Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 91

Thread: Will there be Male and Female in Heaven -if so Why?

  1. #1
    I'mready Guest

    Default Will there be Male and Female in Heaven -if so Why?

    This discussion started in another thread in Prophecy - I thought to bring it here - maybe a more appropriate forum? Well what are your thoughts will there be Men and Women in Heaven ?? Should be some interesting thought - it's ok to Speculate - but it would be better to have some Biblical back -up.

  2. #2
    ingegneriae Guest

    Default

    Hebrews 13:8
    Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

    Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

  3. #3
    I'mready Guest

    Default

    well how the discussion started was -- at the Rapture when we are 'Changed' - will we have 'gender' in Heaven? There were some references to being 'like' the Angels and there would be no marriage in heaven - but does that mean there will be No Males or Females.

  4. #4
    Biblenuggetlady Guest

    Default

    Scripture about our being "like the angels in heaven" IN CONTEXT means simply we will not marry. We are married to Jesus. The context of the verse in no way implies that we will be "changed" and have no gender. Scripture was given in the other thread.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    812

    Default

    I believe I will still be a girl! God made me one, and I believe I will be one for eternity. Only difference is, I believe we will loose the stuff we needed here on earth for reproduction (I hope it isn't too blunt)...

  6. #6
    I'mready Guest

    Default

    There is an interesting concept - I don't know whether it is in Jewish tradition or is derived from the 'Names' of God in OT in the Hebrew but there is a concept that there is a masculine and feminine component to God.
    It is hard to explain - One of those Trinity -like concepts that are there but difficult to wrap your head around.

    Scripture does seem to say that He created Male and Female in 'His' Image.

    and He called Male and Female -'man'


    Genesis 1:27
    So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

    Genesis 5:2
    He created them male and female and blessed them. And when they were created, he called them "man. "


    If you read those verses in reverse order - Read Gen 5:2 first - it might make more sense
    Last edited by I'mready; September 23rd, 2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Reverse Order

  7. #7

    Default

    The way I think about it. Their is God the father(creator) son(God man in flesh) and the Holy Spirit (God in spirit form).

    We are made in his image right? So we are able to be creative, we are flesh, and also have the spirit living in us. The holy spirit. That is what makes us one in Christ Jesus. We are all a part of the body of christ. Some of us are hands, feet, eyes, ears, man, or woman etc... I honestly believe we will have gender in heaven. I don't see why I would lose apart of me. The only thing that will be gone is sin but not gender. In the beginning God said his creation was very good when all was perfect and not tainted by sin.

    Also Jesus spoke of heavenly things in parables so that we may understand on earth. In spirit (being in fellowship/relationship with him) him we are all one. So then, Jesus calls us his bride and he is our husband in spirit. When we are raised we will still have that relationship obviously but we will physically be with him. I'm kind of losing my point but I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I don't want to say too much as these are just my thoughts. Just trying to make a connection.

    I'm not too good at this stuff but If I remember, I may add more later...

  8. #8
    His Bride Guest

    Default

    God isn't an evolutionist....humans remain human, male and female. We don't morph into angels but remain human. Our ability to procreate and live as married people no longer remains. Our purpose will be as the Bride of Christ, worshipping, fellowshipping, and working for HIm. Each of us will retain our personality and character, but with perfection and completely sinless.

    When Jesus received his immortal body he had been given new abilities and powers, such as appearing before the apostles in the Upper Room. He ate with them.

    We have so much to look forward to...

  9. #9
    I'mready Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LizMusica View Post
    The way I think about it. Their is God the father(creator) son(God man in flesh) and the Holy Spirit (God in spirit form).

    We are made in his image right? So we are able to be creative, we are flesh, and also have the spirit living in us. The holy spirit. That is what makes us one in Christ Jesus. We are all a part of the body of christ. Some of us are hands, feet, eyes, ears, man, or woman etc... I honestly believe we will have gender in heaven. I don't see why I would lose apart of me. The only thing that will be gone is sin but not gender. In the beginning God said his creation was very good when all was perfect and not tainted by sin.

    Also Jesus spoke of heavenly things in parables so that we may understand on earth. In spirit (being in fellowship/relationship with him) him we are all one. So then, Jesus calls us his bride and he is our husband in spirit. When we are raised we will still have that relationship obviously but we will physically be with him. I'm kind of losing my point but I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I don't want to say too much as these are just my thoughts. Just trying to make a connection.

    I'm not too good at this stuff but If I remember, I may add more later...

    I understand what you are saying - God created us in His image and it was Good-- That is one reason to believe that there will male and female in heaven - We will not lose our identity - we will be who we are - in Christ.

