Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missionary Baptist Church

Default Missionary Baptist Church

Does anyone have any experiance with the Missionary Baptist Church?
    I went to the one here in Redmond OR. and was turned off when they said that they were the only Body of Christ in Redmond.

I attend a missionary Baptist church, but apparently it is not connected with the one you attended. Sounds like they are baptist in name only!

It is a small Church group, and I know that they love the Lord but I just can't hepl but feel that a statment like that is prideful.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinHim View Post
    I attend a missionary Baptist church, but apparently it is not connected with the one you attended. Sounds like they are baptist in name only!
    I don't know but does your MBC say also that only the MBC can baptize and that if you were baptized by say a Calvery Chaple it didn't count?

ROFL.... BINOs!!!
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Quote Originally Posted by kjlistrom View Post
    I don't know but does your MBC say also that only the MBC can baptize and that if you were baptized by say a Calvery Chaple it didn't count?
    My personal experience, I was baptized in the Nazarene church, attended there for about 8 years, then I began attending a baptist church. They did have me to be re-baptized, although I really felt that my first baptism was real and fine. the main difference tho was between OSAS and OSNAS. I have found that no church has it all together nor does any one church have their doctrine 100% lined up with scripture. Nobody does. If the indiscretion is not a salvation issue, I dont worry about it, but if it is a salvation issue, and I am led by the HS to believe that it is incorrect, I would probably not attend there long. Ive been in the baptist church for almost 7 years. Before that I had attended Pentecostal. I am grateful for the teaching of the Holy Spirit! Personally, I do not feel that I belong to any label over the door of any church, but to the whole body of believers which is the real church. I am in the bible belt, and every church has its own personality and ways . . . . There is another baptist group I would not associate with, and that would be the phelps brand of baptist . . . bad news there.

well, to answer your question about the "manual" I havent seen one. so, I dont know what it says! I have never heard them say or preach or act like we who attend this church gathering are the only true believers.

Unfortunately, there are some churches around that go under the label 'Baptist' that are actually more like a cult than a true Baptist church. Several years ago, we attended, but never joined, a small 'Baptist' church that had problems with people being baptized in another church that wasn't one of their 'sister' churches. It was called 'alien' baptism, if you were baptized in another church, even if it was by immersion in a Baptist church. They also believed that they were the true Bride of Christ and would be present for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. The rest of us, who were outside their particular brand of 'Baptist' were not a part of the actual Bride and were just to be observers (if I remember correctly) at the Marriage Supper.

They also had a doctrine that said everyone should attend a 'local' fellowship; strangely, only the pastor's family and one other member were actually local.
    Everyone else commuted to the church from another community.
    We could never have joined a church with odd beliefs such as these.

I agree with you that if it is not a salvation issue that it does not matter.
    They have said many times that there are saved people out there but they aren't the true body of Christ because they aren't menbers of a New Testament Church and that The Redmond Baptist Church was the ony New Testament Church in Redmond.

I can't help but feel that they have separated themselfs from the Body of Christ.

I went there about 6 mons. and they did re-baptize me, I didn't have a problem with that cause I to felt that the first time I was Baptized was good, I didn't have any conviction after the first time, in fact I felt full, so to speak.
    I didn't have a problem going before the RMBC and doing it again just to show them I was obedeiant to the Church, but latter when they said that the first time didn't count because it was not by an ordained Preacher from a New Testament Church is when I started to look into their beliefs and left the Church.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Unfortunately, there are some churches around that go under the label 'Baptist' that are actually more like a cult than a true Baptist church. Several years ago, we attended, but never joined, a small 'Baptist' church that had problems with people being baptized in another church that wasn't one of their 'sister' churches. It was called 'alien' baptism, if you were baptized in another church, even if it was by immersion in a Baptist church. They also believed that they were the true Bride of Christ and would be present for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. The rest of us, who were outside their particular brand of 'Baptist' were not a part of the actual Bride and were just to be observers (if I remember correctly) at the Marriage Supper.

