Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Are they ready for this? Part I

sitting in her apartment in San Francisco watching the horrifying news stories flashing on CNN ...of special interest is of the massacre right there in her town.....when almost jumpin out of her chair ..a thumping comes from her door..."Casey, Casey please open up it's Eric...CASEY OPEN UP" she opens the door.."Eric oh my god...chill ..what's wrong...Casey..I'm so sorry but have you heard?" Eric see's by her face she hasn't heard....Casey I'm so sorry I was downtown at the square with our friends and I saw your mom and dad...they were listening to this guy preaching and they followed him into THAT church!" "Casey your parents...they are ..they are dead" "NO .....NO.......NO GOD....please NO" casey cries and clutches Eric's shirt as she struggles to stand
    Romans 13:11 This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here.

Hugh Hefner seems to be unfazed by the recent turmoil in the world. Seen here at the Playboy Mansion, Mr. Hefner still partying and planning yet another new magazine to hit the stands soon.

Kate Guest

First reports are coming in from western Canada which was hit the most by this phenomena in that country, people are screaming, running up and down the streets in total chaos according to our sources. Here are a couple of eyewitness accounts from the CBC.

Jennifer from Calgary: I was driving down the deerfoot trail when it happened and vehicles just started crashing, fires and explosions everywhere. We ran to help but found very few people to save? What's going on....WHAT'S GOING ON???

Gary from BC: This is surreal, I was napping and woke up to screams of horror from my home. I ran outside and people in my neighborhood were screaming for family members. We're all trying to pull it together to help find the missing.

Government Response:

We are working with the leaders of all nations around the world at this time. We ask for calm from Canadians. We are not ruling anything out, so we ask Canadians not to panic and stay close to your local media outlet for future instructions. Many are speculating at this time, your government is working hard to give you answers. We plead with you to be patient for the good of our country.

Anthem plays.

Kate Guest

Awesome thread SoundingtheAlarm BTW. I can sure see Global WAR breaking out to distract the populations after the rapture. No government would be able to explain it, so immediate distraction would be the only solution IMHO. Thanks for throwing ice cold water in peoples faces. We all need that.

God Bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Awesome thread SoundingtheAlarm BTW. I can sure see Global WAR breaking out to distract the populations after the rapture. No government would be able to explain it, so immediate distraction would be the only solution IMHO. Thanks for throwing ice cold water in peoples faces. We all need that.

God Bless you.

well thanks for the "add in" and the encouragement...it's coming out of me in asking the Lord to help me understand THE WRATH TO COME and for it to become more real to me...that "knowing the terror of the Lord" I will persuade many! I pray we all become broken ...and having the discernment spoken of in Jude..with some have compassion but others snatch as from the very flames
    Romans 13:11 This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here.

Kate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SoundingtheAlarm View Post
    well thanks for the "add in" and the encouragement...it's coming out of me in asking the Lord to help me understand THE WRATH TO COME and for it to become more real to me...that "knowing the terror of the Lord" I will persuade many! I pray we all become broken ...and having the discernment spoken of in Jude..with some have compassion but others snatch as from the very flames
    Anytime! Hey, Our Father, like any Father will discipline us when we don't listen to him. We are all his children. He loves us unconditionally, but he means what he says and has given us all the chances in the world.

Tres Wright Guest

"Honey, come here and take a look at this. I've been doing Internet searches to try and figure out this craziness, and this "Rapture Ready" web site describes exactly what has happened!! And look, everything they predicted is backed up by Bible passages, it was all foretold! I remember hearing about this site a while back on a radio program I was listening to, they were laughing about these guys as being a couple of crackpots. It sounded pretty outlandish at the time, but it's all in here. All of it! I've been reading through this "Information For Those Left Behind" section and it speaks DIRECTLY to us! It's instructions for us! It also tells us that this is just the beginning, things are going to get much, much worse. Sure we didn't go to church that much, but it says here that church wasn't the way to salvation anyway. This "Second Chance for Salvation" page describes everything we need to do to receive salvation right now! I've printed it out so we can pray together. And if that's not enough, they also have a bulletin board. Take a look at some of these stories in this window! Apparently these were fictional, they were written at the end of '08, but it sounds JUST LIKE what we've been going through! They're in this thread called "Are they ready for this?"

BREAKING NEWS: CNN...."Hello Again this is Wolf Blitzer....we are just moments away from another message from The President" "but while we wait...let's continue to keep you upto speed"

It's been 72 hours now since millions of people worldwide have vanished in what now is being heavily investigated and debated. Later tonight by the way we will have a lively show with spiritual advisor and new age guru ...Father Blind and joined by Evolutionist Dr. Deceived as well as a left behind christian apologist Pastor Hill but again 72 hours ago there is no debate that millions of people simply vanished.

Then in an effort to capitalize on such an event...enemies of the United States began a nuclear assault that saw 3 warheads penetrate missile defense systems and tragically two major cities and the southern half of the state of Florida have been destroyed. As part of the established M.A.D doctrine...our government quickly responded with a nuclear attack of its own ...so overwhelming in it's reach that it quickly resulted in a cease fire and call for an immediate face to face of all world leaders in a global conference set to begin in the next two days at the UN Headquarters. Still though tensions remain extremely high as DISTRUST runs rampant as even today The Nation of Israel successfully blasted away at Syrian Secret Weapon Bunkers and put the whole world on the precipice of a World War!!!

At the current time we are under a state of Declared Martial Law and Gun collection efforts are underway as The United States National Guard has set up check point centers ...requiring all center's to surrender ALL Firearms and to receive national Id cards. AS earlier reported food and water rationing is underway due to the extreme and difficult times of insufficient shipping abilities as well as the contaminated water that was directly a result of the nuclear strikes plus the massive earthquake that struck the center of the Nation!

breaking away to the podium of the President as He approaches ...."Citizens of the United States and of the World...I come to you once again with a heavy heart and a heavy burden. People all around this nation and all the world are facing the most troubling times and events we as a people have EVER faced! And because of this...we are having to take extreme measures! Even today in the City of San Francisco...we have saw terrorism at it's worst in the tragic loss of life at the hands of man armed with a banned rifle. And in our gun collection efforts I have authorized all state side military personnel to assist in the efforts and at such time we have instituted a new mandate. All weapons are to be turned in within the next 48 hours after which time...any and let me reitirate ANY PERSON OR PERSON found in the possession of ANY firearm no matter how small in caliber will be arrested and detained until which time we deem necessary" "my sympathies go out to all the victim's families.

Next ....In this perilous hour of Martial Law ....sadly but without alternative I have had to invoke Executive Order against free speech and have declared any mention of the description of the event of the vanishing to be termed the Rapture... in an effort to convert ....will be defined as hate speech. And that too will result in instant incarceration and held indefinitely.

Next....Sadly today our longtime friend and ally Israel went against our wishes and instructions and initiated a direct strike upon Syria! Unfortunately this attack went was in defiance of our directive and as such I have had to impose sanctions upon Israel and at this time we will for a time be withdrawing military support and financial aid. In a time when so many across the globe are sharing in grief that has spared no one...we find it imperative that we seek PEACE not just with our historical friends but all enemies as well! PEACE and SAFETY MUST BE OUR GOAL. WE must unite with one voice and one desire...that we all can live in UNITY and that means laying down our selfish and narrow ideologies..that means finding common ground despite the color of our skin...despite our religion...despite our diversities...we MUST lay EVERYTHING DOWN THAT DIVIDES US and I promise as your President I will take NO Pleasure until we have reached that GOAL! Goodnight and Peace to all!

Kate Guest

BREAKING NEWS ON CBC - CANADA

National Emergency Broadcast (All media in Canada)

ALL CANADIANS ARE ORDERED TO GO TO THEIR HOMES. WHERE EVER YOU ARE. WE HAVE A NATIONAL EMERGENCY AND FOR THE PROTECTION OF OUR CITIZENS, YOU MUST COMPLY IMMEDIATELY. THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT WILL ADDRESS YOU SHORTLY. AGAIN, ALL CANADIANS MUST RETURN TO THEIR HOMES IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS NOT A TEST..........REPEAT.....

Canadian Prime Minister Address to the Country:

My fellow Canadians, our Northern Sovereignty has been compromised. We are working with our NATO partners at this time. We need your full cooperation at this time. Please stay calm and remain in your homes till further notice, your military and government along with our NATO allies are working to solve this. You may see military activity in the skys, but don't be alarmed by this, we are working for the safety of all Canadians.

ALL MEDIA TAKEN OVER NOW IN CANADA BY THE GOVERNMENT.

eyewitness reports over internet still working.

