Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You might be an Atheist Fundamentalist if....

yogi3939 Guest

That was good Buzzy One.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi3939 View Post
    That was good Buzzy One.

http://www.buzzardhut.net/Tent/Know.mp3

http://www.buzzardhut.net/Tent/Filled.mp3
    Last edited by Buzzardhut; May 23rd, 2009 at 03:11 AM.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

theophage3 Guest

Very funny!
    I have a lot of friends that are atheists though, and they don't seem to fit with any on this list. Hopefully they're just not fundamentalists.

Personally, I'm agnostic so I can't really be a fundamental anything, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by theophage3 View Post
    Very funny!
    I have a lot of friends that are atheists though, and they don't seem to fit with any on this list. Hopefully they're just not fundamentalists.

Personally, I'm agnostic so I can't really be a fundamental anything, I guess.
    I'm sure they fit somewhere on the list
    print it out and pass it around

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

vaporboy Guest

Default regarding Christianity and how it looks from the outside

It's designed to look stupid to those who choose to not believe:

1cor 1:18"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, ..."

The fundy atheist thing and their attitudes actually only fit what the Creator wrote long ago. Their problem is blindness, not stupidity. I think we should be careful to not be mad at the blind guy who steps on our foot. Or the fundy atheist who shrieks violence and spits in our face.

I clearly remember those weird Christians when I was "working things out." Only after being saved and looking back on that same time span, clearly seeing it as a Loving Creator tugging at an insubordinate child.

VoiceOfModeration Guest

Some of the things you listed does not conflict with being a Christian in general.

1. Evolution and Christianity is fully compatible. Evolution is a scientific understanding, based on observation, on how life become what it is now. It doesn't matter whether God created a us directly from dust or whether God made a universe such that we're the result of natural selection. Science merely say "This is what our model is based on observation. The model is useful. We're going to use it for further inquiry." In short, the validity of evolution does not disprove God.

2. Separation of church and state IS essential. For the protection of both church and state. If the separation no longer exist, there runs a danger of the intermingled church being corrupted. A few example...
    Catholic church - Spanish Inquisition, Crusade
    Islam - ... note problem in middle east.
    Christianity - Salem Witchhunt.
    In essence, once state and church intermingles, there is a strong change the state will use the name of the church to commit atrocities to further their own gain, tarnishing the name of God.

Also in response to theophage3, most atheists are decent and good individuals. They don't believe God due to three main things (as far as I know).
    1. Their perception of Christians being radical and violent group. As a result they reason that either God wants his follower to behave like this, therefore isn't worth believing, or that there's no God.
    2. There's no evidence of God. This is more of a misunderstanding given that belief in God is a faith. And faith, in essence, is a belief without evidence. In my personal view, I believe in a kind and loving God. I understand that there's no observable evidence for God, but I have faith that there's a reason God made it so.
    3. This sort of ties into 1, but a few atheists I know were formerly Christian, but came from some... really intolerant and hostile groups. This counts as a misunderstanding that there will be people why spout hatred in God's name, that doesn't change who God is.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfModeration View Post
    Also in response to theophage3, most atheists are decent and good individuals. They don't believe God due to three main things (as far as I know).
    1. Their perception of Christians being radical and violent group. As a result they reason that either God wants his follower to behave like this, therefore isn't worth believing, or that there's no God.
    God says there is no man who is good, no not one,

Some of the things you listed does not conflict with being a Christian in general.

1. Evolution and Christianity is fully compatible. Evolution is a scientific understanding, based on observation, on how life become what it is now. It doesn't matter whether God created a us directly from dust or whether God made a universe such that we're the result of natural selection. Science merely say "This is what our model is based on observation. The model is useful. We're going to use it for further inquiry." In short, the validity of evolution does not disprove God.
    nope
    they did not observe creation - FAIL
    What God did matters to us and God, not to atheists
    God disproves the validity of hysterical geology

2. Separation of church and state IS essential. For the protection of both church and state. If the separation no longer exist, there runs a danger of the intermingled church being corrupted. A few example...
    In essence, once state and church intermingles, there is a strong change the state will use the name of the church to commit atrocities to further their own gain, tarnishing the name of God.
    What will you do when Jesus returns to earth, creates His Kingdom in Israel and rules this world with His power?

MrMannn Guest

I know the atheist communist states all murdered people of faith and continue to persecute them to this day.

Atheist states have committed atrocities against their own people in a far greater proportion than any other state. The Stalin genocide in the Ukraine killed far more than Hitler was able to do.

Calling Christians violent is simply not true. you might point to a few historical instances, but you can't paint the faith as violent overall.

This sounds like atheist propaganda. Are you an atheist? Are you a Christian?
    What brought you to this board?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMannn View Post
    I know the atheist communist states all murdered people of faith and continue to persecute them to this day.

Atheist states have committed atrocities against their own people in a far greater proportion than any other state. The Stalin genocide in the Ukraine killed far more than Hitler was able to do.

Calling Christians violent is simply not true. you might point to a few historical instances, but you can't paint the faith as violent overall.

This sounds like atheist propaganda. Are you an atheist? Are you a Christian?
    What brought you to this board?
    He got putted on Read only

MrMannn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cherished View Post
    He got putted on Read only
    Oh well. Boring conversation anyway. Luke! we're gonna have company!

Typical propaganda. Read what The Founders wrote on the topic, please. You are not being factual about "Separation" Jefferson used that phrase long after the 1st amendment was written. Jefferson was not even in The U.S. when the 1st amendment was drafted.

Anyone can become conversant on the subject, without the silliness of modern revisionist history.

Simply read these. For that matter look at all the articles about the faith of The Founders. To think they wanted government to be free from the influence of faith is totally untrue, and a deliberate whitewash of history.

http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=123
    http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=113

Quote Originally Posted by yogi3939 View Post
    And now for a much shorter dissertation....

Q - How do you know if you are a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?

A - You lay awake all night wondering if there realy is a Dog.

Surfer Guest

Sometimes the things that I read on this board really make me question the sanity of some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    Sometimes the things that I read on this board really make me question the sanity of some people.
    that's subjective

yogi3939 Guest

That's OK, we get to question the sanity of people who make a first post like that on a new site too. Quid Pro Quo, so to speak.

ATYCLB Guest

Shhh!

They . . . . . . they may hear you . . .

Example? Please do share.

My testimony can be found here, post #227:
    http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=105938&page=12

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." -Jeremiah 33:3

This coming from one who claims the definition of sanity is mocking our creator.

rreighe Guest

lol

You go to an Atheism versus Christianity debate in which you must vote for whoever you think wins. The Christian side is represented by a highly prestigious historian and theologian, and the atheist side is represented by a dog that's able to bark the theme song to "I Dream of Jeannie" off key. You vote for the dog.

EDIT: added this....
    Originally Posted by yogi3939 View Post
    And now for a much shorter dissertation....

Q - How do you know if you are a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?

A - You lay awake all night wondering if there realy is a Dog.
    Last edited by Buzzardhut; October 11th, 2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: offensive language