Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rapture of the Church

Thumbs up Our Blessed Hope-Rapture

The Bible gives us a clear picture of how this all happens. It will be in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye. The Lord shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. I imagine blinking my eye & that is how fast we will be with Jesus in heaven with our new glorified bodies. I this is the year we go home. I know God has his perfect day when that will happen. He is giving people more time to repent. Come Quickly, Lord Jesus!
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

lol

Ok... so I guess I still have issues from my childhood... I've had one dream about the rapture several years ago... I was with my daughter (she was young, in elementary school, 1st or 2nd grade).... we were outside, the sky was a beautiful bright blue with really white puffy clouds... I look up and see the coulds move in a very sped up fashion like they do with time lapse sometimes. Then I look down at my daughter and say "Erica, its the rapture! Its happening!" She is excited as was I. We started lift slowly off the ground floating up. We got about 6 feet off the ground when I started slowing drifting back down. I was too heavy to go. She kept floating up and I felt really sad. Thats all I remember until later in the dream when I found myself in heaven but I was looking for my other two dd's. They were in heaven's daycare and I was having trouble finding it.

I tell people this dream and they usually start laughing! And its ok... I have really wild dreams anyways so I'm used to it.

I personally want a few seconds or a minute to float up and recognize what is happening. To be able to look around and see others floating up at the same time, the look on their faces of joy and amazement. I want to enjoy the moment like one poster put it.
    "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Dreams reflect our Hope in Christ. I know many who have had Rapture dreams, self included - both vivid and weird.

I tend to think of them as post cards from Heaven: From Jesus, wish you were here....Now. See You Soon.

But imaginations often cloud facts, so we must be careful.

Still the ideas shared of what we think the Rapture process will be like are exciting.

And let's avoid turning this into a dream thread.

so continue with.........I picture it this way.....

Anyone else like the Big White Huey Dustoff...

Paved Paradise, So He gave us a mansion lot....Ooooo La La La
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Well, I would like to have a couple minutes to tell my dad, "I told you so".

But that will probably be the furthest thing from my mind.

I suspect those words will be ringing in quite a few ears.

It's for real folks.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Dreams reflect our Hope in Christ. I know many who have had Rapture dreams, self included - both vivid and weird.

I tend to think of them as post cards from Heaven: From Jesus, wish you were here....Now. See You Soon.

But imaginations often cloud facts, so we must be careful.

Still the ideas shared of what we think the Rapture process will be like are exciting.

And let's avoid turning this into a dream thread.

so continue with.........I picture it this way.....

Anyone else like the Big White Huey Dustoff...

Paved Paradise, So He gave us a mansion lot....Ooooo La La La
    Wow Wally, thanks for the uplift this morning. I just thought others would get a smile out of my dream this morning and I was caught up in stories others told... admonishments like yours tend to cause people not to post.. especially since it was done within only a few minutes of my posting it.
    "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Question rapture dreams

I have had so many dreams about the rapture. In each one, I find myself floating slowly up...It is so lucid...I can actually FEEL the motion of upward movement. In one, I was floating up to a cloud, which I tried to grab hold of. In another, I actually saw the sky part..as if it was a curtain in a theatre. I also have dreams where I cry out.."Abba Father" when I have troubling dreams. It's so weird! I find myself wondering..is this God's way of comforting me? Or is it all just because I am pretty focused on prophecy as it relates to current events.

Sunshine,

Sorry for the offense. It was not indended to be such, and others were starting to allude to dreams before your post.

I have seen the mods close threads for less.
    [07] No Dream threads or threads supporting 'Words of Knowledge', WOF, Angel or Ghost sightings, Rapture dreams or prophetic visions,

My admonishment is not to stifle, but to encourage a better context because I really appreciate the ideas members have about this subject.

Yep, dream threads tend to spiral a bit out of control, hence the rule. Just make sure the thread steers clear of specific dreams, and/or dream interpretation.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Sunshine,

Sorry for the offense. It was not indended to be such, and others were starting to allude to dreams before your post.

I have seen the mods close threads for less.
    [07] No Dream threads or threads supporting 'Words of Knowledge', WOF, Angel or Ghost sightings, Rapture dreams or prophetic visions,

My admonishment is not to stifle, but to encourage a better context because I really appreciate the ideas members have about this subject.
    I understand no dreams if they are used to interpret scripture or prophecy, etc. But mine was posted because it will usually make people laugh and its a funny one. Nothing more was intended except a smile from the reader.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    What a day that will be...first, we will hear the sound of the last trump. Then we will hear that wonderful call "Behold, the Bridegroom cometh"! Those of us who are outside or near windows may well see a flash of bright light and then see the dead in Christ hovering in the air, waiting for the rest of us. A nano-second later, there is another flash of light as we who remain are transformed and quickly rise into the air to join with the believers of the past 2000 years. We will be clothed in white robes which is the righteousness of the saints, our earthy raiment left behind us, empty. Unlike Lots' wife, we will not look back at the earth. We will be looking at our Lord, Savior and Bridegroom and praising Him! He will be as excited to see us as we will be to see Him!

