Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emergent Charts

Dulouz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    trying to pinpoint an Emergent is like trying to nail jello
    but we know the truth and what they are trying to do
    So you don't know exactly what Emergent believes, but your offering up what appears to be a definitive chart of their views?

Quote Originally Posted by Dulouz View Post
    So you don't know exactly what Emergent believes, but your offering up what appears to be a definitive chart of their views?
    That's because the garden variety emergent is so messed up, they don't know what they believe. It, by nature is totally subjective, but the charts nail the movement, but not each individual.

You already knew that though.

This is an interesting chart. I have to say though, the views attributed to Emergent aren't the standard view as implied here.
    Care to give specifics, or do you prefer to generalize?

I know what they believe and it's not good
    the charts are an accurate description, they try to weasel around it too much

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Default The Chart of Emergent Destruction

Thanks for this chart and all the work you put into it. Sending to my pastor.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

carolina_guy Guest

This is an interesting chart. I have to say though, the views attributed to Emergent aren't the standard view as implied here.
    Care to share your views on what Emergent is? Are your views the standard? Are you offended by the chart?

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

dulouz, I dont think even emergents know what emergents believe
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

let me attempt a shot at this
    in a nutshell:

Emergents are post modernists, playing "Christian", denying the true salvation of the reformation, practicing ancient pagan catholic rituals, in their church converted pubs, decked with comfy couches, pillows, beer kegs, wine coolers, and neon lighting, cussing, cursing, & questioning the validity of God, evangelicalism, and scripture, in between skin piercings, tribal tattoos, baldness, long sideburns, and goatees.

am I close?

carolina_guy Guest

Oh, and don't forget they are born again every day and they question if this is all a hoax, if God even exists, because ya know, they are agnostic in that sense.

David50 Guest

in a nutshell:

Emergents are post modernists, playing "Christian", denying the true salvation of the reformation, practicing ancient pagan catholic rituals, in their church converted pubs, decked with comfy couches, pillows, beer kegs, wine coolers, and neon lighting, cussing, cursing, & questioning the validity of God, evangelicalism, and scripture, in between skin piercings, tribal tattoos, baldness, long sideburns, and goatees.

am I close?
    I think you nailed it... Thanks

How come Dulouz seems to be ?

Quote Originally Posted by JoelH View Post

I wondered that too.

Quote Originally Posted by OnceWasLost View Post
    I wondered that too.
    Normally I never like to gossip or falsely accuse someone, but I admit the behaviours I have witnessed reek of coming in, posting a few pointed questions, then a few snipe potshots, and leaving without any announcement or bother to post any questions. Usually people who do this don't come with an honest intention of seeking answers, but rather, it is a practice of going into "enemy" territory and getting "ammunition" for the consumption of his/her own turfs.

Especially since this is someone who registered 7 months ago and I remembered some posts that defended progressive "Christian" positions and liberal beliefs, and then disappeared from this forum for a long time. To come back out of a sudden and then start asking accusatory questions, followed by leaving this site just as quickly, do not signal a good intention to me.

Dulouz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JoelH View Post

Why do I seem to be a clown in a dunk tank with a snorkel throwing a peace sign/holding a bunny? Is that what you are asking?

Hey, OWL. I sent you a PM.

Why do I seem to be a clown in a dunk tank with a snorkel throwing a peace sign/holding a bunny? Is that what you are asking?

Hey, OWL. I sent you a PM.
    Got it and replied. Glad you are back.

Hi Dulouz, sorry this symbol just confused you. It is HK internet icon meaning "diving" aka stop visiting a site/forum.

I know what they believe and it's not good
    the charts are an accurate description, they try to weasel around it too much
    in a nutshell:

am I close?
    I agree. Hey Buzz, is there a pdf for this chart or someway I can print it off? its kinda difficult to read on here.
    Thanks princess

Quote Originally Posted by princesstiki View Post
    I agree. Hey Buzz, is there a pdf for this chart or someway I can print it off? its kinda difficult to read on here.
    Thanks princess
    Sorry, I don't have the .pdf of these charts, but there are more by the creator here: http://crossroad.to/charts/

rach1370 Guest

in a nutshell:

am I close?
    So, I would agree with most of this...but dude...picking on the bald people??!!!
    My hubby is bald...but before that had long sideburns....and he's about as far from emergent as you can get!

Jokes aside...I don't know that outward appearance plays a big part in what is actually going on in a persons heart. Granted I don't have tattoos or body piercing...in fact I'm probably considered very conservative in my own dressing etc. But if a person is saved, and by that I mean reformation style...not emergent...does it matter if they wear black nail polish??

Quote Originally Posted by rach1370 View Post
    So, I would agree with most of this...but dude...picking on the bald people??!!!
    My hubby is bald...but before that had long sideburns....and he's about as far from emergent as you can get!

Jokes aside...I don't know that outward appearance plays a big part in what is actually going on in a persons heart. Granted I don't have tattoos or body piercing...in fact I'm probably considered very conservative in my own dressing etc. But if a person is saved, and by that I mean reformation style...not emergent...does it matter if they wear black nail polish??
    a few jokes sewn in with the truth, emergents do have a strange dress code to appear cool & hip, usually involves odd facial hair, reminds me of the 60's beatniks, Maynard wannabes http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpo...153/krebs.html