Thread: Two Mothers

lol Two Mothers

Two Middle East mothers are sitting in a cafe chatting over a plate of tabouli and a pint of goat's milk. The older of the mothers pulls a bag out of her purse and starts flipping through photos...and they start reminiscing.

"This is my oldest son Mohammed said the first woman. He would be 24 years old now."

"Yes, I remember him as a baby," says the other mother cheerfully.

"He's a martyr now though," mum confides.

"Oh, so sad dear," says the other.

And this is my second son Kalid. He would be 21."

"Oh, I remember him," says the other happily, "he had such curly hair when he was born."

"He's a martyr too." says mum quietly.

"Oh, gracious me." says the other.

"And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed.
    He would be 18," she whispers.

"Yes" says the friend enthusiastically, "I remember when he first started school."

"He's a martyr also," says mum, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at the photographs and says...

"They blow up so fast, don't they?"
    When He was on the cross, You were on His mind.

Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up.

millky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blissfully Blessed View Post
    Two Middle East mothers are sitting in a cafe chatting over a plate of tabouli and a pint of goat's milk. The older of the mothers pulls a bag out of her purse and starts flipping through photos...and they start reminiscing.

"This is my oldest son Mohammed said the first woman. He would be 24 years old now."

"Yes, I remember him as a baby," says the other mother cheerfully.

"He's a martyr now though," mum confides.

"Oh, so sad dear," says the other.

And this is my second son Kalid. He would be 21."

"Oh, I remember him," says the other happily, "he had such curly hair when he was born."

"He's a martyr too." says mum quietly.

"Oh, gracious me." says the other.

"And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed.
    He would be 18," she whispers.

"Yes" says the friend enthusiastically, "I remember when he first started school."

"He's a martyr also," says mum, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at the photographs and says...

"They blow up so fast, don't they?"

maybe it's just me. But that's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by millky View Post

maybe it's just me. But that's not funny.
    Oh my goodness, I thought it was hilarious! It's not to be taken seriously, by any means.

Maybe humor is different in various parts of the country?

Anyway, it just cracked me up how it started with the mothers sitting in a cafe chatting over a plate of tabouli and a pint of goat's milk. Then it goes on about them reminiscing over the photos. It procedes to go on about how their children are martyrs. It's the punch line that creeps up on you and makes it so funny.

I thought it was so well written and soooo funny! I laughed till I cried. It really struck my funny bone!
    When He was on the cross, You were on His mind.

Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up.

millky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blissfully Blessed View Post
    Oh my goodness, I thought it was hilarious! It's not to be taken seriously, by any means.

Maybe humor is different in various parts of the country?

Anyway, it just cracked me up how it started with the mothers sitting in a cafe chatting over a plate of tabouli and a pint of goat's milk. Then it goes on about them reminiscing over the photos. It procedes to go on about how their children are martyrs. It's the punch line that creeps up on you and makes it so funny.

I thought it was so well written and soooo funny! I laughed till I cried. It really struck my funny bone!
    I can see how people would find it amusing. My first reaction was that it was a bit tasteless but that's just me I guess.

sorry for kind of putting a dampener on your thread. laugh away

Stucky Guest

I understand how the Aussie feels, we all look at things differently. I thought it was hilarious because it wasn't true, but I also shook my head at it.

By the way, I guarantee the Muslims (and I don't care what others think about this, they are ALL monsters deep in their hearts) are making worse jokes about Christians.

Islam is a terrible religion. A moderate Muslim is just a Muslim that would rather we died from poisoning than beheading.