Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry

NovaStorm Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Just curious, does anyone here have a CCW permit?
    Well, I’m not a cop, I’m not military, not FBI, CIA, a Ranger in parks and recreations or a foreign diplomat, and I’m not an illegal alien, drug smuggler or gang member, just a law abiding, never in trouble, citizen/resident of California. So no, and pretty much near impossible to get a CCW. And if I did, and someone tried to murder me with a gun or even WMD for that matter, and I did have a CCW and fired back and hit him/her/them/it, I’d probably wind up in prison, ugh.

I get to carry my knife though…… for now.

If I could carry, I'd carry a loaded, 12gage, double barrel, semi-auto, tactical grip, black/blue finish, flashlight/laser spot, shotgun, everywhere I went heh. But for sake of concealment, Jericho 941 IDF issue type (i.e. Baby Eagle .40). Saving up for that one actually since my old pistol is getting warn (no hope for a CCW however). But currently have a Jennings 9mm at home or work (legal), 12g, .22 long and some other arms. I prefer semi-auto 12g's.

...cold dead hands. If no one killed anyone in this world and I didn't need a defense weapon (just not how it is, sadly), I'd be happy with just a bow and a buck knife, but this is the real world. I hear they will require us to register ammo soon... bad to worse... or worse to... what could be worse? ...oh yeah.

I've thought about it here in Montana, the problem is having a CCW changes many violations that would be misdemeanors into felonies, so I've held off so far. Not that I do those violations, I just hate the idea of accidentally carrying the weapon in a no-go zone landing me in prison instead of simply getting a ticket. That and I'm not sure if a state felony removes your right to bear arms or not, but I'm pretty sure it does or will soon.
    -------------------------------------
    www.needGod.com by Living Waters / Ray Comfort
    Hell's Best Kept Secret by Ray Comfort / Living Waters
    This guy has some awesome sermons:
    http://www.getalifemedia.com/
    or to shortcut to a *great* series: The Final Countdown Youtube playlist by Billy Crone

Quote Originally Posted by 26Franklin View Post
    The People's Republic of Tax-consin is too backwards to allow it here yet - just like their continued refusal to execute criminals!
    It is only a matter of time. In Kansas it went before the "leaders" a couple of times before it was voted in. I think there are only two or three stats that do not have it in place as of yet. Call your representatives, and tell them you want it.
    From Above Only And Not Beneath

TravisandJill Guest

You guys need to move to Texas. All that was required of me was to attend a one day saturday class on shooting and firearm safety, fingerprints, and background check (all got done on the same day). I received my lisence in a week. BTW I was the only female in a class of about 25 people. AND I shot better than some former military guys They didnt appreciate me doing that though...

Dee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TravisandJill View Post
    You guys need to move to Texas. All that was required of me was to attend a one day saturday class on shooting and firearm safety, fingerprints, and background check (all got done on the same day). I received my lisence in a week. BTW I was the only female in a class of about 25 people. AND I shot better than some former military guys They didnt appreciate me doing that though...
    Nah you need to move to Bama. No classes, no fingerprint, instant background checks.

I collect guns and combat/tactical/hunting knives and have since I was a kid. Got my first gun at age six (pellet rifle) and my first shotgun at age eight (.410). Still have them. Been collecting ever since. I go to the range at least once or twice a week.

I have a bunch of different handguns I carry depending on my mood, the weather and what I'm wearing and which particular firearm I like best at the time. Right now I'm carrying my Glock 27 with night sights and my Springfield 1911 Micro Compact .45.

I keep them in their holsters in my console and put it on before I get into the car and do not take it off until I'm back inside my garage and the doors are shut.

Looking forward to going to the range on my vacation next week. Got a nice range where we're going. Yehaw!!!

[TST]Baxter Guest

ohno
    Last edited by [TST]Baxter; August 30th, 2007 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Because

Doublezero Guest

Im a police officer in Florida

ON-DUTY: Glock 17 (9mm)
    OFF-DUTY: Glock 26 (9mm baby glock)

Both guns are great and I always wear both when i'm on duty.

Chris72 Guest

I do not have my CCW...yet.

Here in Minnesota we can carry, but all a business has to do it put a sign on saying the do not allow guns on the premises and you are not allowed to bring it in. All that does is stop the good guys from having a gun in there. I need to find out what can happen if one is still brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaStorm View Post
    Well, I’m not a cop, I’m not military, not FBI, CIA, a Ranger in parks and recreations or a foreign diplomat, and I’m not an illegal alien, drug smuggler or gang member, just a law abiding, never in trouble, citizen/resident of California. So no, and pretty much near impossible to get a CCW. And if I did, and someone tried to murder me with a gun or even WMD for that matter, and I did have a CCW and fired back and hit him/her/them/it, I’d probably wind up in prison, ugh.

I get to carry my knife though…… for now.

If I could carry, I'd carry a loaded, 12gage, double barrel, semi-auto, tactical grip, black/blue finish, flashlight/laser spot, shotgun, everywhere I went heh. But for sake of concealment, Jericho 941 IDF issue type (i.e. Baby Eagle .40). Saving up for that one actually since my old pistol is getting warn (no hope for a CCW however). But currently have a Jennings 9mm at home or work (legal), 12g, .22 long and some other arms. I prefer semi-auto 12g's.

...cold dead hands. If no one killed anyone in this world and I didn't need a defense weapon (just not how it is, sadly), I'd be happy with just a bow and a buck knife, but this is the real world. I hear they will require us to register ammo soon... bad to worse... or worse to... what could be worse? ...oh yeah.
    You must live in Los Angeles County, as do I. I think it is easier in San Bernadino County to get a CCW as well as other counties. Not sure about Orange County but I don't see it as being easier there than LA County. It depends on the Sheriff of the county to approve CCW's, and Lee Baca doesn't like the idea too much.

I'm very happy Missouri passed conceal and carry about two years ago. It was a terrible fight between the Conseratives and Liberals. Now the crimminals in our "Sho-Me state" don't know if they "will be shown" a weapon if they attempt a crime on Good citizens. I LIKE THAT! I don't understand how the Liberals don't see it.

I personally don't carry, but my wife does: a Smith and Wesson 38 special with laser site. Very small, could fit in your front pants pocket. although I wouldn't recommend it. It is small but packs a powerful punch. The handle grip only fits in 3 of my fingers. I bought it for her as a Christmas present 2 years ago.
    For the house, a Mossberg 12g. and, a Smith and Wesson 357.
    Last edited by johnbmcginnis; August 30th, 2007 at 12:46 PM.

Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris72 View Post
    I do not have my CCW...yet.

Here in Minnesota we can carry, but all a business has to do it put a sign on saying the do not allow guns on the premises and you are not allowed to bring it in. All that does is stop the good guys from having a gun in there. I need to find out what can happen if one is still brought in.
    http://www2.mnbar.org/benchandbar/20...y-business.htm
    The rules for Minnesota don't state a punishment for breaking the rules.

Minnesota:
    Like employers, business owners may also restrict individuals from carrying guns on-site if the operator of the establishment makes a "reasonable request that firearms not be brought into the establishment." To satisfy the "reasonable request" requirement, the private establishment must:

1) have a conspicuous sign posted at every entrance to the establishment that states, "[name of the company] bans guns in these premises." The sign(s) must be in black Arial typeface at lease 11/2 inches in height against a bright contrasting background that is at least 187 square inches in area (which translates to an 11x17 sign). The sign(s) must be readily visible and within four feet laterally of each entrance with the bottom of each sign at a height of four to six feet above the floor;

and

2) personally inform the person of the posted request and demand his or her compliance.

To me, it sounds like the business owner has to inform every customer personally for compliance.
    Last edited by johnbmcginnis; August 30th, 2007 at 12:49 PM.

Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Josh Guest

I carry a Kahr PM9, because it is small and easy to stash inside my jeans.

I have a Glock 17 chambered and ready to go by my bed.

jeshurun Guest

If the rapture doesn't happen anytime soon, I'm getting myself the most powerful handgun with laser sight I can buy. Peace & order situation is getting worse everywhere.

BenBenson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zhan View Post
    I've thought about it here in Montana, the problem is having a CCW changes many violations that would be misdemeanors into felonies, so I've held off so far. Not that I do those violations, I just hate the idea of accidentally carrying the weapon in a no-go zone landing me in prison instead of simply getting a ticket. That and I'm not sure if a state felony removes your right to bear arms or not, but I'm pretty sure it does or will soon.
    Any felony removes your right (pretty stupid concept eh, removing a right?)
    to own a firearm.

