Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Seventh Day Adventists

Shubee Guest

Default Shubee on SDAs and the Jewish People

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Shelly View Post
    Why are the Seventh Day Adventists so Anti-Semitic?
    I don't believe that the Seventh-day Adventist denomination teaches antisemitism but there certainly are Seventh-day Adventists that don't believe that Israel is entitled to break international law and build settlements in occupied territories. Is teaching that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham an antisemitic doctrine? Is it possible for Israeli occupiers to have faith while brutally oppressing the Palestinians and stealing their land?

Default Romans 11

I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”?[a] 4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”[b] 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace.[c] But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written:

“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
    Eyes that they should not see
    And ears that they should not hear,
    To this very day.”[d]

9 And David says:

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
    A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
    10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
    And bow down their back always.”[e]
    Israel’s Rejection Not Final

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness,[f] if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved,[g] as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
    And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
    27 For this is My covenant with them,
    When I take away their sins.”[h]

28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord?
    Or who has become His counselor?”[i]
    35 “Or who has first given to Him
    And it shall be repaid to him?”[j]

36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Take one and pass it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Shubee View Post
    Is teaching that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham an antisemitic doctrine?
    Depends.

You only mentioned who that doctrine includes. Who does it exclude?
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Israel

I don't believe that the Seventh-day Adventist denomination teaches antisemitism but there certainly are Seventh-day Adventists that don't believe that Israel is entitled to break international law and build settlements in occupied territories. Is teaching that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham an antisemitic doctrine? Is it possible for Israeli occupiers to have faith while brutally oppressing the Palestinians and stealing their land?
    Interesting first post. We often ask newbies to share their testimonies when they introduce themselves to the board. Please do so in this thread. You will notice that you have been moved to Apologetics; it is where people who are not believers or those we are unsure of may post.

Just so you know, we have very little patience for people who post bald-faced lies as you have done. Use your time wisely.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Shubee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    Depends.

You only mentioned who that doctrine includes. Who does it exclude?
    My understanding of SDA doctrine is that only those who are of faith are the descendants of Abraham and that this status is of the heart, in the Spirit. So according to their doctrine, as I understand it, all unbelievers are excluded.

My understanding of SDA doctrine is that only those who are of faith are the descendants of Abraham and that this status is of the heart, in the Spirit. So according to their doctrine, as I understand it, all unbelievers are excluded.
    Unbelievers in what? SDA?
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    We often ask newbies to share their testimonies when they introduce themselves to the board. Please do so in this thread.
    Bump.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

From SDA website adventist.org.....

27. Millennium and the End of Sin:
    The millennium is the thousand-year reign of Christ with His saints in heaven between the first and second resurrections. During this time the wicked dead will be judged; the earth will be utterly desolate, without living human inhabitants, but occupied by Satan and his angels. At its close Christ with His saints and the Holy City will descend from heaven to earth. The unrighteous dead will then be resurrected, and with Satan and his angels will surround the city; but fire from God will consume them and cleanse the earth. The universe will thus be freed of sin and sinners forever. (Rev. 20; 1 Cor. 6:2, 3; Jer. 4:23-26; Rev. 21:1-5; Mal. 4:1; Eze. 28:18, 19.)

Egg white made other scriptual errors. But then we are to trust the Word not the words of men or women.

Revelation 20 New King James Version (NKJV)

20 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

So who are these nations freed from the deception of satan? Certianly not demons. And satan is absent. And 1000 years of nothing? haow does

The same nations that turn from the very presence of Christ in one last battle of pride.
    And 1000 years of nothing? How do these nations survive and reproduce having been whittled down by 7 years of tribulation?

Zechariah 12 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Coming Deliverance of Judah

12 The burden of the word of the Lord against Israel. Thus says the Lord, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: 2 “Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. 3 And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. 4 In that day,” says the Lord, “I will strike every horse with confusion, and its rider with madness; I will open My eyes on the house of Judah, and will strike every horse of the peoples with blindness. 5 And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, ‘The inhabitants of Jerusalem are my strength in the Lord of hosts, their God.’ 6 In that day I will make the governors of Judah like a firepan in the woodpile, and like a fiery torch in the sheaves; they shall devour all the surrounding peoples on the right hand and on the left, but Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place—Jerusalem.

