Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaccines & Autism?

4evrHis Guest

Cry Vaccines & Autism?

I feel really bad. My brother & SIL just had a baby on Thursday & it was very special b/c not only was it their 4th anniversary, but also that years ago doctors told her she'd never be able to have a child.

Anyways last night me , my mom & my SIL's mom were visiting her at the hospital, and my mom noticed that there was a little rash on the baby's cheek. And my SIL mentioned that she got a Hepatitis B vaccine earlier. Then I mentioned "oh that may be a side effect. You know a lot of people don't want their kids to have vaccines b/c they think it causes autism, but I don't know if that's what is causing it". Then she started to cry & started blaming herself for signing off on the vaccine. I didn't mean to make her feel bad But now I fear that what I said will scare her into not getting any more vaccinations for the baby.

Any mothers out there decide for or against vaccinating your child?

My grandchildren were fine normal healthy babies until they got their shots, now they both have autism. It is like a switch was flipped, one day normal the next day gone. If she is going to let him have the shots have her insist that they be spread out, not bunched up so he will have time to assimilate them in his little body.

4evrHis Guest

Aww that's terrible I really don't know what to tell her now. I don't know much about vaccinations, but I know when I was younger I had to have alot of them before I could start kindergarten. I don't know why they gave her a vaccine so soon because she was barely 3 days old when she got it!! But I think you're right about spreading them out over time.Hopefully my SIL will do that

heart_changed99 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by caligal View Post
    My grandchildren were fine normal healthy babies until they got their shots, now they both have autism. It is like a switch was flipped, one day normal the next day gone. If she is going to let him have the shots have her insist that they be spread out, not bunched up so he will have time to assimilate them in his little body.

Wow, that's awful! I want to be against these vaccines, but I have uninformed people in my family who will argue with me until the cows come home. I've always been a little weary of these things.

All my kids have all their vaccinations now, but when they were babies, I didn't follow the suggested vaccination schedule. For some shots I waited until they grew some.
    Tall Timbers

Nope, no vaccinations for my children. They are 3 & 4 and have never had more than the sniffles their entire life. I cover them with pray, rebuke the enemy and stand on God's promises. And He has been faithful.

Based on my research, vaccinations do more harm than good.

I think everyone should decide based on their own personal research and convictions. If a mom chooses to vaccinate, it's her decision. I however, cannot, in good conscience, subject my children to this poison.

KitsapGirl Guest

[QUOTE=caligal;1155812]My grandchildren were fine normal healthy babies until they got their shots, now they both have autism. It is like a switch was flipped, one day normal the next day gone. If she is going to let him have the shots have her insist that they be spread out, not bunched up so he will have time to assimilate them in his little body.[/QUOTE]

This is wise advise!

Vaccines are ment to boost the immune system by letting the immune system lear to combat the illness indicated. By lumping them together...you're forcing the immune system to learn too many new invaders at the same time...thus taxing the system, leaving it possibly vulnerable. It used to be that physicians wouldn't give a vaccine to an ill patient for this reason...

ephraim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by caligal View Post
    I have a question for you Cali. You seem like you know and I want to ask someone who actually has had this happen to them. I know it is easy for people that have never been in your shoes to sit back and say the shots are safe. We adopted two boys out of the foster system in Arizona. They have both had their first round of shots, but not their second. I am not sure how that works?? About 3 months ago we were at the Dr. and she said that our oldest boy needed the shots to enter Kindergarten. I immediately showed some signs of hesitation and the Dr. was very aggresive in trying to talk me into it, almost to the point where it was uncomfortable. Of course, that made me more leary and I said I wanted some time to research, which we have taken. The day before I was in the Drs office for the oldest I read an article on the guy who was responsible for the creation of MMR and many other vaccines and how disliked he was from parents across the country who swear the shots gave their children autism. I guess this guy is not well liked as you can imagine and many parents feel he is to blame. Of course, he is a millionaire many times over and they state that he has a personal interest in saying the shots do no damage. There is alot of money involved here folks and that alone makes me ask the question, if there was a problem would the big companies and the powers that be admit the connection? To be honest I am not sure and I am not judging this guy in the article, but the next day when the time arrived for the shots I did not feel well about doing it right then.

As we have studied this over the months we have weighed it out and decided to wait as long as we can. Our oldest just turned five and we are going to wait until the end of May, then do the shots spread out over time with the MMR divided up as to not shock him. If the Dr. has a problem with that we plan on asking for a new Doctor and stretching them out as much as we can.

My question to you is what age do you think they are most vulnerable and do you think age is the major factor? I have heard that it happens before 4 and after that the chances become less.

I know this is a tough issue and there is no solid proof linking the shots, but it certainly does have alot of controversy surrounding it.

