Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: The Biblical Argument for the Rebuilding of Babylon *Merged*

Cities can be built very quickly nowadays, especially if the resources to do so are great.

All in God's perfect timing.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Default Restoring Babylon

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Cities can be built very quickly nowadays, especially if the resources to do so are great.

All in God's perfect timing.
    http://wwlp.com/2015/06/25/restoring...-former-glory/

I believe this has been an ongoing project for years, as events are permitted by God. Our troops in and around this area over the years have seen some of this taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2777 View Post
    Yesterday I caught one of the end times personalities ( I dont know if it was Markel or someone else) on the radio but they were interviewing Mark Hitchcock about the book of Revelation. She asked him about all the references to Babylon and what Babylon actually is in the book of Revelation. He admitted that its a pretty gray area as to what "Babylon" as used in this book was referring to. I've heard alot of theories myself. But he thinks it is a literal city built back up in Iraq. I got discouraged because it would take some time to turn Iraq back around and then build up a city so successful that men stand on their shores and cry when they see her destruction. To me..this just delays the rapture and Jesus return for a VERY long time. I wish I hadn't heard this.

I know no one knows the day or hour but all the signs point to "soon" and "anytime" etc. And then this. Iraq is a mess, they do have oil but so do other places. So to think that he thinks that a literal city is built up in such a way that is described by John in Revelations, is very discouraging. I hope this makes sense.What are ya'lls thoughts?
    I heard the same show, but it didn't discourage me. Today I heard someone teaching the "imminent return of Christ", she was saying that she is going to make a lot of people upset because she is saying this, but the rapture is an imminent event. She said that it has always been imminent, that the New Testament is full of the expected imminent return of Christ. That Paul thought he would be alive when Christ returns. And that the early church used to say 'maranatha' to each other, which means something like 'let the Lord come".

I found this so encouraging, I forgot about the word maranatha! I wish we still used it.

Maranatha!
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I found this so encouraging, I forgot about the word maranatha! I wish we still used it.

Maranatha!
    We here are users!

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

My husband was stationed in Basra Iraq at the U.S. consulate. He described how quickly they built this place out of nothing. They used shipping pods stacked on top of each other to house hundreds of workers.

I don't think it'll take much to build up "Babylon".

I get excited just thinking about it all! Not to mention all the action going on near Damascus.

Default Babylon

Is it possible to keep in mind that during the time the prophets mentioned this in the old testament we must look at that Babylon isn't just a city, but a Kingdom that stretches over a region (during the times the prophets made this statement)? The old Babylonian empire stretched over to parts of Syria, Turkey, Iran, Israel, Jordan and Iraq (perhaps more). So maybe we're putting to much emphasis on a particular city than the land that the actual empire stretched to and over. Therefore, certain parts of the region today could and are being rebuilt as we speak.