View Poll Results: How did you get saved during your moment of salvation?

Voters
424. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was saved alone while reading the Bible

49 11.56%
  • I was saved after reading a Chick tract

6 1.42%
  • I was saved after reading a Living Waters tract

1 0.24%
  • I was saved after reading a church tract

4 0.94%
  • I prayed with a friend or stranger

64 15.09%
  • I prayed with a television message

16 3.77%
  • I prayed with a radio message

3 0.71%
  • I was saved after reading the gospel online

17 4.01%
  • I was saved during a crisis experience

46 10.85%
  • I got saved another way not listed (please explain)

218 51.42%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: How did you get saved?

Default My name is James Moore

And this is my testimony!

I am 35 years of age. Throughout my life I have gone from luke warm to cold to full blasphemous with my relationship with God. I at one point was a religious counselor while at boot camp in the Marine Corp. Even still I was not saved. I later would find myself in a abusive relationship with kids. I'll save the more graphic details but I was one of the most sinfullest people in the world. Sex, drugs, profanity and at really low points I would even condemn God. I watched my life constantly crumble with my kids even suffering and selfishly I got close to suicide. I never did follow through with it. Some would call it "chicken" but today I see that I didn't because I was meant for more.

I finally would leave my wife and the kids today are safe. I started going to church. You know, the happy feel good god loves you and always do good ones. I felt good. On Sundays after service at least. But never picked up the Bible outside of it. I still just didn't get it.

Now comes September 2016, and the world is in utter chaos. It's in worse condition than ever and you know more is coming. Finally I started looking into Revaltion and the Bible which would later lead to Daniel and Ezekiel. I than began watching videos on the End Times and would eventually find Rapture Ready. I would study and read and continued to try and make myself worthy to be one who was "caught up". I kept falling into the trap of not rightfully dividing the Word of God. I kept trying to present myself in a fashion I was worthy. Still, I was not saved.

I finally watched a video called "The Gospel" by Eric Ludy in October. It was during this video I realized the Truth. I was not worthy. I deserved to die. I deserved to spend an eternity in Hell and NOTHING I DID WOULD EVER CHANGE THIS!! But that didn't stop Jesus from taking my payment. He knows me, He knows all the horrible things I've done, He even knows at one point I fully spat on the name of God. And He STILL carried that cross for me, He still paid for all of my sins with His own blood! He suffered for me! And He still has a place for me in Heaven next to Him with Our Holy Father. And all I had to do was throw myself on my knees, confess my sins and accept His free gift and stop doing it my way!

I cried! I gave up and dropped down and repented my sins and believed in Him and His life,His payment for my sins, His death and resurrection and accepted His Gift!!

I will NEVER forget the next feeling!! I felt the Holy Spirit immediately claim me as one of His children. With His promise to never let me go! Not only do I have a place in Heaven, I don't have to face the challenges of this mortal world alone!!

I no longer worry about if I'm saved. I know I always am! I LOVE studying His word! If I'm ever confused about something in life it's always the first place I go now! I've stopped seeking out works meant to prove my worth. I walk knowing He is with me and He will always put me where he wants me, all I have to do is listen and His Glory will be done!!

1 Corinthians 15 1-8

My name is James Moore. I am a sinful human who fully placed his trust upon the Works of Jesus Christ and walk with Him as proof of His promise!

My name is James Moore........

And I am saved!

