Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you choose your member name?

Discerning Sheep Guest

Quote Originally Posted by His Bride View Post
    So I guess that means that you are not 6'10 and have a wooden leg?

Very simple....Patti is my first name...and 311 is my house number...thus Patti311.
    "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries

Yeshuaiscomingback Guest

very simple,I believe Yeshua is coming back,so ....I am Yeshuaiscomingback...Praise The LOrd and Maranatha!!!!

Discerning Sheep Guest

Discerning--I pray to the Lord for discernment every day for there is so much false teaching and information in this sin filled world. Sheep--this part came from my pre-christian, liberal days when I would "look down my nose" at all the stupid sheepeople in this world. After I became born again, I seemed to be irresistibly drawn to the passages in the Bible about Jesus, The Shepard, and his sheep. Jesus always has the last laugh.
    Last edited by Discerning Sheep; May 31st, 2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: misspelling

caroljo Guest

Caroljo is just my first and middle name, Carol Jo. Real interesting, nothing special!

Quote Originally Posted by millky View Post
    There was a glass of milk next to me at the time (not mine, milk is gross lol), and I slipped up and spelled it wrong when signing up hence the double L. First thing that came to mind really.

Some of you guys have really detailed backgrounds behind your names, it's interesting. Like I did think jadeeyes just meant green eyes
    My eyes aren't jade, they're azure.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

My nick stands for:
    Chocolate And Rotundity Reside In Every Breakfast....
    hehehe just kiddin'... my name is carrie, the b stands for "baby", like I'm a hipster flipster kinda chick...

I picked mine because of the old song by Mr. Mister. I always liked the song. A Christian group did a cover of it a few years ago.

Kyrie eleison - down the road that I must travel

Kyrie eleison - through the darkness of the night

Kyrie eleison - where I'm going will you follow

Kyrie eleison - on a highway in the light.
    Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie Eleison View Post
    I picked mine because of the old song by Mr. Mister. I always liked the song. A Christian group did a cover of it a few years ago.

Kyrie eleison - down the road that I must travel

Kyrie eleison - through the darkness of the night

Kyrie eleison - where I'm going will you follow

Kyrie eleison - on a highway in the light.
    Oh, I love that song!!! Of course, I'm a child of the 80's, so I like most/all 80's music.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

I like being outside and I was born in 1960.
    John 13:35
    By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Musician in His house View Post
    I picked mine because I play keyboard/organ at my church and sing in the choir. I love nothing more than playing music and singing. If I'm not mistaken, there is a Bible verse that goes something to the effect of being content to be just a doorkeeper in the house of the Lord. Well, I will be content if I can be just a Musician in His House!!
    Psalm 84:10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

Wish I had that skill. Ah, well, piano lessons are on my list of things to do in Heaven!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Marjorie Guest

Marjorie is my middle name.

Philippians1:21 Guest

Philippians 1:21 (King James Version)

21For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Philippians 1:21,Love this verse..so I thought what better than when my fellow believers here interact with me, that they are reminded of this great verse.

Three guesses....and the first two don't count!
    Strengthen the weak hands, And make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who are feeble-hearted, Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with a vengence, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you." Is 35:3-6

cocopea9052 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by watchwoman View Post
    Three guesses....and the first two don't count!
    Hum, it could be that you are a woman with a lots of watches, or you are a man that watches lots of women......

cocopea9052 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jadeeyes View Post
    My eyes aren't jade, they're azure.
    So your screen name could have been azureeyes....

Where the waving wheat, sure smells sweet!

Because I love my Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by cocopea9052 View Post
    So your screen name could have been azureeyes....
    I think the repetition would cause me to have seizures.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

I had a dream when I was nine, purple robes hanging in a row. It always stuck with me, then many years later...reading my Bible and saw they put a purple robe on Jesus ( John 19:2 )

RememberTheName Guest

Mine's the name of my old gaming 'clan', which was basically just me and a group of friends that always tried to play together. The group has long since broken up, but the memories of spending time with friends are good ones, which is why I chose the name.