Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 484

Thread: Analog to digital switch for TV

  1. #301
    EndIsNear Guest

    Default

    Talk about immature...

  2. #302
    Grayling Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie Eleison View Post
    Democrats have the majority. So, what's the problem? Why haven't they passed this overblown disaster of a spending fiasco? He's trying to divert attention away from the fact that DEMOCRATS are saying no, no, no.
    All the dems have to do is pick off a couple of those northeastern rino's, collins and specter.

  3. #303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    All the dems have to do is pick off a couple of those northeastern rino's, collins and specter.
    Well then...why haven't they done it? Too many moderate Dems saying no?
    Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6 NIV)

  4. #304
    Sari Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    Yes, because he doesn't want to be left holding the bag for this disaster.

    Obama is irresponsible.

    He doesn't need a single GOP vote to pass this.

    Even "moderate" Democrats are alarmed at this obscene, mindless, spending.


    Obama wants cover.


    I agree with you.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Anyone else think that all this sounds WAAAY too much like the book "1984"? When your TV could talk back to you and tell you what to do?


  6. #306
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NM Sandpile
    Posts
    2,834

    Default

    He was not ready to be president. But now he's there he's making a lot of mistakes that a more experienced man wouldn't have made.
    "About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the Prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamor and opposition."

    Sir Issac Newton 1642-1727


  7. #307
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Well, THAT didn't take long, did it? 3 weeks must be a new record. Obama is inexperienced in the extreme and as a result, doesn't understand leadership or how to exercise it effectively. Letting Nancy and Harry run your show is not a good way to be president.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Posts
    14,385

    Default

    He probably wasn't any better as a community organizer...
    Tall Timbers

  9. #309
    Miviasc Guest

    Default

    I was floored by Mr.Obama's words/tone last night. He is trying to place the blame on everyone except himself. Did you hear him when he said that he came into office with this big bow wrapped around this mess? Well guess what Mr. President? You may want to blame Mr. Bush on the mess but you need to look to your democratic leaders Pelosi, Reid and Frank too. I'm sorry and people may not agree with me but many many people are responsible for this mess that we are in from Joe Blow on Mainstreet to our democratic and republican leaders in Washington. All that aside we need to get over it. I think the blame game is hindering us from moving forward. Mr. Obama knew what he was getting into when he ran for office. He needs to accept that he is the leader, start acting like a leader and move forward and speak and act like the president of the United States.

  10. #310
    Biblenuggetlady Guest

    Default

    When Obama finally spoke, he called Pelosi “a rock” and “the great speaker of the House.” ....."the Speaker is the greatest, she delivers on all she promises".
    That woman is a rock alright, about as bright as a Pet Rock. She is an embarrassment.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,778

    Default

    Here's an idea. When my husband and I find ourselves in a financial crunch, for whatever reasons, we don't try to spend our way out of it. We look at our spending and we start prioritizing. We believe we need to continue tithing, we have to pay our debts and we need food and other things. We don't need to eat dinner out, I can get by without that new pair of shoes, we can entertain ourselves without going to the movies or spending a lot of cash elsewhere. In short, we give back to the Lord, pay our bills and do without some luxuries and nonessentials. My guess is that y'all do the same. So, if we can do that, why shouldn't we expect those who were elected to represent us to do the same with our tax money?


    Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

    A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

    Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

  12. #312
    4EverHis Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadeeyes View Post
    Here's an idea. When my husband and I find ourselves in a financial crunch, for whatever reasons, we don't try to spend our way out of it. We look at our spending and we start prioritizing. We believe we need to continue tithing, we have to pay our debts and we need food and other things. We don't need to eat dinner out, I can get by without that new pair of shoes, we can entertain ourselves without going to the movies or spending a lot of cash elsewhere. In short, we give back to the Lord, pay our bills and do without some luxuries and nonessentials. My guess is that y'all do the same. So, if we can do that, why shouldn't we expect those who were elected to represent us to do the same with our tax money?
    Exactly jadee!

  13. #313
    4EverHis Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biblenuggetlady View Post
    That woman is a rock alright, about as bright as a Pet Rock. She is an embarrassment.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    5,753

    Default

    “I found this national debt, doubled, wrapped in a big bow waiting for me as I stepped into the Oval Office.”
    Yeah, now he's going to double it again, wrap it up with a big bow of socialism, and give it back, calling it, "Change"

    Believe in that.

  15. #315
    4EverHis Guest

    Default

    Something I noticed during his eternal campaign , was that after all his "hope" etc. talk, he would say to the audience "but I cant do it without you" , or "how well it goes depends on you". This is so slick, and disgusting! In other words, he leaves himself an out, but coming back and saying "you didn’t help me enough" it would be "our fault". Sound familiar? Jimmeh said the same nonsense! And all this rhetoric about "he’s in touch with the people". He could care less what the "people" think, and we know how he feels about folks with "guns and Bibles" dont we! He is a deceptive elitists! , that hasn’t got a clue what to do, or how to behave like a "real" President!

  16. #316
    4EverHis Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherished View Post
    Yeah, now he's going to double it again, wrap it up with a big bow of socialism, and give it back, calling it, "Change"
    Believe in that.
    and he seems to have selective amnesia to the actions or inactions, his Dem Congress has done in the last two years!

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Posts
    3,671

    Default

    Oh.....I long for Jesus to return and make things right....but I can't imagine the sorrow He will feel when others can't come and have to stay behind.....Imagine that you had to do this to one of your kids....


    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

  18. #318
    scapegoat Guest

    Default

    Hey guys...better get in line behind Comrade Obama. The debate is over....because there is no point debating The One. Besides, any dissent or questioning is divisive and......racist. Or worse.

    Shape up.....or the Civilian National Security Force might pay you a visit in the middle of the night.... Don't say I didn't warn you....

  19. #319
    Sari Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scapegoat View Post
    Hey guys...better get in line behind Comrade Obama. The debate is over....because there is no point debating The One. Besides, any dissent or questioning is divisive and......racist. Or worse.

    Shape up.....or the Civilian National Security Force might pay you a visit in the middle of the night.... Don't say I didn't warn you....


    I beleive you are right I also beleive that this stimilus pkge will be pass, not that I want it to.

  20. #320
    Macklynn Guest

    Default

    I have a feeling that Obama will fix it all. - then the world will be falling at his feet.

    We haven't seen anything yet imo......the unscripted Obama is a gambler & thinks BIG. Time will tell.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •