Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you choose your member name?

Amber Lynne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LookingUplinda View Post

(snicker)

My favorite musical group is the German electronic band Tangerine Dream, and one of my favorite songs of theirs is called "Stratosfear." The misspelling is deliberate and, I think, a nice touch.

I am from Louisiana

MurphtheSquirt Guest

Mine is from my dog, Murphy, who is a 4 lb. Yorkie. He's a little squirt. So I'm Murph the Squirt.

Murph

I picked my username because - I do have a thankful heart that Jesus brought me back to Himself, and a song by Petra really touched me, particularly selected lyrics which are:

I have a thankful heart
    that You have given me
    and it can only come from You

**all of the poetry posted under this username was composed by me; Dee M. aka ThankfulHeart, to the glory of God**

In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God
    (Psalm 62:7)

For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3)

Dichotomy Guest

My name comes from one of my favorite albums. It's by Becoming the Archetype.

I've had this username a loooong time. I picked it out when I joined my first message board, a NASCAR board. I was/am a #24 (Jeff Gordon) fan... and I just love the number SEVEN... COMPLETENESS.

Nowadays it suits me even more... I am watching 24/7.
    Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

alexsmiles Guest

my name is ALEX and i like to SMILE

02ranger Guest

I drive a 2002 Ford Ranger, hence 02ranger. I've used this username on the internet for a VERY long time.

republic74 Guest

Republic is for the fact we are a Republic not a democracy and 74 for the year I was born.

ILoveJesus Guest

Well, I choose mine very simply . . .I thought about how great Jesus love is and how much he has done for me . . and all I came up with was, ILoveJesus.
    I think it fits me quite well because . .

I love Jesus!!!

ILJ for short

heart_changed99 Guest

I got saved in '99. My heart has been changed since.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratosfear View Post
    My favorite musical group is the German electronic band Tangerine Dream, and one of my favorite songs of theirs is called "Stratosfear." The misspelling is deliberate and, I think, a nice touch.
    I love Tangerine Dream!!! I'll have to listen to that song... :-)

My testimony can be found here, post #227:
    http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=105938&page=12

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." -Jeremiah 33:3

I have a Jewish Step-mother who is just as much my mother as my Black Baptist one. Shout Out to my two mommies!!!!! Or Shalom Out to one of them!!!!
    And since children are Jewish by their mom...well...there you have it. I am Jewish by Choice.
    SILENT PULPITS=SILENT HOLOCAUST

The WORD One

Nicname from military days.

His = I am HIS
    PLH = Peace Loving Hippie - a nickname give to me by my coworkers
    RN = uh, I'm a nurse...
    1 Thess 4:16-7 (KJV): For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, & with the trump of God: & the dead in Christ shall rise first.Then we which are alive & remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: & so shall we ever be with the Lord.

My user name was taken from a hero of mine by the name of Col.Dean Hess,U.S Air Force.He fought and flew P-51 fighters in WW II.He came home and became a minister searching for forgivness for accidentally bombing a children's orphanage and killing 36 children.He never completely got over it.

In 1952,he was recalled by the Air Force to train So.Korean pilots in our fighter and air tactics flying P-51's.He had "By Faith I Fly" painted on the side of his aircraft in Korean.

To cut a long story,short,he went on to establish and fund a large childrens orphanage in Cheau,So.Korea.Hollywood made a movie about him called "Battle Hymm" starring Rock Hudson.

Being a Christian,a pilot and ex-Air Force myself,I don't think he would mind my using this name.

By the way,pedxing,thanks for a great thread.I always wondered how many of you choose your user names. This schould be a stickey.

Cherished, because I got sick and tired of trying to come up with something clever and related to christianity. Cherished came to my mind, and it grew on me.

JarsofClay Guest

Well JoC is my favorite band, and you could look up 1 Cor 4:7.