Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: every little sin, every bad thought, the smallest thing,

Macklynn Guest

Default every little sin, every bad thought, the smallest thing,

I feel guilty about now. .....like everything is sinful to me. I don't understand why its so much more noticeable to me now? I can also seem to remember everything from the past I've ever done wrong.

I've been a believer for a long time and have felt God's forgiveness in the past, but now I'm convicted about every word, thought, ....and even everything I see.

Sunny Guest

You are being purified to an even deeper level. We often receive bursts of it.

Consider it a privilege that our Father considers you ready for more growth. Congratulations!

Just watch to make sure it's conviction from the Holy Spirit, and not guilt trips from the powers of darkness. Subtle, yet discernible difference.

Chicken5516 Guest

Yeah...it's happening to me and hubby too. And the things that we cared about before are fast becoming non-important as all we care about now is Jesus and leaving this place.

But the biggest conviction he has given me is to make sure that every single family member and friend knows who Jesus is.

The Lord wants us to come clean and get ready for His return.

I agree with Valerie tho...the Lord isn't making me remember past sins that He has forgiven me for. He's showing me things that HE considers a sin and that I need to repent of. Like being lazy and not doing enough for His Kingdom.

He's coming soon. Sooner than I think most expect.

bkp1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken5516 View Post
    Yeah...it's happening to me and hubby too. And the things that we cared about before are fast becoming non-important as all we care about now is Jesus and leaving this place.

But the biggest conviction he has given me is to make sure that every single family member and friend knows who Jesus is.

I agree with Valerie tho...the Lord isn't making me remember past sins that He has forgiven me for. He's showing me things that HE considers a sin and that I need to repent of. Like being lazy and not doing enough for His Kingdom.

Wow, sounds so much like what my wife and I are going through. Stuff that interested me two months ago does not interest me anymore. I used to cuss way too much, and now I don't at all.

seekingtruth1 Guest

ME too! God has taken away the desire with one sin I was struggling with.....thank GOD! And I am trying to use witnessing oportunities wisely......that is my main focus now......

JY11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macklynn View Post
    I feel guilty about now. .....like everything is sinful to me. I don't understand why its so much more noticeable to me now? I can also seem to remember everything from the past I've ever done wrong.

I've been a believer for a long time and have felt God's forgiveness in the past, but now I'm convicted about every word, thought, ....and even everything I see.
    I've been going through the same thing! I'm in a state of hyper-conviction.

Sing4Him Guest

Macklynn? I don't know if you have come to repentant faith in Jesus Christ or not. I can't tell from your writing.

Could the Lord be calling you to Himself? Do you need to ask Him to forgive your sins and receive Him as Lord and Savior?

If you have come to repentant faith in Jesus, it would seem the Holy Spirit is convicting you. Confess your sins to Him. Submit yourself to Him by the reading of His Word. As others have stated here, He is like a refiner's fire. He is maturing you, growing you in Him to become more like Him.

Remember that guilt is not from the Lord. Who IS the accuser of the brethren? Rev. 12:10

Read Romans 8:1

I will be praying for you. If you have not come to the Savior, I pray you do now. Fall on your knees before Him, ask Jesus for forgiveness of your sins and for Him to be your Lord and Savior now.

Macklynn Guest

I will be praying for you. If you have not come to the Savior, I pray you do now. Fall on your knees before Him, ask Jesus for forgiveness of your sins and for Him to be your Lord and Savior now.
    thanks, that's sweet of you, but I know I'm saved - I have repented and felt the presence of God's Spirit over the years.

It's just that everything looks sinful to me now & its hard to live like that. Even the old shows I used to laugh at like "I love Lucy" seem vain and empty...without God. Everything I look at I am reminded that its temporary and passing. It feels like I'm watching everything die. Grief and a heavy heart ya know?

I went to eat lunch at a Mexican Restaurant yesterday w/ my husband (my favorite one) and I looked around at the painted Spanish dancers on the wall with empty laughing faces & felt sick. The rock music made me sick. The margarita my husband insisted on buying me made me sick.

When I go shopping, it makes me sick to look at all the excess - I start thinking about the little swollen bellies in other countries - hungry kids - and I put the purchases back on the shelves and leave.

Am I depressed? losing it? crazy?....or is it God?

Lords_Child Guest

This is happening with me also. The other day I was going to watch a movie I have called my favorite for years and because of its content I couldn't. First time that has ever happened in my life. That is not the only thing, but it sure stands out for me as a heart changed. I have also noticed that I have a heart to honor my husband and let him be the authority in my marriage.

I'm feeling somewhat like that. I think it's more that things I used to enjoy are not so enjoyable now. They seem trivial compared to what's important.

TV shows especially seem to annoy me.