This is a pretty idiotic concept IMHO. "But you cant have criminals with weapons" some might moan. Well, if a man has completed his punishment given him to the court for the crime he commited, I believe it should be finished at that point. No secondary, lifelong "punishments" such as never being able to vote, own a weapon to defend himself, etc. He shouldn't be branded a criminal for life after serving a punishment that was deemed "just" by the state. To me, its like a violation of contract.

"But a felon who is armed would be dangerous" some say. Well, if the said felon is so dangerous, that is he has not be rehabilitated, then why release him from prison at all?

In the old west, the first thing they would hand a man when he was released from prison were his boots and his gun.

Josh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BenBenson View Post
    Any felony removes your right (pretty stupid concept eh, removing a right?)
    to own a firearm.

This is a pretty idiotic concept IMHO. "But you cant have criminals with weapons" some might moan. Well, if a man has completed his punishment given him to the court for the crime he commited, I believe it should be finished at that point. No secondary, lifelong "punishments" such as never being able to vote, own a weapon to defend himself, etc. He shouldn't be branded a criminal for life after serving a punishment that was deemed "just" by the state. To me, its like a violation of contract.

"But a felon who is armed would be dangerous" some say. Well, if the said felon is so dangerous, that is he has not be rehabilitated, then why release him from prison at all?

In the old west, the first thing they would hand a man when he was released from prison were his boots and his gun.
    Rational thought has no place in gun debates. A little more emotion is needed here, please.

jeshurun Guest

benbenson,

I don't know if ex-cons have their 2nd amendment rights revoked; but if it is, I think its a law that makes an awful lot of sense. Just like notifying the police department if a sex offender is moving into a city; just my very humble opinion.

This principle was taught by Jesus himself:
    Mar 9:43-47 And if thy hand cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life maimed, rather than having thy two hands to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire. (44) <> (45) And if thy foot cause thee to stumble, cut it off: it is good for thee to enter into life halt, rather than having thy two feet to be cast into hell. (46) <> (47) And if thine eye cause thee to stumble, cast it out: it is good for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell;

NovaStorm Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jeshurun View Post
    benbenson,

I don't know if ex-cons have their 2nd amendment rights revoked; but if it is, I think its a law that makes an awful lot of sense. Just like notifying the police department if a sex offender is moving into a city; just my very humble opinion.
    erm in California it's felon, spousal abuse and domestic violence restraining order. The way the courts are, if you spank your kids they will probably take your self defense and hunting weapons since they have been pushing real hard to put those ebil peeps that spank children into prison.

dentndude2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TravisandJill View Post
    Well I'm not a male but I do have my conceil carry permit for Texas. I havent had to use it, nor do I carry it all the time. The main purpose was to keep it in my car. I have a Bersa 380 semi auto. We also have a Smith and Wesson MP 15 and a .22 for target practice. Dh and I are looking to add a Sig 40 cal. We like guns
    Well, it may make no difference to you, but I am a police officer in Texas and the new non-applicability laws for UCW (Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon) just changed 9-1-07. Now, as long as you meet the 'traveling exception' in your car, on your way to your car, or on your premises; you can carry a handgun, illegal knife, or a club. It's gotta be concealed and not out in plain view, you're not engaged in criminal activity (other than a Class C Misdemeanor regulating traffic), not otherwise prohibited from having the weapon, not a member of a criminal street gang, and in a private motor vehicle (or premise under your control). Those five criteria meet the 'traveling exception' (Penal Code 46.15).

Just thought you may like to know.

KnightErrant Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jeshurun View Post
    benbenson,

This principle was taught by Jesus himself:
    If you are a convicted felon, it is a violation of Federal Law to poccess any firearm, even simply to pick up a firearm to look at it.

Whether it makes sense or not is another question; I would limit it to people who commit violent crimes.

No2Flesh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dentndude2 View Post
    Well, it may make no difference to you, but I am a police officer in Texas and the new non-applicability laws for UCW (Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon) just changed 9-1-07. Now, as long as you meet the 'traveling exception' in your car, on your way to your car, or on your premises; you can carry a handgun, illegal knife, or a club. It's gotta be concealed and not out in plain view, you're not engaged in criminal activity (other than a Class C Misdemeanor regulating traffic), not otherwise prohibited from having the weapon, not a member of a criminal street gang, and in a private motor vehicle (or premise under your control). Those five criteria meet the 'traveling exception' (Penal Code 46.15).

Just thought you may like to know.
    Hi, Im a Texan and am trying to fully understand our new law.
    Could you define "travel"..does it have to cross county lines for example..or could it be a short trip across town?