Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 581

Thread: Seventh Day Adventists

  1. #441
    Robert Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverdiscipleofJesus View Post
    Yes and also demons can believe and know Jesus died for our sins, but it wont do them good. James 2:18-19. "But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do, You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder" You see the importance of both?
    I see you're still pushing salvation by works.

    James is saying here that works are the RESULT of faith. But they are NOT the cause of it. Also, there are works that only the Lord sees. Someone seeing our works is NOT a requirement for salvation.

    "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:8-10, KJV, emphasis mine)

    We do not do good works to be saved, we do them because we are saved.

    And who are they testimony to? If a man by himself does good works, who alone but God sees them?

    God does not need to see them, for he can see the heart.

  2. #442
    EverdiscipleofJesus Guest

    Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I see you're still pushing salvation by works.

    James is saying here that works are the RESULT of faith. But they are NOT the cause of it. Also, there are works that only the Lord sees. Someone seeing our works is NOT a requirement for salvation.

    "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:8-10, KJV, emphasis mine)

    We do not do good works to be saved, we do them because we are saved.

    And who are they testimony to? If a man by himself does good works, who alone but God sees them?

    God does not need to see them, for he can see the heart.
    "I see you're still pushing salvation by works" I would like to know where you are getting that from because I have never said we are saved by works(why are you trying to twist my words to make it sound what you want? accusing me falsely?) in fact I have over and over said that first you have to have faith in Jesus (it is the only way you should be justified unto God and not by your own goodness of works) and the works will confirm that faith and like you said we do deeds because we are saved and not to be save.

    "And who are they testimony to?" Well if you say you are a Christian and deliberately break his Law, that will only show that you are a lier and a hypocrite. By testimony I mean you will not be glorifying God by your example unto others and by "glorifying God" I mean people will not give praise to God that he has the power to deliver someone from the bondage of sin meaning sin having dominance over you.

    "James is saying here that works are the RESULT of faith. But they are NOT the cause of it" yes and thats what I'm saying that your works don't make you have faith, but show what faith you already have.

  3. #443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    But even the unsaved can do works that can fool people.
    Amen! And even deceive themselves!

    Matthew 7:22-23

    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

  4. #444
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The United State of Texas
    Posts
    27,775

    Default

    I will not give up my bacon rat burgers



    Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

  5. #445
    His Bride Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    I will not give up my bacon rat burgers
    It's just the tail that will get you!!!!

  6. #446
    EverdiscipleofJesus Guest

    Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
    Amen! And even deceive themselves!

    Matthew 7:22-23
    Yes Many will think they are doing the will of the Lord and they think that by doing religious work they are saved. Matthew 7:23 "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity " iniquity meaning Lawlessness or without Law.

  7. #447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverdiscipleofJesus View Post
    Yes Many will think they are doing the will of the Lord and they think that by doing religious work they are saved. Matthew 7:23 "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity " iniquity meaning Lawlessness or without Law.
    Interestingly, "iniquity" here is the same word as "unrighteousness" in the following verse:

    2 Corinthians 6:14

    "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

    (Strong's G458)

    Many folks believe that their works (even done "for Christ") are what make them "righteous", and that they have the ability to "keep/obey the law" (the Pharisees, for instance). Jesus said, "apart from Me, ye can do nothing" John 15:5NASB. In fact, God demands perfection... there was only One Who met that qualification. If we are "in Him" (through faith), we are counted as righteous... "that we might be made the righteousness of God IN HIM." 2 Corinthians 5:21

    We must be vitally connected with Him, by virtue of grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ's finished work alone... but in the example shown in Matthew 7:22-23 ("I never knew you"), they were relying on those works (and those listed sure seemed "good"), but which He apparently views as filthy rags...

    apart from Him.



    By the way, I wouldn't fellowship with those who believe such as this (nor recommend it). Be friendly, yes, but true fellowship is not possible.

  8. #448
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the world but not of it
    Posts
    14,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anddra View Post
    True, but we are still waiting on *EverdiscipleofJesus* clarifying their position on the rapture ...

    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1241...50#post1727350
    EverdiscipleofJesus. Please respond to the questions asked in the above thread ...
    Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

  9. #449
    Jesuschangesall Guest

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    SDA is a cult of works
    YEP.I totally agree......

    Quote Originally Posted by watchwoman View Post
    Can anyone here enlighten me about this group? Are they considered a cult, and if so, what are their false teachings? They're currently advertising big time in my city, trying to get people to come to a 4-day conference on Prophecy. A friend has told me she intends to go, but I seem to remember that this group has several false teachings, and that Doug Batchelor is an unBiblical teacher. I'd like to have something more concrete to tell my friend if she needs to beware of this group!
    http://www.macgregorministries.org/s...sda_facts.html


    THIS IS GOOD INFO!
    Last edited by Anddra; March 4th, 2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Merged

  10. #450
    sharpstick Guest

    Default

    So glad to see this thread. There is a SDA co-worker who is a part timer in my office. I've had a couple of discussions with her and walked away confused on her beliefs.