On the other side of the coin people say that slowly if children do not get their shots then these diseases might make an entrance back in and if your kid gets something it could be fatal. I am not sure I buy the whole, well vaccinations are not needed any more. Yea, until the disease comes back into the mainstream then it is needed. I am not doubting the Lords power at all, but sometimes the Lord works through medicines and healing agents. Obviously it would be ignorant if we were to throw antibiotics and all medical advancements out the window stating they are not good.

We are leaning towards the shots, but with a controlled schedule around 5 1/2 for the second round.

BTW, I am a Father and I know this is the ladies forum. I hope you all do not mind me asking this question here.

GodIsAwesome Guest

I thought that the link between vaccines and autism was false. I thought it all started when people with autistic children noticed that autism and mercury poisoning have similiar symptons, and since they used to use mercury in vaccines, people thought there was a link. But now they don't even use mercury anymore, but people still think there is a connection. I know that there have been many studies on this, and that none of them show a link. I think the only evidence is anectdotal and from lay persons who arn't able to make medical judgements like that. Not giving your kids vaccines is a terrible mistake and I pray that everyone gives their children vaccines. They can prevent diseases that once you get them its too late, and they've never been shown to cause autism.

I have a child with autism......please read the following articles.

http://www.nhne.org/news/NewsArticle...ed-Autism.aspx

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=32988

ephraim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cindybobindy View Post
    That is very interesting. This is a tough dillema.

4evrHis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cindybobindy View Post
    I'll show them to my SIL soon. I agree with Tall Timbers about waiting until they are older to get them.I was asking my mom about my vaccinations & she said she waited until I was six months old to get my 1st vaccine. However the vaccine my niece just got (hep. B) I never got when I was a child & now that I'm going into the healthcare field, my employer is requesting I get it done. I'm just going to have to for my brother & SIL b/c I know that the decision on whether to vaccinate or not must be very difficult to make.

As far as I know, it is NOT illegal to not give shots. Doctors and schools will tell you it's mandatory for a child to be fully vaccinated before entering kindergarten... most of the time this is not true. In Michigan you can sign a waiver for various reasons why you decided not to vaccinate (i.e., religious reasons - that being aborted fetal tissue used to create the vaccine - this is true by the way) and they will allow your child to attend public school.

Just DO YOUR RESEARCH.

All of my children are vaccinated. I prayed, studied and prayed some more. Discussions like this can get VERY heated. Bottom line, it's the parent's decision. But again - study up, know the risks, know the side affects. That's my opinion! :-)

4EverHis, don't beat yourself up too bad. Next time you see your SIL, just tell you feel bad about what you said. I know I've said things like this to friends and family and it happens! It's okay! Maybe by what you said it will prompt her to do her homework on vaccines. Maybe if you hadn't said that, she wouldn't think to do so. I feel it's super important for all parents to be informed no matter what! :-)

My testimony can be found here, post #227:
    http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=105938&page=12

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." -Jeremiah 33:3

No one has successfully proven a link between autism and vaccination. 80% of autism cases can be linked to genetic defects. (IMHO, the other 20% are genetic as well, they just haven't found the genes yet.)

The one British doctor that tried to link vaccines and autism was exposed as a fraud.

When the first group of people tried to propose a link between vaccines and autism, they blamed the mercury preservative, thimerosal. Thimerosal was removed from vaccines and autism rates did not decline, they increased. Now, the vaccine opponents are blaming aluminum, MMR particles and/or "immune stress" for causing autism.

Autism is a spectral disorder, much like the word "cancer" covers a variety of illnesses. Autistics vary in symptoms, genetic defects, overall prognosis, diagnosis and general quality of life. The general theory now is that it is not one defective gene, but a combination of genes that determines outcomes, symptoms, etc. In some children, immune system challenge (infection or vaccination) trigger symptoms and this is where parents and others have tried to propose a link between the two. In other children, emotional stress, food sensitivities can do the same thing.

antsinmypants Guest

It is not illegal to not be vaccinated, and not vaccinate your children.
    Far as I know, MMR was not linked to autism, but DTaP was... and firmly. Thimerasol has not been removed, but the amounts in the vaccines modified. I keep researching and the vaccines offered here in Germany, supplied both by the US and German firms still have it but in "minute amounts".

I've done the research and for many reasons, there are vaccines we would not consider (rubella being one), due to the inhumane ways that they were developed... even if we were vaccinating.

There has been findings that children who have intestinal disorders (and they have not disclosed exactly which ones) do not react the same to vaccines as those with a healthy gut. With a history of celiac disease in the family, reactions to vaccines and autism spectrum - we are not vaccinating and I get to tell our pediatrician in about 2 weeks this fact, before we go to the US for 3 months. They will not be pleased and we will have to sign waivers, but it is not debatable in our family.

My father has gulf war syndrome, and I have two cousins and a brother (and a DH who is in denial) who are all spectrum. I remember having reactions to vaccines as well, and for me it's not worth it.