After a brief and joyous reunion with loved ones, friends and friends we have never met face to face, we will instantly be transported in the House of Jesus' Father and our Father. Upon our arrival, there will be the greatest praise and worship service ever conducted as we praise, worship and thank the Lord and Jesus for all the love they've shown to us! The emotion of joy will overwhelm us and we will finally be able to understand the true depth of love that the Father and Jesus have for us, their creation.

THANK YOU LORD JESUS FOR SALVATION!!!
    That was beautiful! I think in my heart this is how I feel it will be

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2777 View Post
    I understand no dreams if they are used to interpret scripture or prophecy, etc. But mine was posted because it will usually make people laugh and its a funny one. Nothing more was intended except a smile from the reader.
    Your dream did make me giggle! I have really enjoyed reading about the dreams others have posted on this thread about the Rapture. I never once felt like anyone was trying to predict how it would be based on their dream.

Just a reminder; many times it's not about the intent of the member who posted the dream, it is where others take it, add to it, and use it as something that it is not intended to be. That's why the rule is in place, so it stops it before it starts (and we would indeed have a LOT more people abusing it as far as adding meaning to their own dreams, as is the case with the many dream posts we mods have to clean up, so best to avoid it altogether, hence the rule).

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

I hope we are aware of what is happening on some level because I am looking forward to the Rapture so much and want to know that it's happening when it happens.
    Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

I have spent quite a bit of time considering this question.

There were two people in the OT raptured who were alive, and then there is Jesus, the first fruits of the resurrection.

The first is Enoch. Someone had to see him taken up and know it was the Lord who took Him and why to record it. (Genesis 5:21-24)

The second person was Elijah in 2 Kings 2. It was also visible and he got to catch a ride on a chariot of fire.

Jesus was seen after His death in His glorfied body and also when He ascended.

I cannot help but wonder (because I am not sure) if when we are changed in the twinkling of an eye if it will not be visible but fast and our meeting in the clouds might be visible as well based on what the Bible has already "typed". It will be cool to find out! My biggest hope for it being visible to others is that those who knew what the Rapture is may repent and believe and become witnesses during the Tribulation (and possibly join us as martyrs).

We know we will be clothed in white robes and like the Lord as He is, so nakedness won't be an issue. The Lord left His burial cloths behind, so there is no reason to think that our earthly clothing would not be left behind. Other than that, I expect there will be a lot of cheering going on!

Either way, I am constantly blown away by trying to think through the Rapture and being with the Lord in person and the idea of eternity. It's too much for me to understand with today's brain! Can't wait to meet all of you there and join you praising, worshipping, and casting our crowns at the feet of the Lord forever!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintTexas View Post
    I have spent quite a bit of time considering this question.

There were two people in the OT raptured who were alive, and then there is Jesus, the first fruits of the resurrection.

The first is Enoch. Someone had to see him taken up and know it was the Lord who took Him and why to record it. (Genesis 5:21-24)

The second person was Elijah in 2 Kings 2. It was also visible and he got to catch a ride on a chariot of fire.

Jesus was seen after His death in His glorfied body and also when He ascended.
    Definitely makes you wonder if these stories are included in the Bible to give us an idea of what the Rapture will be like! Exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaganoosh View Post
    edited to add: i don't see our clothes and etc. going with us. think about this: what if you're sleeping in the buff? will your blankets and sheets go? those are all earthly material things and i'm fairly certain they will be left here.
    There are all kinds of odd questions / wonderings like that when it comes to being Raptured. If you are holding an apple, surely the apple will fall to the ground. What if you just took a bite and are in the process of swallowing it? What if you had eaten an apple an hour before? At what point does it go, and what point does it stay?
    "We have no defenses against space junk, people!" - Take me away!

*Ask me about my testimony!*

JesusIsLord Guest

I've often wondered if at the Rapture, when I first see Jesus face to face for the first time, if I will run up and hug Him, or if I will be so awed by His presence and glory that I will be able to do none other than fall at His feet in unworthiness. I mean, how do you act in front of the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE! The Alpha and the Omega! The one who DIED FOR YOU so that you may live!!!! Do you cry? Do you smile? Do you bow and kiss His feet? I just know that my sins are so many, and that He has forgiven them so freely.....i'd feel too unworthy to face Him. I feel that there is nothing I could do to show my appreciation for all that He has done.

As we read the bible, we see many people who "fall at His feet as though dead". Albeit, this is in our earthly form, so after we have received our glorified bodies, maybe it will be different

Just interesting to think about.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

lovinghisgrace Guest

Default Thank you Steve53

Thanks so much for posting the MercyMe video!!! I tear up every single time I hear this and sing along! I imagine I will fall to my knees and cry like the biggest baby ever when the rapture happens. I will be feeling so unworthy and at the same time have such a feeling of THANKFULLNESS that He still loved me enough to take me with!!!!!! Thanks again. I am chilled right now.
    Last edited by lovinghisgrace; March 2nd, 2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Spelling error