went to bed and I prayed like I never had before. I asked God if that was Him that I was feeling could He please let me still feel the same way in the morning after the effect of alcohol was gone.

Needless to say, after taking the kids to school, I came in the house and fell to my knees in my livingroom. I didn't know how I was suppose to pray so just begged Him to forgive me and told Him how I screwed up my life. I asked Him if He could take control of my life and do what ever He wanted with it since my way was a huge failure.

It wasn't until a year later, when I found Rapture Ready that I even found out that I was saved. When I asked my daughter why she never told me she said she thought I knew. People here let me know to find a good church so I did and through my church I have been in bible study ever since. Thank you RR.

Oh!! and by the way, I never drank again. God allowed me to go through the worse time of my life withdrawing from alcohol but He was with me every step of the way.

Wow!! Thank you again Lord so much for drawing me to You through Your Word.

God Bless,
    Lori
    For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Cor. 5:21