Thread: Complaints flood papers over Muslim ad

Default Complaints flood papers over Muslim ad

When I began to read this article, in the J.Post, I thought the Jews were complaining that a pro-Islam ad had appeared. Nope. Americans are criticizing newspapers for allowing an advertisement criticizing radical Islam. IOW, the liberals are angry that the NY Times sent them a DVD, denouncing it as 'Anti-Muslim propaganda. They've had over 500 emails and phone calls and 50 cancellations.

"I cannot believe that I was sent the hate-inflaming, fear-mongering video disk `Obsession' in my newspaper!" Margaret Lewis of Durham, N.C., wrote to The News & Observer. "What will you enclose next? KKK robes?"

Dozens of people protested outside The Oregonian's offices on Monday, the morning after the Portland, Ore., newspaper carried the DVD. One said he canceled his subscription. Mayor Tom Potter had tried to persuade the paper not to run the ad.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
    Huh. Seems kind of extreme response to me. Whatever happened to freedom of expression? This was a paid advertisement from a group called Clarion, by the way.
    Micah 6:8 (NIV)
    8 He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you?
    To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Biblenuggetlady Guest

Maybe those folks should watch the video and comment or complain after. I'd like to get Farewell Israel, Bush, Iran and the Revolt of Islam into everyone's hand, another insightful video. I wonder how many would complain or cancel if a pro-Muslim/Anti-Israel DVD were included. Portland, the northern extention of SF.

vhowell Guest

Saw Obsession and it shows clips of muslims threatening death to America and all that. In thier own words, not as some quote. So who is the "hate-inflaming" one? The one shouting or the one exposing the shouters ?

We are so politically correct .............yuck..........

josh1313 Guest

There was another woman who complained about getting the Obsession video, and it wasn't even addressed to her. It was addressed to her son-in-law.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Dhimwits.htm

It's sad that people are offended by being warned about people who want to kill them.

tigger Guest

We got two of them in the mail and our daughter is taking it to college and showing it to her dorm mates.

g5m Guest

I wonder how long before the First Amendment is null and void.

Robert Guest

Probably right after the rapture, if not sooner.

ChristianGal Guest

My local newspaper (The Detroit Free Press) posted a notice that they did not support sending this out. I read the comments to this posting and most comments criticized the DVD. I received it but haven't watched it yet (though I plan to).

One commentor said her daughter received and she confiscated it, watched it, and threw it out because it was propaganda.

I am just amazed at the bigotry. So these liberal so-called Americans think peaceful Baptists are the problem and radical Islam is being picked on. Go figure!

Robert Guest

Now, why is it Christians can be called narrow-minded, bigoted, hateful, and just about any other epithet that isn't true, and we're not supposed to get upset. But show a video SHOWING hate speech from a particluar group along with video of terrorist acts from those who PROUDLY purport to be members of Islam, and they get MAD??

Seems like a bit of a double standard to me.

HisAlways Guest

How sad. This company was good enough to try to inform and warn people, and they get this reaction.

This country is doomed. I never saw such apathy and blindness.

MROD Guest

maybe those americans would prefer to receive a bomb in their mailbox instead from someone who hates America. Or maybe they would prefer to be in their office and have someone fly a plane into their building?

Has everyone forgot?! Are they out of their minds!

I know, lets elect Obama and let his Muslim faith conjure up some miracles.

It really points out how easily people are fooled and how easily they will accept whatever is fed to them by the AC about the rapture.

Reckoner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by g5m View Post
    I wonder how long before the First Amendment is null and void.
    What does the First Amendment have to do with any of this? There is zero government involvement in this situation.

HisAlways Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    What does the First Amendment have to do with any of this? There is zero government involvement in this situation.
    Who said anything about government? We still have Amendment rights. "We the people...."

Cognac Guest

They want to believe everybody wants peace and happyness.

It's beyond them to comprehend true hatered. So they blot it out of their minds.

It's beyond them to understand the mind of a murderer, who murders for pleasure. It's beyond them to believe an entire nation wants bloody violence against inocent civilians. They don't recognise the meaning of muslim nations cheering in the streets when a western city is bombed.

Robert Guest

Very true. And then when they are confronted with the truth, they go into a state of denial.