They also had a doctrine that said everyone should attend a 'local' fellowship; strangely, only the pastor's family and one other member were actually local.
    Everyone else commuted to the church from another community.
    We could never have joined a church with odd beliefs such as these.
    They didn't call it alien but yeah, thats just about word for word.

I havent read in the scriputures that you have to have an ordained minister to baptize you. I feel that if I wanted to and the rest of my immediate family agreed, I would and could baptize my own children and it is just as good a baptism as mine was.

I havent read in the scriputures that you have to have an ordained minister to baptize you. I feel that if I wanted to and the rest of my immediate family agreed, I would and could baptize my own children and it is just as good a baptism as mine was.
    I have to agree with you, I always have thought the same. When my dear wife was baptized I helped our Preacher and it was the most beautiful thing.

I started going there because of the time and having to work on Sundays, but am now back going to the Calvary Chaple. After about a week they sent me a letter and said that I was out of fellowship with them and that I was chasing after sin and was not welcome there till I restored myself back to fellowship with them in repentance.
    I'll continue to go to the Calvary Chaple. I have enough trouble with sin, let alone chasing after it.

oh my goodness . . . . I would stay away from that church, too!

There is a biblical way of handling those who have gone off in sin and what they did isnt even biblical . . . .

The bible says to talk to that brother and if there is no repentence, then take another with you for a witness and talk again, and if there is still no repentence, then go before the whole congregation(this is a big part of the why that unbelievers should net be attending a church gathering) and bring the problem there, and if there is still no repentence, you shake the dust off ya feet and you are done with them then. That is off the top of my head, I should get the scripture for it to make sure of the exactness of it.

ugghhh, cant find it right this minute . . .

oh my goodness . . . . I would stay away from that church, too!

There is a biblical way of handling those who have gone off in sin and what they did isnt even biblical . . . .

The bible says to talk to that brother and if there is no repentence, then take another with you for a witness and talk again, and if there is still no repentence, then go before the whole congregation(this is a big part of the why that unbelievers should net be attending a church gathering) and bring the problem there, and if there is still no repentence, you shake the dust off ya feet and you are done with them then. That is off the top of my head, I should get the scripture for it to make sure of the exactness of it.

ugghhh, cant find it right this minute . . .
    You don't need to find it for my part, as I have read it many times.

One did come and talk with me and I asked him to show me where it says that they were the only Body of Christ and he said that you get it in little snibets here and there in scripture. I knew I would be getting the letter so before he left I said that this was not a sin issue but a issue with understanding God's word, his or mine understanding. Didn't matter though because in the letter they sent, it was about chasing after sin.

if you know where this scripture is, post it for my benefit?

I will, I'm at work right now so I'll get it tonight and post it tomarrow afternoon.

This is the letter that was sent to me,

It is with much sorrow of heart that we must inform you of the disciplinary action taken against you, due to your lack of attendance and fellowship. We have done this in accordance to Hebrews 10:23-31 and 2 Thessalonians 3:6. Done by order of the church May 10,2009.

Hebrews 10:23-31 is about chasing after sin. Like I said, I have enough trouble with sin, let alone chasing after it besides.
    I left because of their interpetation of Gods word and mine didn't line up.

I am dumbfounded! Before they go sending stuff like that out they really should make sure of why they are doing it. I hope they have examined the log in their own eyes . . .

Quote Originally Posted by kjlistrom View Post
    It is with much sorrow of heart that we must inform you of the disciplinary action taken against you, due to your lack of attendance and fellowship.
    I wouldn't waste another second worrying about them if I were you. Any sort of exclusiveness, like they claim, is cultish. Their behavior seems to follow.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    I wouldn't waste another second worrying about them if I were you. Any sort of exclusiveness, like they claim, is cultish. Their behavior seems to follow.

Agreed. I would be praying that God would open their eyes to the truth of His Word and their own behavior in light of it. I feel sorry for people caught up in groups (churches) like this. They think they're okay, because they're in the 'right church.' Even though they verbally agree with the gospel message, they seem to have added exra-biblical man-made requirements that they put on par with Scripture. Not good.