I was raised catholic but only recall my dad attending when it involved a wedding or such. Was sent to catholic schools had a fear of God, not enough to keep me out of trouble and always was expecting the big hammer to drop on me for lying or taking a candy bar or for stupid stuff I did as a kid.. Never read the bible or new what it was about and saw my dad read it for a week or so off and on. I tried continuing with the catholic church in my late teens and just quit going in my late 20's even after a serious accident where I almost died at work and my foreman did die. I always wondered why did I survive and he did not. We were working on a railroad train car on a siding track standing side by side trying to move a piece of the rail car we were inches apart. I shifted my body slightly one direction trying to get more leverage and we were struck from behind by more cars. We were pinned/crushed together horrible tragic event and I survived only because I moved slightly before impact, and because I believe God wanted me to. A few years later I make friends with a guy that likes to fish, he is a carpenter we become great friends, he always has his bible in his truck, starts filling me in on what it is all about. I start going to his church and other churches and want what Martin has, he explains how he has forgiveness for all his sins by accepting what Jesus did on the cross just for him. Weeks later I make a decision, at home I kneel at my bed and ask Jesus for forgiveness and that I need to be cleansed and that I don't understand everything but that I am a sinner and please help me. I was so upset during this prayer because I had just gone thru divorce, 2 small children and not a family anymore, still having surgeries, and now lost my job. I really yelled out for Jesus to keep me from hell and judgment and that I was a failure and I need him to make this salvation thing real I need to know this is real. A couple minutes later I was not sobbing, I was kind of crazy inside like in my chest/stomach all I can say is like laughing but inside, and then I was laughing out loud and thought I was cracking up. I did calm down and did not move for an hour or so just enjoyed the moment like everything is going to be ok. About 2 months later I got baptized and this all happened about 30+yrs ago. Has everything gone perfectly since then and no more bad life events happening and is life just so easy peasy,Not! But I know Jesus is with me always, and I still make mistakes but not like I used to, but I am His and He is Mine, and completely understand what He did for me and so glad I prayed that day. And it is not easy being someone who loves God when you are just starting out especially when friends/family/world turn on you for making such a commitment, but so glad I have stuck with Him all these years and He will never forsake me like they have.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    And this is my testimony!

I am 35 years of age. Throughout my life I have gone from luke warm to cold to full blasphemous with my relationship with God. I at one point was a religious counselor while at boot camp in the Marine Corp. Even still I was not saved. I later would find myself in a abusive relationship with kids. I'll save the more graphic details but I was one of the most sinfullest people in the world. Sex, drugs, profanity and at really low points I would even condemn God. I watched my life constantly crumble with my kids even suffering and selfishly I got close to suicide. I never did follow through with it. Some would call it "chicken" but today I see that I didn't because I was meant for more.

I finally would leave my wife and the kids today are safe. I started going to church. You know, the happy feel good god loves you and always do good ones. I felt good. On Sundays after service at least. But never picked up the Bible outside of it. I still just didn't get it.

Now comes September 2016, and the world is in utter chaos. It's in worse condition than ever and you know more is coming. Finally I started looking into Revaltion and the Bible which would later lead to Daniel and Ezekiel. I than began watching videos on the End Times and would eventually find Rapture Ready. I would study and read and continued to try and make myself worthy to be one who was "caught up". I kept falling into the trap of not rightfully dividing the Word of God. I kept trying to present myself in a fashion I was worthy. Still, I was not saved.

I finally watched a video called "The Gospel" by Eric Ludy in October. It was during this video I realized the Truth. I was not worthy. I deserved to die. I deserved to spend an eternity in Hell and NOTHING I DID WOULD EVER CHANGE THIS!! But that didn't stop Jesus from taking my payment. He knows me, He knows all the horrible things I've done, He even knows at one point I fully spat on the name of God. And He STILL carried that cross for me, He still paid for all of my sins with His own blood! He suffered for me! And He still has a place for me in Heaven next to Him with Our Holy Father. And all I had to do was throw myself on my knees, confess my sins and accept His free gift and stop doing it my way!

I cried! I gave up and dropped down and repented my sins and believed in Him and His life,His payment for my sins, His death and resurrection and accepted His Gift!!

I will NEVER forget the next feeling!! I felt the Holy Spirit immediately claim me as one of His children. With His promise to never let me go! Not only do I have a place in Heaven, I don't have to face the challenges of this mortal world alone!!

I no longer worry about if I'm saved. I know I always am! I LOVE studying His word! If I'm ever confused about something in life it's always the first place I go now! I've stopped seeking out works meant to prove my worth. I walk knowing He is with me and He will always put me where he wants me, all I have to do is listen and His Glory will be done!!

1 Corinthians 15 1-8

My name is James Moore. I am a sinful human who fully placed his trust upon the Works of Jesus Christ and walk with Him as proof of His promise!

My name is James Moore........

And I am saved!

James, I love your testimony. Praise God!

ldonjohn

I was ANGRY at everything and EVERYONE. I was so full of RAGE, daily. I was contemplating suicide daily. I hated my job, I hated those nasty mean people there. I hated everyone. (I have PTSD and had no idea that this is what was going on with me.) Anyhow...hate, hate, hate. I was full of it. Mainly because of how people were treating me and others.