    Another thing to think about is that -after the Fall- Sin - death and because of death to continue the race there was pro-creation.
    I believe that Before the Fall -the Male(Adam) and Female(Eve) were created to live forever together - it was not the kind of relationship that we think of today - they were companions - If you actually think about it - they were brother and sister - with God as their Father and Creator - and were family just like we are today spiritually in Christ as brothers and sisters in the family of God - and will be for all Eternity.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'mready View Post
    I understand what you are saying - God created us in His image and it was Good-- That is one reason to believe that there will male and female in heaven - We will not lose our identity - we will be who we are - in Christ.

    Another thing to think about is that -after the Fall- Sin - death and because of death to continue the race there was pro-creation.
    I believe that Before the Fall -the Male(Adam) and Female(Eve) were created to live forever together - it was not the kind of relationship that we think of today - they were companions - If you actually think about it - they were brother and sister - with God as their Father and Creator - and were family just like we are today spiritually in Christ as brothers and sisters in the family of God - and will be for all Eternity.
    God created marriage at the beginning. God told them to "be fruitful and multiply", so the relationship was beyond just companions.
    Our maleness or femaleness is a part of our individual personalities, so I see no reason for that to change in heaven. There is a definite difference in the way a man or a woman thinks about and understands many things. That is how God made us.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Just... here...
    Posts
    14,879

    Default

    Will there be Male and Female in Heaven?
    Yes.


    -if so Why?
    Because we will not stop being 'us'.

    Our 'humanity' will be perfected, but we will still be essentially human.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Just... here...
    Posts
    14,879

    Default

    In no mistake that the Bible has a marriage at both ends of its narrative.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

  13. #13
    I'mready Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
    God created marriage at the beginning. God told them to "be fruitful and multiply", so the relationship was beyond just companions.Our maleness or femaleness is a part of our individual personalities, so I see no reason for that to change in heaven. There is a definite difference in the way a man or a woman thinks about and understands many things. That is how God made us.
    That difference has caused 'problems' here on earth - The divorce rate statistics are not accurate as calculated by the Census Dept - it is way more than 50% - those statistics are for first marriages only - when 2nd and 3rd marriages are factored in the rate is more like 75% -btw those stats are not much different in or out of the church - there may be male and female in heaven but there will not be any marriage or 'problems'.

    We will be in complete harmony with each other and be one in Christ.

  14. #14
    His Bride Guest

    Default

    Amen to that!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Personally I don't think there's gender in heaven, as we know it.

    But a lot of people in this thread are misquoting Genesis saying God made us in His image.

    This is what it says;
    Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

    27 So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;
    male and female he created them.
    Genesis 1:26-27 NIV

    So who is the our in "our likeness"?
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    Abraham Lincoln

  16. #16
    lmenningen Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel1210 View Post
    ...So who is the our in "our likeness"?
    The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

  17. #17
    freyasfav Guest

    Default

    I believe we have 2 hosts for our soul, human(physical) body, & a spirit. If I contend my spirit has no gender, the odds for my new body are 50/50 based on previous history. I think our new bodies will not be exactly like our current ones because they have fault, both miniscule & at times grandiose-missing limbs, etc. I think whatever plans God holds for our new bodies, I believe they will be without certain important attributes for earth. Digestion/Reproductive organs. I believe while they may be physical, the attributes will be more in tune with the spiritual world, like angelic bodies. In short, I lean toward sexless.

  18. #18
    freyasfav Guest

    Default

    For those who believe they will retain their identity, some of which comes from M/F on this earth. I think we will still be "ourselves", but my human mind is weak & when my soul(essence of ME) is in the new body I believe that one will hold a different mind so I am not so tempted. I will be me, but not EXACTLY as I was here. Think how hard it is to control thoughts-even when you cast them away they came to you originally. I don't think I would last in heaven as me, & my new body will be different in most aspects like the angels. Taking away outside influence to sin, couldn't be enough-I wouldn't think. Really, while we will all still be ourselves, I don't think someone here would quite recognize us were we to telephone from heaven. They would instead be left with a familiar impression. "He reminds me of somebody, who was it?"

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'mready View Post
    That difference has caused 'problems' here on earth - The divorce rate statistics are not accurate as calculated by the Census Dept - it is way more than 50% - those statistics are for first marriages only - when 2nd and 3rd marriages are factored in the rate is more like 75% -btw those stats are not much different in or out of the church - there may be male and female in heaven but there will not be any marriage or 'problems'.

    We will be in complete harmony with each other and be one in Christ.
    I understand what you are getting at about the difference. That difference does make for serious problems on earth,when God is taken out of the equation, as you explained.
    I especially agree with your last sentence of our complete harmony with each other in heaven, as we are one in our Lord. That could take effect to a good degree even now, when we allow the Spirit to guide us.

  20. #20
    I'mready Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
    I understand what you are getting at about the difference. That difference does make for serious problems on earth,when God is taken out of the equation, as you explained.
    I especially agree with your last sentence of our complete harmony with each other in heaven, as we are one in our Lord. That could take effect to a good degree even now, when we allow the Spirit to guide us.

    AMEN


    I knew there would be some interesting discussion on this - All Good Posts !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •