Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Animals in Heaven???

jellodirt Guest

Default Animals in Heaven???

I got an email today about two churches fighting via their signs about whether or not dogs would be in heaven. IMO I believe there will be animals in Heaven but just out of curiosity is there anyone that does not believe this and are there any scriptures that support that belief?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (21.5 KB, 38 views)

This has been discussed on several occasions.

Try reading this thread:

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?...hlight=animals

P.S. I agree with that picture you posted. There is nothing in scripture to support animals in the rapture; however, there is evidence in scripture of animals in heaven. It's an open debate. There are a lot of animal lovers here on RR.

Quote Originally Posted by jellodirt View Post
    I got an email today about two churches fighting via their signs about whether or not dogs would be in heaven. IMO I believe there will be animals in Heaven but just out of curiosity is there anyone that does not believe this and are there any scriptures that support that belief?

Well, in the Second Coming, Jesus and the armies from out of Heaven come down riding on white horses:

Rev 19:11-14
    11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

I don't see in Scripture where God is partial to just horses, so it seems to me that Heaven will have animals too. Me, I want to see the dinosaurs (hey, they were animals, too!)

Yeshuaiscomingback Guest

lol

Quote Originally Posted by sirgak View Post
    Well, in the Second Coming, Jesus and the armies from out of Heaven come down riding on white horses:

Rev 19:11-14
    11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

I don't see in Scripture where God is partial to just horses, so it seems to me that Heaven will have animals too. Me, I want to see the dinosaurs (hey, they were animals, too!)

Rom831 Guest

Scripture is not specific on what happens to animals when they die. A couple years ago I was speaking to a lady who said she did not believe in God because she was told animals didn't go to heaven and she didn't accept a god that wouldn't let her seven cats be with her there. I had to admit that I didn’t know any scripture that specified what the fate of animals were and had to go back to God’s Word to find out.

During the creation account it says that God breathed the breath of life into man (Genesis 2:7), yet it doesn't say this about animals. But it does say this:

Genesis 6:17
    "Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish.

Genesis 7:15
    So they went into the ark to Noah, by twos of all flesh in which was the breath of life.

Genesis 7
    21 All flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind;
    22 of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died.

In each of these cases it is made clear that the animals (the ones that went two by two) do indeed have the breath of life in them as does man. Also, in Gen 1:24, the Hebrew of the word used for 'creature' is “nepish” which means soul. Then there is this:

Ecclesiastes 3:18-22 18 I also thought, "As for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?" 22 So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot. For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?

This says man and animals have the same fate, the same breath, and go to the same place. This is not speaking specifically of the first death as verse 21 speaks specifically of man and animals spirit going up (heaven) or down (hell). So it would seem that animals do have the breath of life, a soul and spirit and that their fate is the same as ours which is to rise upward or go down.

Then, Romans 8:19-22 shows that ALL of creation groans and waits for the day "that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. "

Romans 8:19 - The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.
    Romans 8:20 - For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope
    Romans 8:21 - that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
    Romans 8:22 - We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of child birth right up to the present time.

These verses speak not simply of man but of creation as a whole. “(T)he creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom…” This would include animals. And as a final thought, angles of the apocalypse and Jesus Himself ride horses FROM Heaven in Revelation. So there has to be at least five horses in Heaven, why would He forbid entrance to the rest?

In His service... Arthur

jellodirt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark777 View Post
    This has been discussed on several occasions.
    I figured it had but I couldn't find a thread on it. I'll check out the link you posted, sorry...

According to Scripture, we know there will be animals in Heaven.

What we dont know is if there will be specific animals there.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Amber Lynne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    According to Scripture, we know there will be animals in Heaven.

What we dont know is if there will be specific animals there.

IMHO, we will have our beloved pets in heaven as well...I doubt God would deny us something than He not only provided us with as a sweet loving companion, but something that would bring us so much joy and happiness. Of course, I could be wrong. (It will, however be the very first time that has happened. And now, if you will excuse me, I have some lightening to avoid.)

raptureshoes Guest

I have no doubt that my beloved dogs will be with me in heaven. none.

aquamarinebug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by raptureshoes View Post
    I have no doubt that my beloved dogs will be with me in heaven. none.

What a faith you have...I wish I had that confidence.

I pray mine will be...I beg God to please let them be in Heaven with me..

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rom 8:19 For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are.

Rom 8:20 Against its will, everything on earth was subjected to God's curse.

Rom 8:21 All creation anticipates the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay.

Rom 8:22 For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

We may see everything that ever lived on earth.

1Ch 16:33 Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the LORD, because he cometh to judge the earth.

There are so many more Scriptures like this. I think heaven will be far beyond our present understanding...

jellodirt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rom831 View Post
    In His service... Arthur
    Quote Originally Posted by Biblecat2 View Post
    I think heaven will be far beyond our present understanding...[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Both of these posts were awsome. Thank you for your time and efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by Biblecat2 View Post
    Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rom 8:19 For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are.

Rom 8:20 Against its will, everything on earth was subjected to God's curse.

Rom 8:21 All creation anticipates the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay.

Rom 8:22 For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

We may see everything that ever lived on earth.

We may. ..and then some.

1Ch 16:33Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the LORD, because he cometh to judge the earth.
    The trees will sing?

And this verse says..

Isaiah 55:12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

The hills will sing? And the trees will clap their hands?
    I wonder if this will be a literal thing..or just a metaphor?

Sorry, did i just hijack this thread?
    Last edited by TwinklingOfanEye; May 28th, 2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: I got WAY off topic..once again. LOL

PaGirl Guest

I have always been taught that animals do not have souls like you and I have souls....so when they die they just return to dust.. no heaven. I am a big animal lover and worked in vet clinics most of my life and would love to see animals in heaven. My mom and dad recently got saved and she is sooooo worried about their mini dachsund is not getting raptured.....I said to her that if all the animals were raptured, how will the people left behind eat. I guess i am still on the fence with this one.....Man domesticated dogs and cats and ferrets and all animals man has for pets.....they all were wild at one time....so I am not sure if man did it for his own purposes or if it was intended by GOD. I mean know for a fact GOD created each and every animal with a purpose and they each have their place in all of creation like being food for us and food for each other and the whole food chain thing and so on I just am not sure about animals as pets only because of the fear GOD put into animals of humans after they got out of the ark. I am probably way off base but that is what I always thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Girl View Post
    I've heard of animal ghost. There have been reports of ghost dogs.
    Yes, but just like ghosts of people, i tend to believe that ghosts of any kind are just demonic manifestations.

samuel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jellodirt View Post
    Sorry , no animals ( even religious animals too) in heaven.

Heaven is a prepared place for a prepared people.

Daughter Guest

I love all animals and I have absolute certainty they will be there as confirmed by scripture. However I hope that arachnoids will not be present unless they're in a glorified state.

Daughter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by samuel View Post

How so? Does it say specifically that the New Heaven and New Earth will only be for people?

*** Edit

Just found a few scriptures

Rev 21:5 And behold I make ALL things new

Luke 3:6 ALL FLESH shall see the salvation of God

Psalm 36:6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your judgments are like the great deep; you save humans and animals alike, O LORD

That's not even scriptural.

jellodirt Guest

Can you back that with scripture? I've read some pretty convincing posts leaning the other way...