People are posting it's Russian aircraft bombing Alaska, Vancouver, North West Territories, Northern Ontario. Panic coming from the north. Do we just sit here?

At this moment, people missing are the last concern for the ones left.

dynamicrealism Guest

It started out as a typical sunday for Bill that day. Woke up, drank a cup of coffee and made oatmeal that gorgeous Montana sunrise. The sermon at church that day talked about the power of God and his hand in all creation. He remembered a few verses that morning; Psalm 19:1 - The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. Isaiah 40:22 - "...stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. Jeremiah 33:25 - ..."the ordinances (rules of precision) of heaven and earth."

Bill, fascinated with science, had a passion for astronomy which caused those verses to be ingrained in thought. When Fedex arrived later that afternoon to drop off his research telescope, he was ecstatic to finally be able to power into the night sky. It took him several hours to figure out all the manuals, set up and finally operate as intended in his home-built observatory. "Only a couple more hours til dark," Bill said under the chilly clear sky, "and I'll be able to get a view like no one has seen around here."

Sitting on his little stool in the observatory, something happened... Only moments ago, he was zeroing in his focus on a distant galaxy when the view mutated into colors he never saw before, and everything went silent. Baffled, Bill frantically looked away from the eyepiece and straight up when the sky was completely beautiful beyond description with shapes and figures coming into vision. Bill knew what was happening and yelled at the top of his lungs, "Psalm wasn't kidding!." He started to exit the dome and saw with amazement that his clock was frozen on the wall. In that moment, physical matter no longer had any relation ship with Bill. He saw his clothes briskly fall to the ground while watching the earth move in the opposite direction under his feet.

Thats when he heard the trumpet.

Kate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicrealism View Post
    It started out as a typical sunday for Bill that day. Woke up, drank a cup of coffee and made oatmeal that gorgeous Montana sunrise. The sermon at church that day talked about the power of God and his hand in all creation. He remembered a few verses that morning; Psalm 19:1 - The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. Isaiah 40:22 - "...stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. Jeremiah 33:25 - ..."the ordinances (rules of precision) of heaven and earth."

Bill, fascinated with science, had a passion for astronomy which caused those verses to be ingrained in thought. When Fedex arrived later that afternoon to drop off his research telescope, he was ecstatic to finally be able to power into the night sky. It took him several hours to figure out all the manuals, set up and finally operate as intended in his home-built observatory. "Only a couple more hours til dark," Bill said under the chilly clear sky, "and I'll be able to get a view like no one has seen around here."

Sitting on his little stool in the observatory, something happened... Only moments ago, he was zeroing in his focus on a distant galaxy when the view mutated into colors he never saw before, and everything went silent. Baffled, Bill frantically looked away from the eyepiece and straight up when the sky was completely beautiful beyond description with shapes and figures coming into vision. Bill knew what was happening and yelled at the top of his lungs, "Psalm wasn't kidding!." He started to exit the dome and saw with amazement that his clock was frozen on the wall. In that moment, physical matter no longer had any relation ship with Bill. He saw his clothes briskly fall to the ground while watching the earth move in the opposite direction under his feet.

Thats when he heard the trumpet.
    That deserves a repeat. Goosebumps. Thank you.

It was a chilly Saturday morning, and Beth was making her way toward the Tundra, the largest open field on her college campus. In fact, nearly all 10000 students were heading there. You see, the first large snowfall of the year had taken place overnight, and today would be the annual Snowball Fight of the Year, or SFY. People scrambled to their "sides", upperclassmen on the left and underclassmen on the right. Beth hurried to her side, finding the excitement in the air infectious. Once everyone was in place, a senior yells: "ONE, TWO, THREE, CHARGE!" At once people grab snowballs and begin lobbing them at each other. Beth laughs, lobbing one across the Tundra.

But her snowball misses its target.

In fact, her target is missing all together.

Beth stands completely still, frozen in shock, staring and the pile of clothes, boots, and gloves sitting on the ground in front of her. She even notices his glasses on the top of the pile. She snaps out of her reverie and looks around her. There were now hundreds if not thousands of little piles of clothes dotting the frozen Tundra. People were screaming, raging and crying. Beth noticed her friend Sarah sobbing uncontrollably, clutching the empty shirt of her fiancee in desperation.

Beth begins to walk in what feels like slow motion, eyes glazed over, in no particular direction. She is still in shock.

She snaps out of it when she notices people jumping into a nearby lake, screaming in rage and hysteria. At first she thinks they are looking for the missing, but soon enough she realizes they are committing suicide, unable to deal with the pain and panic they feel.

Beth turns away, unable to watch any longer. It is then the tears begin to fall, freezing to her face, her breath coming out in short gasps as she sinks to the ground. What is going on? Oh my God WHAT IS GOING ON?! Her analytical mind races, searching for some solution, but it comes up empty.

A girl collapses next to Beth, her body shaking with sobs. Beth recognizes her as one of those "churchy" girls; she hung out with all of those "bible kids", went on there little retreats and went to church on Sundays. Her name is Cassie.

Cassie turns to Beth, her eyes glistening and her chin trembling. "I know what happened."

Beth furrows her brow. "What are you talking about?"

"I know what happened just now, why those people disappeared."

Beth stares in shock, not noticing her jaw drop. "You do? How?"

Cassie drops her eyes, staring at the ground. "My friends told me about it, over and over. I pretended to agree with them, playing my part, being in the club."

"About WHAT?" Beth says, her voice rising.

Cassie pauses and looks into Beth's eyes.

"About the Rapture."
    "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man, and God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out, so that you can stand up under it"~1 Corinthians 10:13

Keep your eyes on the skies, for the Lord is coming!

Part of the RR CHEER SQUAD!

ChristIsKing2008 Guest

Its amazing how many scenarios that you can come up with

"GOODMORNING AMERICA this is Diane Sawyer" "This just in...President Obama has just issued a decree coming via this press release... that due to the loss of the millions of people that have vanished and the thousands of people who have died....that tomorrow will be declared a DAY OF MOURNING! The Decree goes on to state that ...I as the President of the United States hereby recognize in order for there to be any type of closure...that a time needs to be set aside for the nation to truly mourn in harmony....we will have special services televised Live from the Whitehouse, officiated by my friend and mentor Rev Wright as well as representatives of all faiths."

Meanwhile back at Casey's apartment...having not slept for hours Casey stares at the screen as Eric brings her a cup of coffee. "I just can't believe it...I can't believe my parents are dead...I can't EVEN believe they were at a CHURCH" "What were they thinking?" "What were they doing" "ok please just tell me one more time what you saw" Eric sits beside and sets down his own cup of coffee. "Me and the Gang were all down at the square..ya know just chilling and talking about how everything has changed.....when this guy stands up on one of the benches and asks or should I say begged for people to gather around....like we haven't seen that a thousand times down there...but this time it was different ..this guy was different....he was very broken...well anyway...he began to preach and out of the corner of my eye I saw your folks ..they were walking in the park grass and I could tell their curiosity had been pricked and they walked over and listened to that guys message" Casey reacts.."woe ...so you are saying my parents were really into what they guy had to say....that is just so unlike my parents " tears flowing again. "Well ...maybe...but not only did they listen intently but when he asked people to pray...the whole crowd knelt down ...including your folks!!!" "Then what happened?" well I saw that whole crowd follow that preacher and they were heading to the church...but as they were going...they were rushing to people in the alleys and bi ways and begging them to come too....I watched as a huge crowd walked into that church" "I gotta confess...I almost followed them in" Eric bows his head almost in shame "Say what" Casey reacts "For REAL" "WHY?" because I have been preached at..been handed tracts...flipped through the tv and watched preacher's want my money...BUT THIS GUY CASEY...He was so broken...his message so urgent..HE WAS REAL!

Barney could feel the old thoughts of suicide creeping back into his mind. He clasped his bowed head in his hands. Across the small but tastefully decorated living room, Laura could sense the depression again beginning to take hold of her husband of 14 years. As the two sat in the deafening silence, having made contact with many family members, Laura’s thoughts strayed to Barney’s two brothers and their families. Where were Aaron, Barney’s oldest brother, and Sarah, Aaron’s wife, their adult son and their son’s family? Where were Martin and Barbara and their teenage daughter and toddler son? After not being able to rouse any of the families by phone, Barney and Laura surmised their family members were among those who had mysteriously disappeared. What had these families done? What had these families not done? Why should they be missing?