7 “The Lord will save the tents of Judah first, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah. 8 In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the Lord before them. 9 It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Mourning for the Pierced One

10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. 11 In that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning at Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo 12 And the land shall mourn, every family by itself: the family of the house of David by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself, and their wives by themselves; 13 the family of the house of Levi by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of Shimei by itself, and their wives by themselves; 14 all the families that remain, every family by itself, and their wives by themselves.

Its Israel that mourns and sees Christ return. Its Christ who reigns on earth.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Default Too funny

there certainly are Seventh-day Adventists that don't believe that Israel is entitled to break international law and build settlements in occupied territories." Occupied territories etc., etc., etc.?

Is it possible for Israeli occupiers to have faith while brutally oppressing the Palestinians and stealing their land? huh???? Brutally oppressing????? Are you one of the non bible readers that "O" (that is Obama) ridicules and manipulates?

Without looking up the numerous biblical verses that counter your post and reply:- My understanding of SDA doctrine is that only those who are of faith are the descendants of Abraham and that this status is of the heart, in the Spirit. So according to their doctrine, as I understand it, all unbelievers are excluded. (which by the way would also mean the muslims have no right to the land) Israel is occupying the land that God gave them forever as long as the sun and moon give their light. (PS: The sun is shining.... and I am sure tonight the moon will shine as well somewhere...) God brought them back to the land, made them a nation again in one day as he said he would, restored their language, has Israel surrounded by her enemies, is a cup of stumbling to all nations- all as he foretold. Soon he will pour out his spirit on the house of Israel (Ez 39).

You are aware the first churches were Jewish?

Admit it, you threw in your own misconceptions and hatred about Israel- remember Israel is the apple of God's eye and his chosen people.

Shubee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Interesting first post. We often ask newbies to share their testimonies when they introduce themselves to the board. ...
    Just so you know, we have very little patience for people who post bald-faced lies as you have done.
    For starters, I am very curious as to where you get your information. I have seen a large number of mutually independent documentary films on youtube including short pieces profiling Palestinian life under brutal Israeli occupation and all of those videos present an undeniably powerful and consistent testimony. I have yet to see even one documentary that profiles Palestinians in the occupied territories as welcoming Israeli soldiers as liberators or some Palestinians enjoying their open-air prisons or the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) as anything other than extremely cruel, heartless oppressors.

Shubee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    Unbelievers in what? SDA?
    Isn’t there just sufficient faith and insufficient faith and a Scripture that says “whatever is not from faith is sin”?

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

For starters, I am very curious as to where you get your information. I have seen a large number of mutually independent documentary films on youtube including short pieces profiling Palestinian life under brutal Israeli occupation and all of those videos present an undeniably powerful and consistent testimony. I have yet to see even one documentary that profiles Palestinians in the occupied territories as welcoming Israeli soldiers as liberators or some Palestinians enjoying their open-air prisons or the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) as anything other than extremely cruel, heartless oppressors.
    Your "documentaries" notwithstanding as most are nothing more than anti-Israeli propaganda, you err and and err greatly pushing a pro-Pali agenda here at RR. The land belongs to the Israeli's and God says so. Period. End of Discussion.

Time is short. Use yours wisely. Pick another topic.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Isn’t there just sufficient faith and insufficient faith and a Scripture that says “whatever is not from faith is sin”?
    It all hinges in Whom one places their faith. A false christ can't save anyone.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

SDA is an antisemitic works for salvation cult.
    Any group that disagrees with Israel's rights to God's land is of the devil.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Bumping 'cuz an SDA question came up in the Prophecy forum.

He and his entire family were very health conscience. Most are very legalistic, similar to the Jews.

Yes, I once heard an SDA leader scolding church members for bringing meat dishes to a pot luck. They try to force vegetarianism on the congregation.

The weirdest thing the SDA teaches is the "Investigative Judgement" .... a completely fabricated doctrine created after one of their many failed predictions about Christ's return. Jesus, they say, DID return but is secretly "investigating" our deeds and pronouncing us saved or lost based on same.

How ridiculous is that!

I would not try to figure out their beliefs and just stay away from it. I have some very good friends who have recently left Adventism after a lifetime of "religion" within that cult. They understand grace and salvation so clearly now. SDA twist scripture and make a person feel guilty and never truly saved - simply because they cannot live by the law. There is no such thing as grace through Christ. Pastors have been dismissed in seminary for asking questions about grace. It is a cult. Run towards Christ.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

I remember a soda driver who delivered to the SDA academy nearby. For all their health consciousness, the No.1 soda they bought was...... Mountain Dew. One of the highest caffine drinks until Monster hit the shelves.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

SEVENTH DAY ADVENTISM

There has been a strong uptick in Seventh Day Adventism. I'm putting this together as precaution and warning.

For starters I want to show you what they say officially on their website.

http://szu.adventist.org/wp-content/...28_Beliefs.pdf

Pay close attention to #18 and #24

The Scriptures testify that one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and we believe it was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White. Her writings speak with prophetic authority and provide comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction to the church. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Num. 12:6; 2 Chron. 20:20; Amos 3:7; Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10; 22:8, 9.)
    In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry, which was typi ed by the work of the high priest in the most holy place of the earthly sanctuary. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typi ed by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacri ces, but the heavenly things are puri ed with the perfect sacri ce of the blood of Jesus. The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy
to have part in the rst resurrection. It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the com- mandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom. This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent.
    Hopefully you caught that, like many other cults they have their own prophetess. And the 1844 Judgement.

For back story, Martin Luther predicted that Christ would be back no later than 1840. A group of people named The Millerites eagerly awaited the Lords return. So much so that when Christ didn't come back they made an excuse that he would come back in the 1844. This event would become known as the "Great Disappointment. Many people sold their homes and quit work.

Ellen White would later appear on the scene to explain what happened.

"As in typical service there was a work of atonement at the close of the year, so before Christ's work for redemption of men is completed, there is a work of atonement for the removal of sin from the sanctuary.* This is the service which began when the 2,300 days ended (according to Mrs. White this was in the year 1844!* Evidently the nineteenth century was more wonderful than we had imagined!-Ed.).* At that time, as foretold by Daniel the prophet, our high priest entered the most holy to perform the last division, of his solemn work to cleanse the sanctuary . . . in the new covenant the sins of the repentant are by faith placed upon Christ, and transferred, in fact, to the heavenly sanctuary . . . so the actual cleansing to cleanse the sanctuary. . . in the new covenant the sins of moval, or blotting out, of the sins which are there recorded.* But, before this can be accomplished, there must be an examination of the books of record to determine who, through repentance of sin and faith in Christ, are entitled to the benefits of His atonement.* The cleansing of the sanctuary therefore involves a work of investigation–a work of judgment.* Those who followed in the light of the prophetic word saw that, instead of coming to earth at the termination of the 2300 days in 1844 (as Prophet William Miller had so dogmatically and widely proclaimed.—Ed.), Christ then entered in the most holy place of the heavenly, to perform the closing work of atonement preparatory to his coming."
    Needless to say the easiest verse to contradict this is.

“When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.”
    **John‬ *19:30‬ *KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/jhn.19.30.kjv

IS THAT ALL??

Nope. Other sets of false doctrine includes

- We are still bound to the 10 commandments. Generally they say we just love Christ so we want to be like him. But there is a very important reason you don't swallow this pill.

- Michael the Archangel is actually Jesus.