The Japanese did find a link to Austism and SIDs in the 70s with DTaP. They have since moved the scheduling for this vaccine to age 2 and had very little issues, except with some children for many unexplained reasons, that now are showing signs of issues such as celiac, chron's, and other intestinal disorders. It is not known if that was the case before the vaccines, or after.

I'd been reading up on the schedules people such as Dr Sears reccommend, and even that doesn't seem proactive enough for us. We might later on slowly begin vaccination, if the pediatric offices will allow us to split vaccines. So far, every single time we have asked, they have said no... they cannot or will not. The only thing our son has had is the vitamin K, which I really did not want him to have... I had one pediatrician go over my head and do it without even asking me, and I was very upset... we do not see her anymore after another incident we had with her, which was very unprofessional.

I'm not saying not to get the kids their shots. I'm saying wait until they are a little older and arrange to have them spread out to give their bodies time to assimilate them. My grandbabies were normal until their shots and then they were gone. Since they started giving the shots the way they do it now they have more autisim then ever before, with kids who were fine before they got the shots.

ephraim Guest

My thoughts. I am facing getting these shots very soon for our 5 year old, then shortly after for our 4 year old. They have had some shots already, but not completed.

We are going to get the shots because the thought of not doing it is scary. Many of these diseases have become obselete because of vaccinations and if you talk to people that have lived through some of them it is scary. Mumps, Polio ect... is very scary.

The vaccinations are not mandetory and you can get waivers from your school. If there is an outbreak you must keep your kids out of school or get them out as soon as possible or they might be infected.

On a personal note I think that there probably is some sort of link between the shots and autism in certain children. Perhaps they are right on the edge of vulnerability to autism and something in the shot pushes them over the edge. I will also add that I do not trust some of the powers that be to ensure the health of children when billions of dollars are at stake. Proving this link would shake the foundations of the vaccination world and many of the doctors and the system that depends on this would lose out on billions, not to mention it would halt vaccinations as a whole. So my trust in the "system" that applies checks and balances to this situation is not that great.

Even if there was a mild link you have to wonder if they would be that excited to present it to the public with the alternative being the diseases coming back and perhaps death.

Parents should continue to do their own research and question everything. If your kid is harmed by a shot your family will pay the price, no one else.

We are going to get the shots, but I would not blame anyone for not doing it based on the information that is floating around. There does seem to be an awful lot of smoke around this to suggest there is no fire at all.

SoooReady Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GodIsAwesome View Post
    I thought that the link between vaccines and autism was false. I thought it all started when people with autistic children noticed that autism and mercury poisoning have similiar symptons, and since they used to use mercury in vaccines, people thought there was a link. But now they don't even use mercury anymore, but people still think there is a connection. I know that there have been many studies on this, and that none of them show a link. I think the only evidence is anectdotal and from lay persons who arn't able to make medical judgements like that. Not giving your kids vaccines is a terrible mistake and I pray that everyone gives their children vaccines. They can prevent diseases that once you get them its too late, and they've never been shown to cause autism.
    Yes, this is true. I even heard recently that the first study to claim a link between autism and vaccines included FALSIFIED data. It is much riskier NOT to vaccinate. The reason so many people think there's a link is that the time you give vaccines just happens to be the time when most autism starts being noticed.

I was told by the health department the other day that my daughter would have to have the chicken pox vaccine prior to her entering school. When I told them I was going to expose her instead of getting the vaccine, they looked at me like I had three eyes.

I am now seriously considering not continuing vaccinations for her or for my 12-year old son (who is supposed to get the Hep B vaccine prior to entering seventh grade...since that's given in a six-month period, I can't see that happening), so I looked up the requirements for Tennessee. I found this part interesting...

Each child attending any school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility without furnishing proof of immunization or exception under subsection (b) and/or (e), shall not be counted in the average daily attendance of students for the distribution of state school funds.
    So...it's all about the money.

KitsapGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tlroffice View Post
    I was told by the health department the other day that my daughter would have to have the chicken pox vaccine prior to her entering school. When I told them I was going to expose her instead of getting the vaccine, they looked at me like I had three eyes.

I am now seriously considering not continuing vaccinations for her or for my 12-year old son (who is supposed to get the Hep B vaccine prior to entering seventh grade...since that's given in a six-month period, I can't see that happening), so I looked up the requirements for Tennessee. I found this part interesting...

So...it's all about the money.
    There is a waiver that you can sign to make your kids exempt from the required vaccines at your schools...they must provide this because of some religious beliefs that make it a sin to vaccinate...anyway the only down side (if you can call it that) is that if there is an outbreak of any vaccinated diseases...your child must go home & stay there. Not a problem IMHO. If there is an outbreak of Hepititis, I don't think I want my kids there anyway.