    Now I know why so thank you!

  11. #451
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The United State of Texas
    Posts
    27,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
    So glad to see this thread. There is a SDA co-worker who is a part timer in my office. I've had a couple of discussions with her and walked away confused on her beliefs.

    Now I know why so thank you!
    pretending grace under works is quite confusing



    Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

  12. #452
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Missing Bubba. Loving Elsa Rose...
    Posts
    15,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    I will not give up my bacon rat burgers
    Carry-on.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

  13. #453
    Amber Lynne Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverdiscipleofJesus View Post
    "They seem very rigid and mocking. When they tried to talk me out of eating pork and the rapture I was outta there" Clearly you should go by not someone else says or what you might think is good, but what does the Holy Word of God says.
    Revelation makes the rapture very clear to me. Acts makes pork clear as well.

  14. #454
    Amber Lynne Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    Carry-on.
    I am getting tired of loving you best everyday. Stop being so fabulous and give someone else a chance.

  15. #455
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Missing Bubba. Loving Elsa Rose...
    Posts
    15,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lynne View Post
    Stop being so fabulous and give someone else a chance.
    Nope. Sorry.

    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

  16. #456
    Amber Lynne Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    Nope. Sorry.


  17. #457
    EverdiscipleofJesus Guest

    Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    pretending grace under works is quite confusing
    "pretending grace under works is quite confusing" Well is seems that everyone here seems to accuse you of preaching salvation by works if you talk about good deeds (of what the Bible speaks a lot about) even if you run off your fingers typing again and again that justification is only through faith in Jesus, you cannot talk about obedience and Ten commandments keeping as love for Jesus (by the way John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments") because you are automatically categorize and falsely label as salvation by works when clearly it isn't that way ("pretending grace under works" what????????????????????) I pray God for all ye guidance, and understanding in Jesus name. Amen.

  18. #458
    Robert Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverdiscipleofJesus View Post
    "pretending grace under works is quite confusing" Well is seems that everyone here seems to accuse you of preaching salvation by works if you talk about good deeds (of what the Bible speaks a lot about) even if you run off your fingers typing again and again that justification is only through faith in Jesus, you cannot talk about obedience and Ten commandments keeping as love for Jesus (by the way John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments") because you are automatically categorize and falsely label as salvation by works when clearly it isn't that way ("pretending grace under works" what????????????????????) I pray God for all ye guidance, and understanding in Jesus name. Amen.

    "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. " (Romans 6:14-15, KJV)

    And you seem to be so focused on works that nothing else matters. Jesus satisfied the law when he died on the cross, and Paul repeatedly tells us that we are no longer under the law. And scripture does not contradict itself, so there must be some harmony with what both Paul and Jesus said, seeing as Paul's message came from Jesus.

    In James' admonition to christians, he wasn't telling them that faith maintains their works; he was telling them that they couldn't sit on their cans and do nothing. We do works because we love God, not to stay saved or to have "proof" of our salvation. In fact, to God we don't need to prove it; he knows our hearts already, and we serve him out of love, not necessity. As for Christ's statement, he was giving christians a guide to know those that were true from those that were not. If this were not so, then the thief on the cross would not have been saved because he had no works, only his words.

    And those were enough for Christ.

  19. #459
    EverdiscipleofJesus Guest

    Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. " (Romans 6:14-15, KJV)

    And you seem to be so focused on works that nothing else matters. Jesus satisfied the law when he died on the cross, and Paul repeatedly tells us that we are no longer under the law. And scripture does not contradict itself, so there must be some harmony with what both Paul and Jesus said, seeing as Paul's message came from Jesus.

    In James' admonition to christians, he wasn't telling them that faith maintains their works; he was telling them that they couldn't sit on their cans and do nothing. We do works because we love God, not to stay saved or to have "proof" of our salvation. In fact, to God we don't need to prove it; he knows our hearts already, and we serve him out of love, not necessity. As for Christ's statement, he was giving christians a guide to know those that were true from those that were not. If this were not so, then the thief on the cross would not have been saved because he had no works, only his words.

    And those were enough for Christ.

    Jesus satisfied the law when he died on the cross, and Paul repeatedly tells us that we are no longer under the law
    What do you mean by that? Are you saying we don't need to keep the Ten Commandments?

  20. #460
    His Bride Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverdiscipleofJesus View Post
    What do you mean by that? Are you saying we don't need to keep the Ten Commandments?
    Do you keep all of God's commands perfectly, EverdiscipleofJesus?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •