Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you choose your member name?

Caver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by His Bride View Post
    You could be my 21 year old son, Caver....

My name is a given....His Bride. Bride of Christ was already taken. One day soon, His Bride will be home!
    Chuckling.......except that age was 40 years ago.

His Bride Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Caver View Post
    Chuckling.......except that age was 40 years ago.
    Oh yeah, I understand completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing what a FEW years can do, huh?

dorcus Guest

Dorcas went from place to place caring for the needy and that is what I feel like my spiritual gift is-service. So Dorcus seemed a fit for me!

Tall Timbers is the name of the road I live on. I use it or a derivative for many of my online account ID's.
    Tall Timbers

His Bride Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Tall Timbers is the name of the road I live on. I use it or a derivative for many of my online account ID's.
    So I guess that means that you are not 6'10 and have a wooden leg?

My screen name is my husband and my initials, I use it for almost everything so I do not forget my user name, the 2004 is the year when the Lord brought him into my life.
    Ephesians 2:8-9
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

My username is slightly more complicated. First, I absolutely love flowers. Second, my daughter always said that when she had a daughter, she would name her Jade. Well, she and her husband have 3 daughters and a son and their first daughter is named Jade. Third, when Jade was just a toddler, I was looking through my Beck's catalog and found that they had allium bulbs that produce a white flower with a green center. The name of the allium is Jadeeyes. Well, because I had a grandchild named Jade, I had to plant some of those bulbs in my garden. It was so much fun when those flowers came up in my garden and pointed them out to Jade and told them the name. I love Jade, her name and th name of those flowers. Hence the name Jadeeyes. (I'll bet y'all thought I have green eyes.) Since then, I've been blessed with 3 more granddaughters and a grandson and have taken to naming flowers in my garden for them. For instance, instead of Blackeyed Susans, I planted Blackeyed Madisons.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

cocopea9052 Guest

Nothing special about mine, it was part of an email address I already had, that was derived from the nickname of coco and my ex who called me chickpea....and the 9052 was computer assigned-- as someone had the nerve to already have cocopea...

And when I came to join RR it never ever occurred to me to make a new more appropriate screen name.

But if I could change it now, it would be: #1 RAPTURE FAN

(notice how I manage to work Rapture into most every post......)

Claudius Guest

I picked Claudius because I have always admired the Roman Emperor Claudius. Tiberius Claudius Nero Germanicus. His sister-in-law Livia the wife of the emperor Tiberius was a psycho.

Tiberius was the emperor during the life of Jesus.

Livia spent most of her free time eliminating the competition for her husband's job. typically by poison. One of Claudius' tutors advised the young Claudius to act mentally retarded in the presence of Livia and thus probably saved the boy's life. Livia made fun of the boy and called him "Clau, Clau, Claudius" or called him "Claudius the Stammerer" or "Claudius the Lame."

Tiberius died leaving his grandson young Gaius Emperor. Gaius was twenty-three years old. Gaius started out being wildly popular, the guy was a rock star. He repealed some taxes and the like. Then he got sick and stayed sick for the space of a year. When he recovered he was completely out of control. Gaius is also known as Caligula. The Latin word "Caligula" derives from the word "caligi." Caligi were the heavy, brass cleat shod Roman infantry boot worn by Roman soldiers. Gaius' father was a Roman general, Livia probably poisoned him to death. Young Gaius was popular among the soldiers. Gaius' mom Agripina the Elder made him a little soldier's outfit. The grunts called him "Caligula" which is Latin for "Little Boots." When the legion that Gaius' father led was moving, young Gaius walked along with the soldiers, ate their food and was probably carried along by them when he got tired. Typical little boy. Mom and dad didn't worry too much about young Gaius when he was out and about in that he had a legion of trained professional grade killers keeping an eye on him. I can imagine, "hey mister, what kind of three is that? hey mister, what kind of bird is that?"

After the assassination of Gaius, Claudius, Gaius' uncle, was found hiding behind a curtain in the palace. Claudius figured that they were going to kill him next. Instead they made him emperor.

Claudius was a popular emperor. He repealed some taxes and took charge of eliminating corruption in the government. For the most part Claudius was just a kindly old man. Claudius had simple tastes, ate simple food and took naps when he got the chance.

Claudius was probably poisoned by his niece Agripina the Younger, Gaius' sister. Her motive for eliminating Claudius was to make her son Nero Claudius Caesar Drusus Germanicus, AKA Nero, the emperor. That plan backfired because one of the first things on Nero's to do list was to have his mom killed. The story is told that when the Soldiers tasked with killing Agripina the Younger confronted the woman she took hold of one of the swords and guiding it to her abdomen told the soldiers, "Strike here first for this is the womb that bore Nero."

millky Guest

There was a glass of milk next to me at the time (not mine, milk is gross lol), and I slipped up and spelled it wrong when signing up hence the double L. First thing that came to mind really.

Some of you guys have really detailed backgrounds behind your names, it's interesting. Like I did think jadeeyes just meant green eyes

Amen Guest

Sometimes its about all I can add! Amen!

One Day He's Coming! Oh Glorious Day!

scarletRaven Guest

it's the name of my twin sister she died i lived i wish i could have realy known her

binky12 Guest

i got mine from my cats name binky who i rescued from certain death as a kitten, 12 is nothing really unless you consider that's how many cats i've had right now im down to 3. All of which are rescued kitties.

I wasn't really creative with my name,dee is a nickname and I live in Alabama.

"...government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan January 20, 1981

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Jesusshineonme62 Guest

My name came from Jesus shining on us, so that we will shine the light on the world for HIM. 62 is my birth year.
    If I could change it , it would be "Been Raptured", cause you know that is what we all pray happens every day!
    Last edited by Jesusshineonme62; May 31st, 2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Forgot my Birth Year

Got mine by, reading, searching, pondering knowing there was so much evil in this old world and searching for his truth and not wanting to be decieved, thus the name.
    1 John 4 : 4
    Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

I picked mine because I play keyboard/organ at my church and sing in the choir. I love nothing more than playing music and singing. If I'm not mistaken, there is a Bible verse that goes something to the effect of being content to be just a doorkeeper in the house of the Lord. Well, I will be content if I can be just a Musician in His House!!
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

I chose mine because i am a single mom!!.....- And my children make me walk like the felix cat above.
    approaching God

Quote Originally Posted by His Bride View Post
    So I guess that means that you are not 6'10 and have a wooden leg?
    No wooden leg, at least not yet .
    Tall Timbers