"Moses passed through death, but Michael came down and gave him life before his body had seen corruption. Satan tried to hold the body, claiming it as his; but Michael resurrected Moses and took him to heaven. Satan railed bitterly against God...but Christ did not rebuke His adversary... He meekly referred him to His Father, saying, 'The Lord rebuke thee.'" *Early Writings, p. 164 (emphasis added).
    - Very health conscience since they still obey the commandments. They claim we are not bound by ceremonial laws but they heavily denounce pork eaters.
    Selected Messages, book 2, page 417: "The eating of pork has produced scrofula [a form of tuberculosis], leprosy, and cancerous humors. Pork-eating is still causing the most intense suffering to the human race."
    The biggest issue is they believe that the Mark of the Beast is actually............

"Sun"day worship

“I saw all that ‘would not receive the mark of the Beast, and of his Image, in their foreheads or in their hands,’ could not buy or sell. I saw that the number (666) of the Image Beast was made up; and that it was the beast that changed the Sabbath, and the Image Beast had followed on after, and kept the Pope's, and not God's Sabbath. And all we were required to do, was to give up God's Sabbath, and keep the Pope's and then we should have the mark of the Beast, and of his Image.”
    There's a long history of false claims against the Roman Catholic Church (I'm not a fan at all but lies aren't acceptable either) that would take a long time to go through. But this is at the heart of it.

OTHER BLATANT ERRORS

Other lies from Ellen White include

http://www.bible.ca/7-prophecy-blunders.htm

"Time is almost finished", (E.W.,p. 64).

"Said the angel 'Deny self, ye must step fast.' Some of us have had the time to get the truth and to advance step by step...But now TIME IS ALMOST FINISHED, and what we have been years learning they will have to lean IN A FEW MONTHS" (E.W.,p.67).

"Some are looking too far off for the coming of the Lord. Time has continued a few years longer than they expected therefore they think it may continue a few years more. And in this way their minds have been led from present truth...I saw the time for Jesus to be in the most holy place WAS NEARLY FINISHED and that time can last but very little longer. The sealing time is very short and will soon be over" (E.W.,p.58).

Ellen White is also a huge racist.

"Opportunities are continually presenting themselves in the Southern States, and many wise, Christian colored men will be called to the work. But for several reasons white men must be chosen as leaders."4

The Colored People should not urge that they be placed on an equality with White People."5

"No one is capable of clearly defining the proper position of the colored people."6

"The work of proclaiming the truth for this time is not to be hindered by an effort to adjust the position of the Negro race."7
    4. Ellen White, Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 202.

5. Ellen White, Testimonies Vol. 9, page 214, paragraph 3.

6. Ellen White, Testimonies Vol. 9, page 213 paragraph 4.

7. Ellen White, Testimonies Vol. 9, page 214, paragraph 4.

SO WHY ARE YOU SHARING THIS?

Because, and there's no nice way of saying this, they flat out lie or deny who they really are. They never tell people who they are but will suck people in at conferences or with their chick tracks but they use solid Bible End Times prophecies and at the last second get scared people to believe the Mark of the Beast is Sunday worship.

Walter Veith is a prominent Seventh Day Adventist.

The Bible Flock Box is prominent YouTube channel.

Dale Ratzlaff was a 4th gen SDA til he left. Here is a GREAT video (with a lot of good biblical teaching) on SDA.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    This is the service which began when the 2,300 days ended (according to Mrs. White this was in the year 1844!*
    Historicism'll do that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BorrowedTime View Post
    A group of people named The Millerites eagerly awaited the Lords return. So much so that when Christ didn't come back they made an excuse that he would come back in the 1844.
    The Millerites were Historicists, from what I recall.

The "2,300" were not "years" (as they supposed, if I recall correctly) but "evenings mornings" (Dan 8:14). Back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by acceptedintheBeloved View Post
    Historicism'll do that to you.

The Millerites were Historicists, from what I recall.

The "2,300" were not "years" (as they supposed, if I recall correctly) but "evenings mornings" (Dan 8:14). Back to the drawing board.
    Yes they were!!

And FYI according to the SDA, the 2 witnesses are............

The old and New Testament!!
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.