All of the sudden Laura remembered a phone call Barbara had made to Barney in 2007. What had Barbara said? Oh yeah! Laura leans toward Barney and whispers excitedly, “Barney, remember the phone call from Barbara a few years ago? She said if anything happened to her family, all four of them, we were to retrieve something from the house, right? Remember? REMEMBER?” Barney slowly lifts his head as recognition begins to dawn. His hands drop folded into his lap. “Now that you mention it, Barbara did tell me that if something happened to the four of them, we were to go to her house and in her hall closet and retrieve a box. I remember asking her if they were being threatened. She said no, just to come get the box if something should ever happen to all four of them. She was very specific that all four of them would have to be involved before we go get the box.”

Barney and Laura make a hasty retreat from their home and began the across town trek to Martin and Barbara’s home. Barbara had made sure to let Barney and Laura know where she kept the spare key. Barney recalled the brief conversation he’d had with Barbara only the week before. Barney needed to pick something up from Martin and the family had made plans to be away from the house for the majority of the day. Barbara said the garage door opener would be in the Excursion, which Barbara would leave unlocked. Barney had opened the garage door with the remote opener, and walked to the pantry on the far end of the west wall and found the key exactly where Barbara had said it would be. Barney remembered thinking at the time that Barbara was a little on the strange side because when he opened the pantry door, it was jam packed with tons of canned goods and other food. Barney just chalked up the overstocking to Barbara trying to deal with Martin’s lay off by making sure the family would not go hungry.

Now, as Barney and Laura stealthily made their way into the subdivision where Martin and Barbara lived, each was wondering what they would find in the box Barbara had mentioned to Barney. Each was lost in his or her own thoughts as Barney carefully pulled up outside the house. The sun was beginning to set and Barney knew they wouldn’t have much time with the 9:00 curfew having been enacted almost immediately after the disappearances. All three of Martin and Barbara’s cars were parked at the house. It seemed like an almost normal day, except Barney knew the inhabitants were no longer there. He followed the same procedure as before in retrieving the key from the pantry and made his way to the front door. He put the key in the door, and to his surprise, the door wasn’t even locked! “Of course,” Barney thought, “that makes sense. They were home when they disappeared. The door wouldn’t have been locked. They didn’t plan to leave, they were taken.”

Barney motioned for Laura to follow him into the house. Laura exited their Bronco and made her way after Barney into the house. They both spotted the closet at the same time and Barney clumsily opened the door. “Stupid child locks,” he thought to himself. Barney looked on the top shelf and didn’t see a box that immediately jumped out at him as something Barbara had left for him. Laura bent down and began searching below the hanging coats. She found a wire shelf unit and spied three white boxes on the top shelf. As Barney was lost in looking for a box on the top shelf, Laura tapped his knee and said she’d found three boxes. Barney knelt down and helped Laura pull the boxes from the top shelf. Two of them merely said, “Rapture Box.” The other one, however, had Barney and Laura’s names neatly printed on it in Barbara’s handwriting. Barney and Laura settled on the floor with their legs crossed in front of them and pulled open the box. There was a handwritten letter of several pages, which Laura immediately began reading. Barney looked at the other items contained in the box. There were homemade DVDs with 10 different titles. All showed they were end-times related by a pastor named Billy Crone. There was an End Times flow chart, which Barney began to scan. Laura had already burned through the first five or six pages of Barbara’s letter. Barney was so wrapped up in trying to make sense of the End Times flow chart, he hadn’t noticed Laura’s sobbing. He carefully laid the flow chart back into the box and laid his hand on his wife’s knee. “Honey, what’s the matter? Is it bad?” Laura raised her head and looked directly at the man with whom she’d already been through so many of life’s ups and downs. Her eyes pierced right through to Barney’s soul. “She knew,” Laura croaked through her tears. “She KNEW!” she screamed and collapsed into a crying heap, still clutching Barbara’s letter.
    Last edited by HeLivesinMe; December 8th, 2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Formatting
    MARANATHA! Our Lord IS coming!

Quote Originally Posted by SoundingtheAlarm View Post
    Kyle rushes back into his basement and flips on the tv to see the reports of his successful massacre. "god your people are ya know?" "Suckers" but the second those words come out of his mouth ....the picture of THAT man staring at him so boldly and praying pops to his mind.."Father forgive him"....STOP IT KYLE...SHUT THE BLANK UP

even more determined he begins to re-load his weapons and re-stock his black bag..he takes a second and goes over to his computer where numerous coded messages are awaiting...congratulating his efforts!