It's just that everything looks sinful to me now & its hard to live like that. Even the old shows I used to laugh at like "I love Lucy" seem vain and empty...without God. Everything I look at I am reminded that its temporary and passing. It feels like I'm watching everything die. Grief and a heavy heart ya know?

Am I depressed? losing it? crazy?....or is it God?

In Ecclesiastes, it says, "So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun"

Perhaps, God is trying to press home to you that anything but Heaven, anything but Him, is hollow and useless. He may be guiding you toward helping and reaching out to others more, as you observe the emptiness of their lives, and the waste of it all.

Will pray for you,
    Rayn
    For the truly faithful, no miracle is necessary.
    For those who doubt, no miracle is sufficient.
    --Nancy Gibbs

WhiteStone Guest

The Lord is preparing His Bride for the wedding.......

I have felt this same way! I also find myself reaching out more to others and boldly witnessing to my daughter.

Seabird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken5516 View Post

Amen and amen!

Ditto...I am going through the same problem. I have to constantly remind myself that Jesus paid the price for my salvation, and nothing I could ever do, no matter how good, would ever be enough. But I still feel as though I am so unworthy.I am having a difficult time concentrating on work,school, or anything else lately. I want to do so many things, yet I have little time to do much at all. I am so ready to go home. It is a blessing in its self just knowing others share this same burden. I do not believe it is by accident.

It's called sanctification.

Hilary, mommy to Charlotte (12/08) and Clara (11/10)

Default Everything pointless now

To my brothers and sisters in Christ,

In reading this thread I feel much the same and have been convicted of my sin. I am new to this site and have been reading and lurking for awhile.

I was working on a web site for my business a few weeks ago, actually about 1 week before the election and I had a dream or vision, I'm not sure but I knew Obama had to win the election. If that happened then I also knew Israel would then be alone to face the wrath of the whole world. It was scary at the time but I think it really sunk in at about 9:00 on election night. It felt hopeless that night and I didn't know what to do but I was drawn to reading my Bible. The next day I found this site and I knew from what I was reading here, that there were others feeling much the same as I do.

Now I look around and think that this will all be gone very soon. The business I was starting and the effort I was putting into it now seems pointless. I can't listen to music anymore or watch programs other than Fox news, I watch the news exclusivly now. There is an apathy for everything except the Bible, news and helping other people with anything they need help with. This is a very odd feeling, like I am saying goodbye to everything and everybody. Everything in this world seems so superficial now.

I have accepted Christ in my Life but my heart is heavy with all my constant sinning and the things that are happening all around me.

Dave
    Last edited by iSong6:3; November 27th, 2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: rule #7

I feel the same way.It is the Holy Spirit working in you.Our counselor.

The Bride is being prepared for the Bridegroom.

Maranatha

Quote Originally Posted by tscopemkr View Post
    To my brothers and sisters in Christ,

In reading this thread I feel much the same and have been convicted of my sin. I am new to this site and have been reading and lurking for awhile.

I was working on a web site for my business a few weeks ago, actually about 1 week before the election and I had a dream or vision, I'm not sure but I knew Obama had to win the election. If that happened then I also knew Israel would then be alone to face the wrath of the whole world. It was scary at the time but I think it really sunk in at about 9:00 on election night. It felt hopeless that night and I didn't know what to do but I was drawn to reading my Bible. The next day I found this site and I knew from what I was reading here, that there were others feeling much the same as I do.

Now I look around and think that this will all be gone very soon. The business I was starting and the effort I was putting into it now seems pointless. I can't listen to music anymore or watch programs other than Fox news, I watch the news exclusivly now. There is an apathy for everything except the Bible, news and helping other people with anything they need help with. This is a very odd feeling, like I am saying goodbye to everything and everybody. Everything in this world seems so superficial now.

I have accepted Christ in my Life but my heart is heavy with all my constant sinning and the things that are happening all around me.

Dave
    Dave, I don't know you, or where you are at in your journey with the Lord, but some of your post concerns me a little.
    I would like to encourage you to keep going with your daily life, your business, your plans, unless God has CLEARLY shown you otherwise. If you've travelled with Jesus for many years/quite some time, you've undoubtedly been talking to Him about where you should be, what job is in His plans for you.
    I wouldn't be throwing in the towel yet on something that you've felt God wanting you to be doing. He does want us to be busy occupying until He comes.
    I wonder if you've allowed the Enemy to slip a dart of discouragement/depression between the chinks in your armor? Think of the witnessing opportunities that can still come your way because of that website or your business...people need to hear about the Lord now more than ever. They need to see someone run & care for their business as a Christian would...there are still people out there hungry for the truth....what if that website is God's way of leading one person to Jesus...if you don't go through with it, if you leave your businesss..... will that one ever get to know the Lord? Just some thoughts.......