My mom she said had prayed for me for several years, her and the Church, for my salvation.

While I was in all this rage, I was getting sick. I was calling out of work a lot. From the time I got up to the time I went to bed I was plotting revenge. I was going to get back at all these haters and I was going to end my life.

Then, one night, I had a dream. It was like all dark, night time I think, there was a lot of cloud cover, smoke, fires and people screaming. It was just so dark. Then I saw this light up in the air, way up. I immediately knew who it was, even though I didn't see anyone. I raised my arms...even though not seeing anyone, I was raising them up because whoever that was, (I Know it was Jesus now) I was going to be pulled up out of all this darkness.

Then I woke up...I immediately called my mom and told her, I want to go to Church! I started attending, I asked Jesus into my life and I couldn't be baptized fast enough LOL

Since then, I took myself to the VA, and between God, My Church and the VA, I am getting the help I need It's a struggle at times as I need to get through a lot of hurt from my past, but I AM saved and heading down the right path!!!!!!!!!! Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abby3622 View Post
    I was ANGRY at everything and EVERYONE. I was so full of RAGE, daily. I was contemplating suicide daily. I hated my job, I hated those nasty mean people there. I hated everyone. (I have PTSD and had no idea that this is what was going on with me.) Anyhow...hate, hate, hate. I was full of it. Mainly because of how people were treating me and others.

My mom she said had prayed for me for several years, her and the Church, for my salvation.

While I was in all this rage, I was getting sick. I was calling out of work a lot. From the time I got up to the time I went to bed I was plotting revenge. I was going to get back at all these haters and I was going to end my life.

Then, one night, I had a dream. It was like all dark, night time I think, there was a lot of cloud cover, smoke, fires and people screaming. It was just so dark. Then I saw this light up in the air, way up. I immediately knew who it was, even though I didn't see anyone. I raised my arms...even though not seeing anyone, I was raising them up because whoever that was, (I Know it was Jesus now) I was going to be pulled up out of all this darkness.

Then I woke up...I immediately called my mom and told her, I want to go to Church! I started attending, I asked Jesus into my life and I couldn't be baptized fast enough LOL

Since then, I took myself to the VA, and between God, My Church and the VA, I am getting the help I need It's a struggle at times as I need to get through a lot of hurt from my past, but I AM saved and heading down the right path!!!!!!!!!! Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Abby, it's good to hear that you are getting the help you need and that you know you are saved.

ldonjohn

For me, it was more like How many times did you get saved? LOL

I didn't understand salvation until about 15 or so years ago, but that's beside the point....

I know the first time I "got saved" was in 1977 or 78 I think, at a Billy Graham crusade in Toronto, ON. My late aunt Minerva took me and I knew I needed the Lord, so I went down at the altar call. As I said, I didn't really understand Christianity nor take my walk seriously, though I went to church for a time. I drifted for years, then "got saved" again in 1985. Some ppl were street witnessing and they stopped & talked to me. I still remember the change I felt and the joy I had afterward. Once again, I didn't really understand everything so I went to church for a while then drifted...I re-dedicated my life several times in the years since then. I did not really take salvation seriously until around 1992 or so. Even then I struggled with spiritual warfare, and had my "ups" and "downs" in my walk. I think it was either in 2002 or 2004 that I really began to study the Word more, after being exposed to multiple doctrines and denominations....I said "Lord, I want to know what YOU say, not what these churches say" and with that I purchased a Life Application Bible. God really opened my eyes to so many things then, it was exciting!

Since that time, the devil has tried VERY hard to confuse me. This is why I'm always looking for other sources to confirm or deny teachings, since I've heard stories like "you can't rely on (so & so) translation," etc. Nowadays, with so many false teachers, you REALLY have to know the Word of God.
    love in Christ Jesus & prayers,
    Lynda

I am ready to go!!!

I was in the US Army serving in Germany, 1972. It was very boring so I read a lot. One day I went into the book store looking for some science fiction. There was this book with a very catchy title, The Late Great Planet Earth. I bought it. I had never heard about any of the stuff it contained, bible prophesy, and found it fascinating. So I got me a Bible from the chaplain's office and started to look these things up. This stuff really IS in the Bible! At the end there was an invitation to accept Christ. It just seemed like the logical thing to do. It took!