"they have seen nothing yet" he mutters to himself as he opens up a secret compartment in his basement wall and takes out a special suitcase. "Amazing what money and connections can buy" he continues to mutter ...picking up and dialing his cell "Part two....see you in a few"

Kyle...waiting in an alley for his ride... nervously throws down his cigarette ..his eyes darting in every direction as a black SUV pulls up ...quickly puts all the weapons and his black bag in the back along with the suitcase and then hops up front "unbelievable dude...you pulled it off to perfection" "yep I killed em all...every single one of them" Kyle replied DRIVER: "what stupid sheep they musta been" "did any of em even try and fight back?" KYLE: "didn't have a chance" "I just let it rip"...."dude you are the man!" "and dude get this ..you are so right...ton's of people have gathered at the Coliseum in Oakland" "how did you know" "duh cuz they always have those stupid outreaches there" "we are going to be infamous dude" the driver continues..."the whole world will hear about this" ..Kyle stares out the door as they fly down the interstate..."yeah man ...they will" but racing through's Kyles mind are those haunting words and the construction worker/turned preacher's face...."Father forgive him" begins to haunt louder and louder

If my yet unsaved family happen to miss the Rapture, they may well be used to shepherd the last sheep because I have done my best to witness to them and the house is full of Bibles.
    Jhn 15:4

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

Please pray the Lord will make a way to my daughter's heart where there seems to be no way.

The cars with the "IN CASE OF RAPTURE THIS CAR WILL BE UNMANNED" bumper sticker are sitting in the middle of the road, running and no one inside. Traffic is snarled and people are cursing those Christians who have caused the traffic snarls.

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

Please pray the Lord will make a way to my daughter's heart where there seems to be no way.

Unsaved husband finds his wife's car at work and her purse sitting in the driver seat. He looks through her purse for any clues as to what she has been up to. Maybe she's been having an affair?? He unzips a pocket in her purse and finds a letter. He thinks he was right, he thinks it was a love letter from another man. He begins to read her Left Behind letter.....It was a love letter alright, a love letter to him.

This is New York News at Noon....Field Anchor Jackson reporting..."I can not believe the chaos that we are seeing in the streets...even as the deadline approaches for all guns to be turned in....it's like the wild west here on the streets of New York City.....Literally just moments ago I witnessed a woman shot in the back who was walking with a loaf of bread....SHOT FOR A LOAF OF BREAD" "there is looting taking place all over .... similar reports are coming in all across the city of violent shoot outs taking place all over food and water" SIRENS BLARE in background.....CAMERA FOCUSES in on arrest of gunman who being arrest who just shot the woman for the bread. "Andrea this whole city has gone mad.....I will send it back to you"

In a small missouri town rocked by the recent earthquake...."Dan tries to get his generator running...pulling the cord...it coughs...."Dang thang is flooded" "Dad" ....his 15 year old son calls out..."need some help?" "Nah....it's old but I will get it up and running" ...as Dan give's the generator a minute to clean out....he thinks to himself..."God I miss her something fierce" takes out his wallet and looks at his wife's picture! "honey I really do miss you...I'm so sorry I wasn't a better husband...I'm so sorry I worked all the time..I'm so sorry I took all of my frustrations out on you" "I know ..I know.... you always said you understood" "you always said to "give it God" but NO It was my responsibility...ain't nobody going to do anything for you that you aren't willing to do for yourself" Tears flowing down his cheek..."what's that" I haven't cried in years...I didn't cry when my favorite coon dog died or when I laid my mother to rest" "Oh honey please talk to me...please tell me what to do?" "oh come on Dan...get ahold of yourself..besides...you know what she would say" "get alone...give it to God ....give your whole heart to God"

"Dad...you alright? you crying?...Nah son...the cold air is making my eyes water..that's all" he reaches down and makes a violent tug and the ole generator coughs to life..."ha ha...told ya son" he yells....his son pats his ole dad on the back....."Dad...you think all those books mom read about A rapture were true? do you really think she's with Jesus" "son...I can't say for sure...but if there is one woman who I'd believe who should be with Jesus....it would be your momma" "well dad...where does that leave us?" well now that we are going to have some light...why don't you go round up your ma's bible and let's see what it has to say?".......